Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Smoking bananas [Re: Signo]
    #3553242 - 12/28/04 03:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Signo said:
A mod should lock this thread, there shouldn't even be any debate, I think it went from a joke to an open thread for misinformation.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepod3
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Smoking bananas [Re: dblaney]
    #3553299 - 12/28/04 03:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I can't deny what I haven't tried. I always know of someone who has done something...

Some history of the rumor is here. The strychnine is hinted at, even B.S.'ed, but it is my assumption that it was just a kind of strychnine, which was only applied weakly to the outside. http://www.sniggle.net/banana.php

To yahoo "banana peel fungicide" will turn up many more chemicals you may not want to ingest.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Smoking bananas [Re: Signo]
    #3553558 - 12/28/04 04:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

>>A mod should lock this thread, there shouldn't even be any debate, I think it went from a joke to an open thread for misinformation.

I was thinking the exact same thing. A mod really should lock this thread. Then i scrolled down and saw you pointed it out, nearly at the same time i read it i thought to lock it.

And now for some quick settings straight. Banana's don't contain tryptamines, but it does contain indole compounds (which include some plant hormones (like auxin IAA)).

The dopamine in the plant as well as the serotonin will not pass the blood brain barrier. The Dopa will but there's not that much, you won't get a "buzz" off dopa or injections of dopamine directly into the brain. Too much dopamine mimics symptoms of schizophrenia, just as any over medicated parkinson's disease patient.

The stuff about strychnine i'm not sure if it was meant ot be funny or true, but none the less, it's neither.

I'm also surprised, yet also afraid to mention, nobody talked about the infamous bannadine, the chemical that gets you high in bananas (also total bullshit).

Many of the compounds that people claim will get you high in the peels are also in the fruits themselves.

I don't really know where else to go with this, as presenting the truth involves also perhaps going further back to provide background education i don't feel like giving.

Quick answer, no you can't smoke banana peels or really get high off bananas.

However if you'd like some help falling asleep, it contains tryptophan, a banana and a glass of warm milk would probably be a good way to fall asleep on a restless night.

Done and done.
If you have complaints about this PM me.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom