Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
ATTN: SHROOMERITES> A MESSAGE FROM MJSHROOMER
    #360087 - 07/24/01 02:14 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Well I hope Thor allows me to post this message in three forums here so all will be aware of my situation.

Some asshole, that is, someone who is also versed in Espanol (Spanish for those idiots who do not know), keeps sending me email attachements with virus' and similar messages, sometimes in English and other times in Spanish.

I have politely asked this person to stop sending me these photo or text attachments because when I scan with Norton they have, everyone of the ten to 15 or so emails I have gotten in the last four days, had a virus warning on the attachements So then I block the sender and I get one later the same day or the next day two or three appear in my email box under a different name. Sometimes in Spanish and other times in English.

Since the person continues to send them, and he sometimes sends them with no return address for which I have no way to block them,. I can no longer accept any email from anyone with an attachement attached to it. If one comes I will automatically block the sender and continue to do so.

I have recorded all of the email addresses and the ones without a return but the name of the sender and have turned them over to the district attorneys office here in Seattle.

This does not hurt me but it will hurt the postings of new information sent to me by scholars and other professional mycologists who I am in constant contact with.

So to whoever is doing this shit, fuck you.

And to the rest of the others who have nothing to do with this shit , be shroomy and enjjoy life,

Mjshroomer

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCLuB99
lost somewhere in time and space
Male User Gallery

Loc: my mind
Re: ATTN: SHROOMERITES> A MESSAGE FROM MJSHROOMER [Re: mjshroomer]
    #360122 - 07/24/01 03:41 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Dear MJ,
The problem you're talking about is a new virus that send an email with a random document attached from your PC with the extension changed (i.e. .lnk instead of .exe) to all entries in the address book.
I can tell you....no one is doing that intencionally, here, at my jobplace every day we get emails with that problem since a week or so. I too got that virus (eliminated now).
The virus was created here in mexico but a new variant (in english) as been compiled.
This cocksucker is infecting all the world.....
BTW the virus is called "SIRCAM" and here you have how to remove it (in spanish).
Eliminando el Sircam:

En principio debera restaurar la configuracion de su sistema a traves de los registros del mismo.

Si usted esta conectado a una red remueva la conexion fisica a la misma, retire el conector de su placa de red..
Renombre REGEDIT.EXE a REGEDIT.COM.
Clickee Inicio|Ejecutar, escriba Regedit y presione la tecla enter\
En la seccion izquierda, realize el siguiente camino:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\
CurrentVersion\RunServices.
En el panel derecho, busque un registro con valor Driver32.
Clickee en el y presione la tecla delete.
En la seccion izquierda, siga el siguiente camino:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SirCam.
Clickee SirCam y presione la tecla Delete(borrar).
En la seccion izquierda, siga el siguiente camino:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command
En la seccion Izquierda, hagla click derecho en el valor de este registro y eliga modificar.
Cambie?C:\Recycled\SirC32.exe??%1?%*? a ?%1?%*?. En otras palabras remueva ?C:\Recycled\SirC32.exe?.
Salga del administrador de registris y reinicie el equipo.
Remueva los rastros del Gusano\:
Vaya al directorio del sistema(usualmente: C:\Windows\system).
Borre el archivo SCAM32.EXE .
Vaya al directorio C:\Recycled .
Borre el archivo SCAM32.EXE .
Remueva la referencia al virus del AutoExec.bat
Edite el archivo AUTOEXEC.BAT.
Busque y quite el ?@win \recycled\Sirc32.exe?

The above description works for win95-98
Lookslike it doesn't infect win2000 based pc.
But i'll check it anyway...

Btw, please look at my post in the pic forum or the mushhunt one, i finally posted the pics of that supposed muliercula.

IL_FUNGO_SACRO la coltivazione, gli enteogeni, in italiano
Support the FSR

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Identifier
    #360435 - 07/24/01 11:52 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Its a worm MJ, the files are mailing themselves. Its not someone out to get you personally. Look, I even got it myself.

The file
C:\Program Files\SW Email\Attachments\WEDINDOC.PIF
was infected with the W32.Sircam.Worm@mm virus.
The file was deleted.

Norton's Antivirus got that bugger.

Here is a bit of info regarding your pesky worm taken from the Symantec website.
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sircam.worm@mm.html

Due to an increased rate of virus submissions, The Symantec AntiVirus Research Center (SARC) has upgraded W32.Sircam.Worm@mm from a level 3 to a level 4 virus threat.

W32.Sircam.Worm@mm contains its own SMTP engine, and propagates in a manner similar to the W32.Magistr.Worm.
Due to what appears to be a bug, this worm does not replicate under Windows NT or 2000

The worm appends a random document from the infected PC to itself and sends this new file via email

Subject: The subject of the email will be random, and will be the same as the file name of the email attachment.

Attachment: The attachment is a file taken from the sender's computer and will have the extension .bat, .com, .lnk or .pif added to it.

Message: The message body will be semi-random, but will always contain one of the following two lines (either English or Spanish) as the first and last sentences of the message.

Spanish Version:
First line: Hola como estas ?
Last line: Nos vemos pronto, gracias.

English Version:
First line: Hi! How are you?
Last line: See you later. Thanks

The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#360650 - 07/25/01 10:40 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags