Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Portable Greenhouse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSmushroom
Avid Learner
Martha Questions
    #3741803 - 02/06/05 07:54 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I did a quick search and didn't find anything relavent. Also haven't found answers in the Martha posts I have read. (I could have overlooked it)

1) What would the minimum spacing between shelves be and what is the max number of shelves that you could fit in a Martha? Also, what would you recommend the minimum distance off the floor be for the first shelf?

2) If your shelves are filled with cased containers is there a problem with the lower shelves not receiving enough light? (My Martha would be in a dark room with a flourescent light on top.)

3) What is the optimum size (personal preference) for casing containers in a Martha? And I mean finding a nice balance between having larger contianers to give larger yields (from what I have read) and smaller containers to control contams. Also wondering about using containers to maximize shelf space.

4) Not really important, but I gotta ask. :tongue: What is the largest yield you have gotten out of a Martha? Size and number of containers, number of shelves, strain, # of flushes, any other variables.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: Martha Questions [Re: Smushroom]
    #3741988 - 02/06/05 08:34 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Martha doesn't come with shelving so it's all up to you what shelving you want to use. I just picked up a mini greenhouse instead that is just like a martha but with shelves.

Not going to be a problem casings on bottom shelf with light, mushers don't even really need practically any light.

For casings just use aluminum baking trays somewhere around 13" inches in length, don't want to make them too big.

Yields all really depend on your grow experience, substrate, grow conditions, etc. you can't really just go and say how much yield you will get from a martha setup, but if it's done right i'm sure you could pull pounds.

InvisibleSmushroom
Avid Learner
Re: Martha Questions [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3742013 - 02/06/05 08:41 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I know you have to build the shelving, I was wondering what everyone would recommend on spacing. Considering the height needed between shelves for growth of the average shroom and also taking into account you could sporadically produce a massively tall shroom, how much space should I give between the shelves.

Yeah, I know there are a huge amount of variables for how much can be produced. I also know there isn't any average yield. I will be no where near the maximum capacity when I grow, but I was just wondering what the more experienced members can pull out of a maximized Martha setup.

I didn't think the light would matter. I know they don't need much. Plants grow towards light, do shrooms? I mean if the space above them is blocked by other trays and the only light they get is reflected off the sides, will they only grow outward? Would this effect the pinning in the center of the shelves?

Invisiblewynzlo
Stranger

Loc: Toronto
Re: Martha Questions [Re: Smushroom]
    #3742730 - 02/06/05 11:19 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Check this:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post3237648

The position of the shelves depends on what you're putting in there. If you setup closet shelves with chains it's pretty easy to adjust their height.

--------------------
Note: This post is entirely false. The author of this post is a delusional schizophrenic living in a fantasy world and the fantastical information within the post is a direct result of excess exposure to cable television.

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
Re: Martha Questions [Re: wynzlo]
    #3742786 - 02/06/05 11:31 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

9-10 inches lets you have 5 shelves, the height is perfect. the bottom shelf is the lowest you can place it.

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Portable Greenhouse

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation