Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblelearning_byte
click here
 User Gallery

About Mimosa
    #3692037 - 01/28/05 01:24 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Well, because of pictures and the regions of this plant, I was wondering, if this is the same plant that my chilhood memories bring.

In South America, when I was growing up, there was this funny plant, that grows all over the place, looks like the pics that i seen online. But the funny things i s that this plant when you touch it, its leaves they would retract, instantly, now you people that are used to plants, is that something common with the mimosa hostilis plant?.

Edited by learning_byte (01/28/05 02:05 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: About Mimosa [Re: learning_byte]
    #3692102 - 01/28/05 01:53 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

mimosa pudica.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Invisiblekoppie
astral projectile
Male

Loc: cloud hidden
    #3692114 - 01/28/05 01:57 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I believe the plant you're referring to is Mimosa Pudica, which is as far as I can tell (from a quick web search) not active, but it is related to Mimosa Hostilis (the one containing DMT), hence the similar name and appearance.

Invisiblelearning_byte
click here
 User Gallery

Re: About Mimosa [Re: koppie]
    #3692137 - 01/28/05 02:08 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yeah, thanks for the fast reply, now my question is, does the mimosa hostilis have the same growing enviroment as this other one?

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #3692144 - 01/28/05 02:12 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Most Mimosa's need similar conditions, but Pudica is a "houseplant" and much easier to care for then M.Hostilis.

Anyone have any tips on getting some little M.hostilis plants going???
(I am about to try using some vitamin B enhanced water and a simple little airstone, meanwhile, I am still waiting for my planted seeds to sprout, is it just me , or is M.hostilis hard to sprout??

--------------------

Invisiblelearning_byte
click here
 User Gallery

#3692166 - 01/28/05 02:22 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I see, i didnt mean the condition to grow, i meant conditions in the wild.
In the other hand Acacias, I probably sound mad dumb, but only some subspecies are the ones with Dmt or are all acacias carriers of Dmt. There was this neighborhood call "las acacias" where i used to live, because the presence of this plant. Me i dont know how it looks, or i dont remember but i wonder if that is the same dmt plant.

Hope it is so all my crazy homeboys gets their hand on it.

--------------------

Edited by learning_byte (01/28/05 02:44 AM)

Invisiblekoppie
astral projectile
Male

Loc: cloud hidden
Re: About Mimosa [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3692248 - 01/28/05 02:56 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

They're very easy to sprout if you treat them with hot water, See this post.

This method worked great for me. Most seeds sprouted in days. (sadly all my seedlings died in the next month, even with a pea inoculant, so I have no tips on keeping them alive)

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: About Mimosa [Re: koppie]
    #3692278 - 01/28/05 03:14 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I tried that :frown: (along with other methods.....hot water, and scratch, just scratch etc etc)

Anyway, I havent given up.

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #3693564 - 01/28/05 12:59 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

no. in the nature, mimosa hostilis grows in the brazilian northeast, mimosa pudica grows far southwards from the mimosa hostilis range.
where did you grow btw?

FH

Invisiblelearning_byte
click here
 User Gallery

Re: About Mimosa [Re: felixhigh]
    #3693681 - 01/28/05 01:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I grew up in Guayaquil. (that is in Ecuador, btw.

so my question now is, does all acacias plant contain DMT, or just the species mentioned on Erowid. Also I remember that there was a plant really similar to the mimosa pudica, but the plant is larger and its leave wont retreat, I know it could be something else, but i got my friends down there taking pics. Shit I need to go to Ecuador, i fucking miss it. Galapagos Island is the shit, omg, its like you are inside a dream, animals are not scared of humans.

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

#3693720 - 01/28/05 01:52 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

how cool, Ecuador!
you might look into erowids acacias but in the practice, i believe mimosa hostilis is the best source of dmt.
it doesn't grows in Ecuador that i know, but i'm pretty sure one can find a LOT of other interesting plants there.
if the case is to find a dmt source, i'm sure there are psychotria species in ecuador but plant identification is something very serious, so you and your friends should be very careful with it. perhaps there is also wild chaliponga and caapi there.
i wish i could go to ecuador... perhaps when i go to peru i'll stretch my trip a little bit... =b~~
i bet you guys do have a LOT of cactus there don't you? :wink:

FH

Invisiblelearning_byte
click here
 User Gallery

#3693811 - 01/28/05 02:22 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yeah, Lotsa cactus, San pedro is the mainly one, the original culture is still not lost at all, so shamans and brujos and brujas are very common, even in the big cities. Ritual of tribes are still present nowadays, ayahuasca. But i was ask9ing more of the proximicity of the city i was that is more the coast.

When you listen teh stories that older people tell you, regular ears wont believe them, I have heard so many crazy things, see so many crazy shit.

my grandma did "limpias" and the smell of ruda and some other plants are very vivid for me, people think "voodoo" or how they call it is totally bullshit, but the energy work have been always present.

I never got a chance to go to Peru, definitely i have to go.

--------------------

Offlineagr8fulchick
Feed Your Head!

Loc: Stranded in Iowa
    #3694073 - 01/28/05 03:36 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I know what you're talking about, as this plant grows all over in Australia as well. I'm assuming that you're talking about the big bushy plant, which is actually the 'Giant Sensitive Plant Mimosa diplotricha = Mimosa invisa.

http://www.nrm.qld.gov.au/factsheets/pdf/pest/PP27.pdf

Mimosa pudica is the smaller houseplant version, and grows well if kept humid and trimmed (so it doesn't get too leggy).

http://www.plantoftheweek.org/week147.shtml

Both are cool plants, and both have the folding leaves when you touch them :smile:

Yeah plant nerds!  :heart: :sun: :heart:

--------------------
Life's a journey. Take the scenic route.

:sun: :heart: :heart: :sun:

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: About Mimosa [Re: agr8fulchick]
    #3694112 - 01/28/05 03:49 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Not all mimosas have dmt. There is the common silk tree that has none. Pudicas are rumored to have some but it must be very low. I have a few mimosa hostilis seedlings growing. I'll probably trade them later on. It's a long term project to get dmt from them. It takes years and then yo harvest 1/4 the roots, let them sit a year, harvest another 1/4 and keep doing it forever.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

#3694226 - 01/28/05 04:32 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

it's very good to know the traditions are kept in ecuador!
at the same time they're destroyed all over by cultural imperialism, it seems the latin american people do still have a certain commitment with their roots.
you must have a lot of good stories to tell.
entonces, tu abuela es (fue?) una bruja? =)

FH

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#3695131 - 01/28/05 07:14 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

it's very good to know the traditions are kept in ecuador!
at the same time they're destroyed all over by cultural imperialism, it seems the latin american people do still have a certain commitment with their roots.
you must have a lot of good stories to tell.
entonces, tu abuela es (fue?) una bruja? =)

:thumbup: :heart: :thumbup: :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Re: About Mimosa [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3695283 - 01/28/05 07:50 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

haha, yours i know she is, psilo! :wink:

FH

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#3695404 - 01/28/05 08:21 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

:tongue:

--------------------

Invisiblelearning_byte
click here
 User Gallery

#3696652 - 01/29/05 02:49 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Not in to the whole practice thing, but i know she did have her knowledge. Tarots and occultism books were always in the shell, an old ass Ouija board was hidden in a not too hard place to find. They say it runs in the family. Intuition is kind of accentuated in me. Too many correct guesses everyday and stuff like that have been happening since childhood.

About the traditions they are getting lost with time and is only there for a minimum numbers of persons. But you can still find spots where Shamans and different kinds of brujos still practice their thing. That is without counting the practice by the African descendants which i know it has a rich culture of the occultism and energy work, which is kept in the low in their community.

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

#3696763 - 01/29/05 03:20 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i didn't know there was religious syncretism, regarding the ecuatorian african decendents! here in brazil it's very strong too (stronger than the indian's traditions), i think this is the straight 'voodoo', many people (of all colors and all social classes) make use of 'voodoo services'...
here some communities of mestizos of the northeast still use mimoas hostilis in their rites, i wonder which african plant they might be 'emulating'! iboga? perhaps, perhaps......
do they take ayahuasca/san pedro in ecuador?

FH

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder