Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Martha Questions
    #3741803 -

I did a quick search and didn't find anything relavent. Also haven't found answers in the Martha posts I have read. (I could have overlooked it)

1) What would the minimum spacing between shelves be and what is the max number of shelves that you could fit in a Martha? Also, what would you recommend the minimum distance off the floor be for the first shelf?

2) If your shelves are filled with cased containers is there a problem with the lower shelves not receiving enough light? (My Martha would be in a dark room with a flourescent light on top.)

3) What is the optimum size (personal preference) for casing containers in a Martha? And I mean finding a nice balance between having larger contianers to give larger yields (from what I have read) and smaller containers to control contams. Also wondering about using containers to maximize shelf space.

4) Not really important, but I gotta ask. :tongue: What is the largest yield you have gotten out of a Martha? Size and number of containers, number of shelves, strain, # of flushes, any other variables.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Martha Questions [Re: Smushroom]
    #3741988 -

Martha doesn't come with shelving so it's all up to you what shelving you want to use. I just picked up a mini greenhouse instead that is just like a martha but with shelves.

Not going to be a problem casings on bottom shelf with light, mushers don't even really need practically any light.

For casings just use aluminum baking trays somewhere around 13" inches in length, don't want to make them too big.

Yields all really depend on your grow experience, substrate, grow conditions, etc. you can't really just go and say how much yield you will get from a martha setup, but if it's done right i'm sure you could pull pounds.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Martha Questions [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3742013 -

Yeah, I know you have to build the shelving, I was wondering what everyone would recommend on spacing. Considering the height needed between shelves for growth of the average shroom and also taking into account you could sporadically produce a massively tall shroom, how much space should I give between the shelves.

Yeah, I know there are a huge amount of variables for how much can be produced. I also know there isn't any average yield. I will be no where near the maximum capacity when I grow, but I was just wondering what the more experienced members can pull out of a maximized Martha setup.

I didn't think the light would matter. I know they don't need much. Plants grow towards light, do shrooms? I mean if the space above them is blocked by other trays and the only light they get is reflected off the sides, will they only grow outward? Would this effect the pinning in the center of the shelves?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Martha Questions [Re: Smushroom]
    #3742730 -

Check this:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post3237648

The position of the shelves depends on what you're putting in there. If you setup closet shelves with chains it's pretty easy to adjust their height.


--------------------
Note: This post is entirely false. The author of this post is a delusional schizophrenic living in a fantasy world and the fantastical information within the post is a direct result of excess exposure to cable television.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Martha Questions [Re: wynzlo]
    #3742786 -

9-10 inches lets you have 5 shelves, the height is perfect. the bottom shelf is the lowest you can place it.


--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Need big help w. a shelf like grow system!!!! Visigoth 2,121 13 07/05/03 10:24 AM
by I_Stain_Blue
* Question on air exchange....
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 5,863 21 04/28/11 09:01 AM
by RogerRabbit
* Shelf system Anonymous 1,248 4 10/08/01 07:02 PM
by gusb232
* martha stewart rocks! pleezr 2,143 10 01/24/02 01:48 AM
by theseeker
* Help design NICE shelf unit grow structure dodder 1,100 2 06/26/02 09:36 PM
by Roadkill
* incubation Question!! Lapius 1,220 5 04/05/02 10:37 PM
by Roadkill
* Ultrasonic Humidifier Question? REDCONTROL 1,258 7 02/03/03 11:45 AM
by vaporbrains
* Martha Stewart, witch or god send???? RedCommyBasterd 911 6 12/23/02 04:08 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,286 topic views. 15 members, 32 guests and 185 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.