Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Paul Stamets, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShroominator

Loc: Earth
Non-psilocybes
    #357546 - 07/20/01 01:44 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well today was Spanky's judgment day. It was bound to come sooner or later, but his parents found out about his little 'summer side project'. It's been pretty crazy lately.

My question is, are there any types of mushroom which grow a LOT like a psilocybe, but contain no controled substances? He really wants to stay in the myco-scene, but really can't grow the sacred mushroom.

Are there any mushrooms which need the same care as most cubensis'?

He was pretty dissapointed that his parents took his whole dried stash after he had only tripped once.

"This delightful and singular state... This acuteness of thought, this enthusiasm of the senses and the spirit must have appeared to man through the ages as the first blessing."

--------------------
"This delightful and singular state... This acuteness of thought, this enthusiasm of the senses and the spirit must have appeared to man through the ages as the first blessing."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Non-psilocybes [Re: Shroominator]
    #357568 - 07/20/01 02:12 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry to hear that.
Some varieties of oysters are nor so hard to grow indoors on straw or supplementd woodchips,(preferably look for an warm fruiting strain), agaricus bisporus has also been fruited on cased rye(but needs a cooler enviroment),also lions mane.
If you want to do so you will need a good book, preferably The Mushroom Cultivator from Pauls Stamets.

---------------------------------------
kickme.to/mushrooms

OfflineMattyB
enthusiast
Re: Non-psilocybes [Re: Shroominator]
    #357662 - 07/19/01 10:38 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

That's too bad. Give psilocybes another try when you're not living at home anymore. I'm taking my first foray into non-psilocybe growing with oyster mushrooms when I receive the culture, so why not give those a try? Also, you should post this in the gourmet and edible mushrooms forum...you'll get better responses.

OfflineShroominator

Loc: Earth
Re: Non-psilocybes [Re: Anno]
    #357752 - 07/20/01 01:56 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I've already got "The Mushroom Cultivator". I'll probably give oysters a try soon...thanks for the info. I'll re-post this under the gourmet mushrooms topic later tonight.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Paul Stamets, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation