Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Magic Crystal grow log. [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3595769 -

UPDATE
JAN 7th 2005


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Crystal grow log. [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3600652 -






This Magic crystal plant looks ok in this pic, but it now has one small redish rust spot on one of its broad leaves.

While the other Magic Crystal is worse, it has the rust on one side, and on the other it has a dark area , that just today started to look change colour... its going rusty orange, with yellow.  :confused:

Oh well, I just have to keep them alive until I get paid, then with the nematodes, advanced nutes,a better light, and a proper soil mix, I will turn this grow around.

If I can do this outdoors, I should be able to pull of a grow indoors.



--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (01/08/05 09:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Crystal grow log. [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3600672 -

I've flicked over your grow log threads and have to ask,are you PH correcting your water?


--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Crystal grow log. [Re: Hanky]
    #3600727 -

No :nonono:

And I realize that my whole problem could be PH, but I am stuck right now(so little $$$)

I assume by using that cheap soil mix I might have seriously fucked up the PH, but at the time I thought, I just need to start the plants in this, by the time they are growing for a couple of weeks my tax return will arrive.
WRONG. :frown:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Crystal grow log. [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3605513 -

Just get a cheap indicator soulution/vial type PH test kit.

They are cheaper than chips,an aquarium type test kit is fine.

Dont us aquarium type PH down though,use citric acid (no sodium salts).

Should set you back less than $10.

Also,using an indicator soloution is far more accurate than an expensive PH meter as chemistry never lies.

Leave your water in an open container over night to assist the evapouration of chlorine aswell.

Add ph Down (i'd be surprised if you need to raise PH) in minute quantites untill you reach the desiered PH level. Dont throw in spoon fulls of up and down trying to get the right level.

If you're using any form of nutes then add the nutes before you adjust PH.


--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Crystal grow log. [Re: Hanky]
    #3635457 -

Thanks Hanky (I just read that now)  :laugh: :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Crystal grow log. [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3635570 -

it would be quite odd for a pH problem to show up this early, but you should check as it is very cheap.
also your soil should have enough nuts. in it for the first few weeks.

and unless you have crazy water with many minerals in it or softener in it, normal tap water won't mess up a plant this fast.


i can tell from looking at the pics that you can bring the plants closer to the light source. they have already stretched a little too much.

and you should look at this run as a test and you should start a new batch when you get a HID. once you start paying for a big light you will want to be as efficient as possible and starting with messed up plants will be counterproductive. use this grow to get your watering down.

don't waste your money on nematodes, and expensive ferts., or fancy dirt, spend the majority of your money on a great light.

and i can't see the rust you speak of, a pic of just that might lend some more answers.


peace good luck

Edited by zerozero (01/16/05 04:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Crystal grow log. [Re: zerozero]
    #3635622 -

I am going to "waste" my money on nematodes(as I NEED them, and they are good to have anyway.......and when I get enough money I am going to buy some fancy nutes)

But this week , I am picking up a couple things to make a better soil mix , and a 400watt HPS system.

Within a week. :yesnod:

I will keep you posted :wink:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Crystal grow log. [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3635664 -

dang man you are very persistent, for a noob grower, with little plants and all..
what do you need nematodes for?? and they don't stay viable for long periods of time so it's best to buy when you need it. and there are organic options to nematodes that are cheaper and better, but since you know, i won't even go into it.

and i wish i could waste my money on advanced nuts,
but i was just saying you should concentrate your first investments on your light system, since that is the biggest portion of you expenses, and the on that can burn your house down if you go cheap.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Crystal grow log. [Re: zerozero]
    #3635712 -

"dang man you are very persistent, for a noob grower, with little plants and all.." :?:


"what do you need nematodes for??"

To kill the fungas gnats, and improve overall soil quality.

"and they don't stay viable for long periods of time so it's best to buy when you need it."

Well bro, nows the time :yesnod:

"and there are organic options to nematodes that are cheaper and better, but since you know, i won't even go into it."

Well I have tried the neem oil, and while it did control, and almost eliminate the problem, its time to call in the worms.

