Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

I hate my last class, I fall asleep every day, and I'm fairly sure I don't need it - drop it?
    #3798133 - 02/18/05 11:33 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'm sitting here picking my butt constantly debating what I should do. I'm ALMOST 100% sure I'm going to leave computer engineering. It's not a fun major, and it's about 10 years from being outdated. I hate the class I'm in, and I'm behind and failing.

Someone convince me to just hit the drop button.

Wish I could pick another major..Discrete Math? Any math majors out there?

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: I hate my last class, I fall asleep every day, and I'm fairly sure I don't need it - drop it? [Re: freddurgan]
    #3798154 - 02/18/05 11:38 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I did that last week!

Drop it!

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: I hate my last class, I fall asleep every day, and I'm fairly sure I don't need it - drop it? [Re: freddurgan]
    #3798158 - 02/18/05 11:39 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well, I recenty dropped a math class because it is my weakest subject, the teacher moved too fast for me, and I need more time to devote to it. (which is what I'll be doing during the summer)

If you think you might fail the class, then drop it.

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: I hate my last class, I fall asleep every day, and I'm fairly sure I don't need it - drop it? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #3798166 - 02/18/05 11:40 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
I did that last week!

Drop it!

What'd you drop, out of curiosity.

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #3798181 - 02/18/05 11:45 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It was a 3-and-a-half-hour seminar that went from 6 to 9:30 in the history of folklore and children's tales, which sounds awesome I know, especially cause the semester wrapped up with a discussion of the Burning Man festival, but it was a Senior Seminar, and I had already taken one, and the reading load proved to be humongous, and English majors are already buried under reading in ALL our classes, so it proved to be too much. I also wanted to switch into the last class I need to finish up my degree but it was closed...so after taking one summer course, I'll be all done.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineyesNick
kitchy

Loc: Communist China
Re: I hate my last class, I fall asleep every day, and I'm fairly sure I don't need it - drop it? [Re: MOTH]
    #3798194 - 02/18/05 11:47 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

drop it!

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: I hate my last class, I fall asleep every day, and I'm fairly sure I don't need it - drop it? [Re: yesNick]
    #3798217 - 02/18/05 11:52 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

w00t. It's gone.

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

Invisiblemantis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bunker Alpha, GMC Flag
    #3798735 - 02/18/05 01:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

freddurgan said:
I'm sitting here picking my butt constantly debating what I should do. I'm ALMOST 100% sure I'm going to leave computer engineering. It's not a fun major, and it's about 10 years from being outdated. I hate the class I'm in, and I'm behind and failing.

Someone convince me to just hit the drop button.

Wish I could pick another major..Discrete Math? Any math majors out there?

I'm majoring in Computer Information Systems (fucking programming) but I'm not too sure about it. I'm thinking about changing to something in the natural sciences (or maybe chemistry).

--------------------

Invisiblenewuser1492
Re: I hate my last class, I fall asleep every day, and I'm fairly sure I don't need it - drop it? [Re: mantis]
    #3798748 - 02/18/05 02:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I don't understand how a person can decide what they want to major in at 19 or 20. I'm back in college now after a long break and I finally have a much better idea but I'm still not sure. (Organic chemistry or some sort of biology)

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: I hate my last class, I fall asleep every day, and I'm fairly sure I don't need it - drop it? [Re: mantis]
    #3798758 - 02/18/05 02:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah man..I'm thinking about natural sciences too. I just..I dunno, I don't dig majoring in computers anymore. I'm not bad at programming but I dislike it intensely. I'm even interested in it, but DOING it just doesn't cut it for me. Me disliking programming is something I don't understand, but I'm not too sad. Too many programmers out there. I want to maybe go into chemistry, but I'm SO far behind =( God..it's killing me. 2 years at school and I'll only have 44 hours, and if I switch my majors I'll have even less than that.

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: I hate my last class, I fall asleep every day, and I'm fairly sure I don't need it - drop it? [Re: newuser1492]
    #3798777 - 02/18/05 02:07 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

How far are you into computer engineering? I would stick with engineering... that is a quality path that will give you many high paying job options.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

Invisiblemantis
Male User Gallery

#3798794 - 02/18/05 02:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

freddurgan said:
Yeah man..I'm thinking about natural sciences too. I just..I dunno, I don't dig majoring in computers anymore. I'm not bad at programming but I dislike it intensely. I'm even interested in it, but DOING it just doesn't cut it for me. Me disliking programming is something I don't understand, but I'm not too sad. Too many programmers out there. I want to maybe go into chemistry, but I'm SO far behind =( God..it's killing me. 2 years at school and I'll only have 44 hours, and if I switch my majors I'll have even less than that.

I'm interested in programming but I just don't think I can do it for a living. I love it but I think it's more of a hobby than a career.

I'll probably change over Summer, seeing as how this is my second year of community college.

I think I'd much rather make modest money working outdoors than great money as a programmer. Although, scientists can make some damn fine cash, money is not an issue for me.

--------------------

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#3798950 - 02/18/05 02:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Haha, programmers don't make great money.

And I'm not terribly far into computer engineering. I've only gotten credit for 2 classes in the Comp. E line-up and I just dropped my 3rd one. I'd be behind not because of the classes I'd lose but the classes I now have to take. Chemistry, I lack like 4 classes with labs. Orgo, Inorgo, number 2 on both of those, etc. I'm really kinda in a bind =( I'm going to be at school for a long time.

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

#3798969 - 02/18/05 02:48 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am biology major, with a minor in chem. I really like chemistry and wish I would have majored in that, or gone into chemical engineering. After graduation, I plan on studying chemistry heavily, and then going back to school in a few years with intent for a chemistry masters degree.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

Invisiblemantis
Male User Gallery

#3798980 - 02/18/05 02:50 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, programmers don't but I know some positions in software engineering can make upwards of $100,000/year.

I'll probably be at school for a while too, but is that necessarily a bad thing?

--------------------

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#3799052 - 02/18/05 03:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I dunno, I guess not. Why rush it I guess. I'll have to just suck it up and start majoring in something. I can probably pick anything and be satisfied. Maybe Physics? Cool shit in Physics without all the labs =D

Or discrete math, but I'd feel kinda useless. Unless a discrete mathematician can log on and tell me why he's a badass.

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

OfflineIts Pat
Still kicking
 User Gallery

Loc: THAT MAKES ME BETTER THAN YOU
    #3799079 - 02/18/05 03:08 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If you fall asleep in a College Class that is being paid for by someone, you should reevaluate why you are going to college.

--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: I hate my last class, I fall asleep every day, and I'm fairly sure I don't need it - drop it? [Re: Its Pat]
    #3799090 - 02/18/05 03:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Lol, that's a little hasty. I fall asleep in that class. I don't fall asleep in the other...2 classes. I fall asleep in Economics.

But I stay awake in Calc II and English II. I like math..to an extent, and English II I can always handle. I stayed awake in Chemistry most of te time, except on really bad days for my prof. when he was just a mess. I stayed awake in CS class..

Really, I'm just still trapped in High School version 2.0. Alot of core classes, and the only non-core classes I've taken I haven't enjoyed so it's time for a change.

My intentions for college are fine, thanks.

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
    #3799114 - 02/18/05 03:17 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Programmers make good bread.  I'm programming for myself and I have it pretty easy...  I mean, I don't have a lot of money right now, but I'm on the boards a lot, you may have noticed - I probably spend about 1 week a month working.  :smile:

--------------------
delta9

OfflineIts Pat
Still kicking
 User Gallery

Loc: THAT MAKES ME BETTER THAN YOU
    #3799146 - 02/18/05 03:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Just go to the dock and tell'em you TEH ADH/D!!!

Also, it depends heavily on the Professor who is teaching the class to make it interesting enough to keep the students attention.

--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

Edited by Its Pat (02/18/05 03:28 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale