Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKenny7822
Kenny
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA, USA
4 grams of shrooms and no visuals
    #3697642 - 01/29/05 09:36 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Last night was my first time taking shrooms.

My friend brought me to a party at his friends house and that is where I took the shrooms. I didn't know anyone at first but I made sure I went around and talked to everyone first and got to know them a bit and also let them know I would be tripping on mushrooms tonight so they would know why I was acting weird. Everyone was really cool and nice and a lot of them were already tripping and those who weren't tripping were drinking and smoking weed.

Despite what everyone said about starting off at a low dose I decided to take a full 1/8 because I thought I could handle it. Well, I was right, I could handle it, in fact, I ended up taking another half gram because I wasn't seeing anything unusual. I put the shrooms on a sandwich and ate them that way and it wasn't that bad because I didn't taste the shrooms. My friends took some of the same mushrooms and they took half what I took and they were tripping hard but for some reason I wasn't seeing anything unusual.

About 3 hours later I decided I wasn't going to see anything so I took another half gram this time just right out of the bag and washed it down with some water. After that I smoked some weed because I thought it might help bring out the trip. It kind of did help, I was not seeing any visuals but for some reason I just wanted to burst out laughing at everything, I was so extremely happy but also very confused at the same time. People were telling me stuff and I was listening to them but I had no idea what they were saying I had to have them repeat what they said several times. I thought this was very funny that I was confused and I couldn't help but keep smiling.

Then these 3 girls tried talking to me all at once and they were asking me questions like where I go to school and stuff but I was so confused, I was like wait slow down, what did you just say haha. I had a hard time answering their questions but I managed. They were really cool about it though they were laughing along with me and they were really friendly.

Then some guys wanted to play Mario Kart so I played that with them. I was doing pretty good considering I was confused and all and I usually suck at Mario Kart but now I wasn't doing so bad. I had fun playing that and everyone was laughing and I could tell everyone was having fun and that made me really happy. The colors in Mario Kart were so cool, I wasn't seeing any visuals but the colors seemed to be enhanced or something.

Then some people at the party put on some cool music for me to listen to. First they put on some cool techno and then eminem. The techno was weird, I felt somehow attached to the music, it was just really cool.

Then I found out that my friend that was supposed to bring me home from the party got a flat tire but that's ok because the people there were really nice and they helped him change his tire and we were on our way home.

I would say it was a really positive experience even though I did not see any visuals or cool colors. I was really happy the whole time and the cool people at the party made things better.

I'm not sure why I didn't see any visuals; my friends took half what I took and were tripping hard, maybe I just have a high tolerance for shrooms or something like that. Sorry about the length of this but I just wanted to fit in as many details as possible.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: 4 grams of shrooms and no visuals [Re: Kenny7822]
    #3697646 - 01/29/05 09:37 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Visuals are a hit and miss affair I find. Sometimes I get them sometimes I dont.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Offlinesublimistri
Higher Than AKite
Male User Gallery

Loc: Forgotten
Re: 4 grams of shrooms and no visuals [Re: Hanky]
    #3697668 - 01/29/05 09:41 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Are you sure they were actives that you ate?

--------------------
Tradelist
My Ethnobotanical Garden
Cup Greenhouse Tek. Make small sturdy pots (With detachable grenhouse tops) with cups.

Your human friend will have to dose atropine uninformed, I will not spread information that may harm a cat. - Wiccan_Seeker

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
    #3697731 - 01/29/05 09:57 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

HAHA
Good times :cheers:

:peace:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3697734 - 01/29/05 09:57 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Tripping does not mean seeing visuals.

Visuals are like 1/100th of what a trip is about.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: 4 grams of shrooms and no visuals [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #3697744 - 01/29/05 10:00 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i got tired of reading about half way through but did you eat them on an empty stomach?

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
    #3697745 - 01/29/05 10:01 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

If you really want visuals, and I mean you really want massive fucking visuals. Take that same 4 grams again, but this time eat some passion flower with it. You can find it at just about any organic health food store.

You won't know what is reality or not.

OfflineKenny7822
Kenny
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 4 grams of shrooms and no visuals [Re: sublimistri]
    #3697761 - 01/29/05 10:09 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, they were actives that I ate because my friends took the same shrooms and they were tripping.

