Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Maintaining fruiting temps in winter
    #374561 -

So... winter is coming and I'm looking for a way to heat my fruiting chamber to maintain 71-74 degrees. The room where my chamber is located averages 55 - 65 degrees in winter. I force HEPA filtered air into the chamber and I was considering a warm mist humidifier to sit inside the chamber, but I don't know how good this will work (without gambling $45 that I can better spend on rent and groceries).

I am casing trays so I don't really require a super moist environment, and I think warm mist will might be overdoing it in the humidity realm.

Any ideas? I know there are some northern exposed shroomers out there with a solution!

MikeO


Check out this warm mist thingy:
Warm Mist Humidifier at Walmart.com

Edited by MikeO on 08/19/01 02:46 PM.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Maintaining fruiting temps in winter [Re: MikeO]
    #374562 -

a heating pad maybe??

Adam,
-=Dazed Sol Productions=-


--------------------
Peace,
Adam

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Maintaining fruiting temps in winter [Re: MikeO]
    #374618 -

I bought a T-rex reptile heating pad.
I was worried about fire ("burnt tek") with the heating pad.
It looks like a flat piece of brown plastic.. it radiates heat up into the objects like
animals, furniture.. and shroomies. To tell the truth I have only
used it for
heating my incubator and it was too much (summer time)
I had to put only !/4 of the pad above the
incubator to maintain 84degees. I have an uninsulated closet that I will be growing in
in the winter so it should work great. I bought it at www.thatpetplace.com.
(11'x29' is 36.99, and there are smaller ones, down to 10.99)
They also sell thermostats for the pad.. which I will be looking into soon.
Heating pads are too dangerous, not meant to be continually running.

My most worthy advisor
www.thehawkseye.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Maintaining fruiting temps in winter [Re: patzee]
    #374620 -

the pad is made by COBRA if you go to reptiles/heating bla bla at the site.

My most worthy advisor
www.thehawkseye.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Maintaining fruiting temps in winter [Re: patzee]
    #374629 -

I agree that heating pads are a no-no. I think I'll stop by a pet store to find something to maintain temps in my spawning chamber... actually it is an incubation box. However, I am still presented with the problem of heating a fruiting chamber which is roughly about 25 square feet and 5 feet tall. I built a plastic tent with some shelves for trays. I dont think a heat rock will do the trick in there.

I guess I should have mentioned the size of my chamber before... doink!

MikeO



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Maintaining fruiting temps in winter [Re: MikeO]
    #374632 -

WOW.. you have a nice space to work with! I love hearing about other peoples spaces.
And seeing pics.
Maybe a solar panel? damn..
Good Luck.

[url=http://www.thehawkseye.com/]The Hawks Eye
Sacred Mushroom Spores

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Maintaining fruiting temps in winter [Re: MikeO]
    #374675 -

buy a heating blanket and wrap that around the terrarium.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Fruiting temp jonnygreenthumb 5,343 1 03/14/03 04:16 PM
by CockyMandrill
* fruiting temp problem.. MetaMountain 2,583 4 03/19/03 09:31 AM
by george castanza
* highest average fruiting temp? ElectricGnome 4,317 3 07/09/02 03:51 PM
by ElectricGnome
* Keeping Fruiting Temps Stable or Cooler? motamanM 3,492 3 01/22/03 05:42 PM
by motaman
* Fruiting Temp? Orikal 4,316 4 01/07/02 11:16 AM
by Humidity
* fruiting temps kslater 1,819 2 11/07/01 12:44 PM
by kslater
* Fruiting temp question CockyMandrill 1,673 6 02/02/03 11:16 AM
by CockyMandrill
* PES amazonian fruiting temp range? neoNihlist 10,908 2 06/22/01 09:14 AM
by MattyB

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
2,437 topic views. 17 members, 47 guests and 162 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.