Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Simple matrix art.
    #3797019 - 02/18/05 04:41 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I made some simple matrix art because I was bored.I think it turned out decent.

(900 square background)

Another version with larger background.(225 squares)

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: Simple matrix art. [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3799828 - 02/18/05 07:48 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

wow that's a good likeness of Morpheus. it looks just like him!

OfflineHippie
officialdeadhead

Loc: here & now
Re: Simple matrix art. [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3799952 - 02/18/05 08:09 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

It is him.
It's from the promo shots of 'The Matrix' (third one I think).

--------------------

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Re: Simple matrix art. [Re: Hippie]
    #3800852 - 02/18/05 11:04 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

yeah I know, it was sarcasm. I just don't like using the little smileys.

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3801584 - 02/19/05 01:00 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I can only do digital art work since I have extensive nerve damage in my hands.I also have pieces of bone missing out of my left hand.I have the writing of a first grader at best.If I could actually draw a straight line I'd take a stab at drawing it.(My lines are wavy/bumpy due to constantly shaky and unsteady hands.)

This took me only a few minutes to do.Like I said simple art work.Although I have done many 60+ hour pieces of anime cg artwork in the past.Far past that is.They turned out much nicer.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
    #3801870 - 02/19/05 01:48 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Nice work, I know what you mean by nerve damage.... My wrist was severed all the way through to the bone (on the inside) cut through all my tendons sensory nerve, median nerves----the doc had to do a 14 hour reconsutrcutive surgery. (fell through a 2nd story glass window) This was 4 years back and I have full motory skills back but my hand is numb for the most part and I dont quite have the piano flow from all the adhesions. Sounds like your nerve damage wasnt direct trauma though since its in both hands?

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: Simple matrix art. [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #3802332 - 02/19/05 03:17 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

.... My wrist was severed all the way through to the bone (on the inside) cut through all my tendons sensory nerve, median nerves----the doc had to do a 14 hour reconsutrcutive surgery. (fell through a 2nd story glass window) This was 4 years back and I have full motory skills back but my hand is numb for the most part and I dont quite have the piano flow from all the adhesions.

Im sorry to hear that.

Quote:

Sounds like your nerve damage wasnt direct trauma though since its in both hands?

Growing up my hands were beaten(quite often with objects) severely for every thing I supposedly did wrong including being left handed.A piece of metal pipe crushed part of the bone that leads tothe middle finger on my left hand.Im missing approx an inch of bone there.Bone fragments were removed but I still have a few left in that were missed and occasionally  its very painful.Ive had most of my knuckles fractured,broken or severely injured in both hands multiple times.I also still have many dents and bumps in my bones in my hands from getting them beaten.I also suffer from the occasional MAJOR tremor in my right hand during which I lose most of the control of my hand.I can function quite well even with the nerve damage however I cannot do things requiring good fine motor skills.For example I cant pick up or assemble very small things.I cant perform surgery.I can put together models of anything b/c of small parts.I definitely cant draw no matter how hard I try.Even if I could draw straight enough, my left right perception is very unbalanced.However, more importantly there is also alot I can do. :smile:

Im quite surprised its not much worse.

--------------------

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

#3802855 - 02/19/05 11:31 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

wow, crazy, I guess I retract my heartless sarcasm.

Even if I could draw straight enough, my left right perception is very unbalanced.

is that physical or neurological?

and also, you type pretty good hey? I notice you don't bother about spaces between sentences. prolly save a lot of time in the long run

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3803115 - 02/19/05 01:48 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Even if I could draw straight enough, my left right perception is very unbalanced.

is that physical or neurological?

Neurological.The perception on the right side of my field of vision is fine but the perception on my left side is very distorted.A large part of it is depth perception but also my visual balance is off.I mean if you ask me to look straight ahead and match two halves of an object the left half will be much smaller than the right half and it will look evenly balanced to me.When I try to draw the right half of the drawing will be accurate as far as proportion and depth but the left half ends up very distorted and unbalanced.The left side of my body is also significantly weaker than my right in general.Even though I was born left handed.Now Im close to being ambidexterous.

--------------------

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
    #3805136 - 02/20/05 12:43 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

WOW youve been through alot. Thats terrible you suffered such abuse. I am amedextrous as well becuase I didnt have motor control in my right hand for bout a year. 4 hours a day of physical therapy for months got me where I am now but my injury looks like a paper cut compared to what youve been through. What is the depth perception problem linked too?

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: Simple matrix art. [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #3806692 - 02/20/05 02:56 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

WOW youve been through alot.

Thats just the beginning of my horrible past sadly enough.But all in all my bad experiences arent so bad because they've made me realizr higher things and they caused me to seek out spirituality very in depth at the age of 12.I have a much deeper spiritual understanding and much more maturity as a result.Sometimes great things are born out of bad things and experiences.

Quote:

What is the depth perception problem linked too?

I went to a neurologist and they did extensive testing and they said that the side of my brain that controls the left side of my body isnt firing neurons as quickly as the other side and I also have many chemical imbalances in the brain as a result.There was some other things I cant remember as well but Im not really good with neurology and neurological terms.

The left side of my body also has much less feeling as a result.

To make things worse Im going deaf slowly as a result of hereditary genes and my left ear is much more deaf than my right as the result of an injury to the eardrum.There is a whole list of problems as well including mental disorders I have overcome now though...curvature of the spine,asthma,high blood pressure (also hereditary),Bad knees due to injury (and I need surgery done eventually),my left shoulder also needs surgery,etc.

Physically Im a bit of a train wreck.My life in the past has been very dreary and gloomy.Yet I manage just fine and I am even a very skilled martial artist.

As far as having it bad though the hand beating was only one aspect of it.I was beaten untilI could no longer stand by schoolmates and by two family members.I got several beatings daily until I was around 14.Needless to say Im tough as hell as a result.Thats one plus and probablyone reason I fare so well in martial arts and in the ring.I am glad I had the past I did as it has allowed me to become who I am and to do great things.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media