OfflineKenny7822
Kenny
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 4 grams of shrooms and no visuals [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3697764 - 01/29/05 10:11 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Well, I put the shrooms on a sandwich and ate them that way but other than the sandwich I didn't eat all day.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
    #3697772 - 01/29/05 10:16 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

hmmm... if you didnt eat anything all day then nevermind.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
    #3697855 - 01/29/05 10:40 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

sounds like you had a fun trip. i'm also very pro-visuals (who isn't) but they're very strain-dependent and sometimes you have to look for them, encourage them by closing your eyes in a dark place when you're peaking, about 1-2 hours after ingestion.

cambodians are very visual, as are psil cyans. don't suppose you know what strain were you munching on? oh, and excuse for for asking the extremely obvious - they were dry, right?

--------------------
buh

OfflineKenny7822
Kenny
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 4 grams of shrooms and no visuals [Re: shirley knott]
    #3697870 - 01/29/05 10:44 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not sure which strain they were but they were dry, they were ground up to a powder.

InvisibledeadHead321
Stranger

#3697872 - 01/29/05 10:45 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I enjoy the occasional trip with no visuals.

--------------------
"They call it a trip because it takes you places"
~TC

All i know is something like a bird within her sang/ All i know she sang a little while and then flew on/Tell me all that you know, i'll show you snow and rain.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #3697884 - 01/29/05 10:49 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I find that shrooms are not as visual as cid and I do enjoy visuals....

I must admit that although I dislike Salva it gave one of the most intense closed eyed visual experience of anything I've ever done!

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3697945 - 01/29/05 11:04 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

visuals are but the icing on the cake, a very good icing though, like rich chocolate cream cheese.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: 4 grams of shrooms and no visuals [Re: gdman]
    #3698073 - 01/29/05 11:32 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

hmm...don't know why you didn't have a more visual experience :shrug: 4 grams on an empty stomach would give me a freakin circus. possibly since it was your first time, you had expectations of what visuals would look like. the color enhancement is part of it, but next time, try closing your eyes in a dark place with some ambient music and just let them come to you. whenever i'm in an environment with distractions, like a party, or even outside where there's the world to look at, i don't notice visuals very much. don't get discouraged, just go for it again and clear your mind of expectations. it mostly has to do with environment, but some people just aren't succeptible to that part of tripping. you'll figure it out, keep on keepin on :mushroom2: peace

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
    #3698129 - 01/29/05 11:45 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Some people don't get visuals at all. I'm glad I don't have that afflicttion.
But apparently, by your description, you were most definitely tripping.
"felt somehow attached to the music" and "colors seemed to be enhaced or something".

Anyway, next time you do an 1/8th, do it in pitch blackness with headphones on.
Watch your eyelids as you listen to the techno you felt so attached to.
Smoke some nice sweet chronic before and after ingesting your shrooms in just liquid.
I think you'll have a clear view of the psychedelic mind candy then.

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TMâ„¢ :cool:

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Re: 4 grams of shrooms and no visuals [Re: shirley knott]
    #3698137 - 01/29/05 11:47 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

shirley knott said:
sounds like you had a fun trip. i'm also very pro-visuals (who isn't

i am, i love headtrips.
peace ohm :mushroom2:

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

OfflineKenny7822
Kenny
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 4 grams of shrooms and no visuals [Re: Hendostan]
    #3698837 - 01/29/05 03:01 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I think you are right, my expectations may have been too high. I was expecting to see colors flying around, walls melting and floors rippling as I step on them. Next time I'll keep my expectations low and maybe I'll see a lot more.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3699125 - 01/29/05 04:48 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Every trip is different. Your first trip seems to be more of a fun confused mindfuck, while your next one may be a visual orgy of colors. Mushrooms are much more variable than weed or alcohol, as you'll probably find.

As for the passionflower suggestion, syrian rue is much cheaper and more effective. Less than a couple dollars an ounce I believe, and even just 3.5 grams or so of syrian rue with 4 grams of mushrooms would be a good enhancement of the trip, but you'll also have dietary and other drugs restrictions if you decide to take that path.

Did you try smoking a bowl of weed after you ate the mushrooms? That may have helped with the trip.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract