Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
My faith in humanity took a hit today
    #3552431 -

I was watching MSNBC a few minutes ago. They were covering the tsunami disaster in Asia. They had a reporter in a tourist area of one of the countries that was hit. He was talking about how the two closest blocks to the beach were completely devastated. Then he was talking about how the blocks that were not destroyed still had a lot of tourists partying and having fun. How the hell could you party while there is such death and destruction only a couple hundred feet from you? Disgusting.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My faith in humanity took a hit today [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #3552512 -

They are partying because they are alive. Although it seems terrible, they had cheated death in a huge way, and are celebrating.

They are in a foreign country (tourists) and probably don't have any clue how to help out with the situation. I believe I would do the same. There isn't much that you could do in that situation.

I think I'd party if my life was luckily spared from a natural catastrophe. I dunno, maybe I'm selfish, but I would.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My faith in humanity took a hit today [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #3552546 -

some people only care about themselves or only know how to put their heads into the [volleyball court] sand.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My faith in humanity took a hit today [Re: Vvellum]
    #3552591 -

we live in a country that kills thousands and thousands of innocent people every year for no reason at all (the drug war). If you think thats a blow to your faith in humanity look at pictures of the children were dropping pesticides and insecticides on every day in countries like cuba, all in hopes of destroying a coco farm the may or may not be there.

Sad to see how far the human race has come just to fail, however I have faith that harmony will be restored to the planet eventually.


--------------------
The land of the free on paper looks great!



here I stand head in hand turn my face to the wall

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My faith in humanity took a hit today [Re: infamous]
    #3552664 -

Once I become supreme overlord alll will be good...


--------------------
We Can't Stop Here, This Is Bat Country

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My faith in humanity took a hit today [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #3552927 -

hey, look at it this way, the tourists are pumping money into an economy that REALLY needs it.

anyone whose ever passed a bum on the street on the way to a bar/liquor store/dealer's house and not given him money is a hypocrite.


--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My faith in humanity took a hit today [Re: MrBump]
    #3552984 -

Never EVER go downtown (in an area with lots of homeless) while on E.

I was once rolling (on 3 pills) and was downtown. I walked past a bumb and ended up giving my entire wallet contents ($80, and a monthly bus pass) just because he was asking "So sadly like"...


--------------------
We Can't Stop Here, This Is Bat Country

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My faith in humanity took a hit today [Re: Shroom_Herder]
    #3553131 -

thanks, i'll keep that in mind  :grin:


--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My faith in humanity took a hit today [Re: Shroom_Herder]
    #3553272 -

Quote:
Shroom_Herder said:I was once rolling (on 3 pills) and was downtown. I walked past a bumb and ended up giving my entire wallet contents ($80, and a monthly bus pass) just because he was asking "So sadly like"...



That's priceless!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My faith in humanity took a hit today [Re: nonoman]
    #3553673 -

No, it cost $80 bucks and a bus pass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Lost all Hope and Faith in the Human Race
( 1 2 all )
JettaJay 4,118 30 11/05/04 11:53 AM
by Phishgrrl
* I hit a deer
( 1 2 all )
iloveraving 4,474 22 07/09/12 10:05 AM
by Maverick
* I played 'tourist' last night ToTheSummit 877 11 06/18/05 03:40 PM
by PaulAtreides
* Sittin' downtown at a railway station Ravus 636 1 06/01/04 05:26 PM
by Ravus
* Disaster at sea: global warming hits UK birds ekomstop 2,081 18 08/02/04 11:52 AM
by MyInsanityTrip
* War on Drugs. War on Humanity. MXNR 1,350 5 08/23/04 12:40 AM
by SmokeyMcpot
* Best place to spend an evening in downtown Vancouver? ToTheSummit 750 5 09/19/05 04:39 PM
by jvosh1
* Dwarf Human like remains discovered in Indonesia
( 1 2 all )
Le_Soleil 3,404 39 09/02/17 08:06 PM
by Canadian Jesus

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,240 topic views. 4 members, 11 guests and 84 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.