"i wish i could waste my money on advanced nuts"
I dont need to waste money, I have a pair of those, :wink:  , but as for nutes , I cant wait to get some of these things.

Personally the idea of fungi and bacteria working with my plants sounds damn good, and after reading this article it sounds even better....

Check it out... http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/1471

Thats why I want the a healthy biological soil.

"but i was just saying you should concentrate your first investments on your light system, since that is the biggest portion of you expenses, and the on that can burn your house down if you go cheap."

I tottally agree, (dont take my other post the wrong way) ... BUT, I plan to buy a couple of things(simple things like Bat shit, seaweed,worm castings(and a new bag of perlite) the same day I buy my light. :wink:

The only thing I am trying to get a deal on is the reflector, because the hydro shop isnt going to giv me a nice one with my kit, so I am looking for a used one(or one from a friend etc)


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Crystal grow log. [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3635785 -

if you want to kill fungi gnats use Diatomacious Earth> best thing to control and to eliminate bugs. also it's safe.

and if you want a proper grow light and your not buying twenty of them you might want a grow light with a quality reflector, because you are paying for the loss of light with bud, and money.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Crystal grow log. [Re: zerozero]
    #3635969 -

"and if you want a proper grow light and your not buying twenty of them you might want a grow light with a quality reflector, because you are paying for the loss of light with bud, and money."

Well of course I want a good one.

But I dont want a reflector that costs 100's of $, and I dont need one that expensive right now. (its my first indoor......plus its winter)

I would like a vented hood conected to a inline fan (one day... but for now thats a dream)


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Crystal grow log. [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3635991 -

reflectors don't cost hundreds of dollars, but decent grow lights( bulb, ballast, and reflector ) do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Crystal grow log. [Re: zerozero]
    #3636218 -

Well for 135$ I can get a light and ballast.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Crystal grow log. [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3636225 -

with a bulb? how big? gotta link.?
that sounds like a cheap piece of crap.
might not burn your house down.?.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Crystal grow log. [Re: zerozero]
    #3636248 -

Its not a cheap piece of crap.

I live in a town with more hydro stores then hardware stores :wink:

I am sure it will be fine.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Crystal grow log. [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3636267 -

good for you . :rolleyes:
but good bulbs cost 60-80 dollars, but i'm sure you'll be fine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Crystal grow log. [Re: zerozero]
    #3636421 -

Man, relax.

I didnt get pissed, and not once did I act like a little girl and do this :rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice, but you dont have to be a little girl about this.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Crystal grow log. [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3636489 -

what the hell are you talkin about. ??
i gave you an eye roll cause you said you live in a town with more hydro stores than hardware stores.
i think you need to relax, and why would you get pissed,? all i've done is try to inform you.
way to start name callin in the ethno forum. :rolleyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Crystal grow log. [Re: zerozero]
    #3636556 -

Well I'm not angry..............I thought you were.  :smile:

And my town has about 3 times more hydro stores then hardware store.

I live in the Lower Maindland of BC, I didnt think a good deal on lights would = shit quality.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* MJ grow log.
( 1 2 all )
cdchriscd 3,934 23 07/01/03 02:05 PM
by comario2
* Salvia Grow log - Started 11/29/02 Anonymous 1,782 5 12/06/02 02:37 PM
by Anonymous
* Ethno's you all grow? bluelou 3,720 19 04/15/03 08:13 PM
by jojoba
* Indian hemp grow log (with pics to come) Meph 849 1 11/20/02 02:58 PM
by Meph
* Friend's cat wants to grow some pot ShroomSkin 1,234 6 09/04/02 01:03 PM
by blahblahblah
* 400w HPS vs 1000w HPS TODAY 3,815 17 10/11/07 05:31 PM
by YidakiMan
* 2 UFO LED 90W or one 1000W HPS? ethnoguy 1,551 9 02/20/09 02:12 AM
by durban_poison
* 400w in 1000w mh? rubixcubies 901 2 10/29/06 02:22 PM
by CaptainKirk

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
5,059 topic views. 0 members, 4 guests and 15 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.