Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
why was my thread deleted?
    #2110555 - 11/16/03 02:37 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

what rule(s) was/were I breaking?

and even more importantly

why was I not informed about it???

I'm half tempted to toss in a remark about how I view this type of behavor...but I already know that by doing so I will imediately come across as some trouble maker or somethin - this is not my intention at all (thus the reason I am refraining from making such comments) I mean this to be a serious question, and I would hope to be given enough respect to have it be dealt with as such. Is it too much to ask to be given an explination as to why a thread of yours suddenly shows up missing? Cause with four people moderating this particular forum nobody should be too busy to take a whole 30 seconds of their time to shoot off a quick PM to a fellow shroomerite about why they chose to remove one of their threads (especially considering the pace of this forum and the rarity of threads poppin up that need to be removed)

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDruginduced
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: why was my thread deleted? [Re: Muppet]
    #2110580 - 11/16/03 02:50 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

yadd a yadda yadda yo yo yo

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #2110620 - 11/16/03 03:02 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

I'm not sure what thread you are talking about, but if it was the one I saw today in the Dump, then it was deleted because it was too "chatty." There were a series of subsequent posts by other members engaging in back-and-forth chit chat. That kind of posting is not allowed in the Pub. There have been exceptions, in the past, but I think, in general, over the next few weeks, the rules here, and in other forums, will be strictly enforced with little lenience.

It is really up the the Mods of a particular forum to make rules and enforce them. the Mods of the various forums of this web-site enjoy our complete support and confidence, and the Administrative staff will be actively supporting them as needed.

--------------------

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: why was my thread deleted? [Re: Papaver]
    #2110679 - 11/16/03 03:33 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

the post I'm referring to was one made just recently about the irony behind recent OTD changes and how they are affecting the community as a whole...in the form of exiling the OTDers from their homeland and forcing em to take refuge in other forums where they feel less repressed - the irony, of course, referring to how the plans to snuff out what was being precieved as a problem, could potentially result in simply spreading the problems even more

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how such a thread could be considered 'chatty' (especially when compared to some of the other threads that have been brought up around here recently - one in particular that comes to mind talks about urinating in the shower)

I can only assume that I struck a nerve with *someone* due to the fact that soon afetr my thread was removed a brand new sticky came into play about how the mods aren't messin around when it comes to keepin the Pub OTD free

my thread was not meant to be a threat to the Pub, or any other forum for that matter (as in: you're destroying my favorite forum, so now I'm going to gather up my roadies and come terrorize yours...muhahahahaha) but rather ---> was meant to be a half serious / half joking...dry-humor sort of attempt at opening the eyes of those that are in charge, in hopes that *maybe* someone there might just consider that they hadn't thought this whole thing out *quite* as well as they thought they did

obviously though it was taken as some sort of a direct attact, or a flame against their incompetence perhaps.....or, who knows, maybe I'm just not as good at conveying these sorts of things as I thought I was

in either case - I felt I had something to say with that thread, and the powers that be felt otherwise

/me returns back to the fields with the rest of the peons

--------------------

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #2110776 - 11/16/03 04:29 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Then that was the thread I saw, and from what I remember, it was taken in good humor by the Mod, and if I can repeat myself...
Quote:

but if it was the one I saw today in the Dump, then it was deleted because it was too "chatty." There were a series of subsequent posts by other members engaging in back-and-forth chit chat. That kind of posting is not allowed in the Pub.

And I believe the creation of the sticky thread you refer to, was probably a coincidence. May I put forth that you are reading far more into this than it is. Just because a thread gets deleting doesn't mean it has anything to do with the original post in the thread. A thread has a life of its own, and subsequent posts occur, and may give rise to a thread being locked or deleted. At least that is my casual observation of the issue...

I will also repeat...
Quote:

It is really up the the Mods of a particular forum to make rules and enforce them. the Mods of the various forums of this web-site enjoy our complete support and confidence, and the Administrative staff will be actively supporting them as needed.

--------------------

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: why was my thread deleted? [Re: Papaver]
    #2113827 - 11/17/03 01:43 AM (13 years, 25 days ago)

that's cool...I just don't have the time to check up on my threads as often as I used to (seeing as I just recently started working again) and I got a bit agrevated when I noticed my thread had been removed for no apparent reason, and there was no explination given (via PM or otherwise)

that's always been a bit of a pet peeve of mine (feeling as though someone is deliberately keeping you in the dark, for whatever reason) and of course I let my emotions get in the way of my better judgement

thanx for filling me in pappy...at least now I know that my whole 'conspiricy theory' side was just getting the best of me  :crazy:

--------------------

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Wexico
    #2113905 - 11/17/03 02:05 AM (13 years, 25 days ago)

no being mean

--------------------

Edited by boO (11/17/03 07:51 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub