Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Herb Grinder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineA0999
Disco ish
 User Gallery

Loc: TEXUS
smoking pod putty
    #2603752 - 04/26/04 07:07 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

so im making some putty and stiring stuff in the pot and some of the thin layer on top sticks to the fork. i decide i want to smoke it so i dry it up with my lighter and stick in a vaporiser then getsta smokin. i got about 5 good hits, this stuff is hard to smoke by the way. im feeling a little buz/high. anyway. is this stuff smokalbe? how much would i have to end up smiking to get the o effects? am i better off just eating the stuff?

i kinda feel stoned, but in good way.

--------------------
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
Re: smoking pod putty [Re: A0999]
    #2605794 - 04/27/04 11:03 AM (13 years, 30 days ago)

Could you do an extraction with denatured alcohol, then take the dried extract and suspend it in some vinegar, then filter it a few times, afterwards defattening it with a non-polar solvent, and then cooking that down and smoke it? Also would baking soda work to basify opiate alkaloids?

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Invisibleplura16
ROM3/10 SOLID

Loc: U.S.A.
Re: smoking pod putty [Re: A0999]
    #2610569 - 04/28/04 07:40 AM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Someone thinks pod putty is very smokable, and smokes it often. If your going to set out looking to smoke it, when your reducing to make the putty, reduce slightly longer, and keep to the open air.

It may not get you high per se, but it makes for some good bowl sprinkle, and it tastes great.(this will depend of course, on many factors, including your tastebuds)

Dried out putty from the stem and knob batches is slightly lighter, and tastes better when smoked, than with straight pod putty.

Quote:

Could you do an extraction with denatured alcohol, ...

If you mean trying the extraction on the putty, it wont work.... the putty is only polar soluable at this time. ( at least from someones personal experiments )

peace

--------------------

- USA -

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: smoking pod putty [Re: plura16]
    #2610579 - 04/28/04 07:54 AM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Ethanol is a polar solvent

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
    #2612932 - 04/28/04 09:06 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

The idea of using that, which like Zeta says, is a polar solvent, is that you could get all of the goods out with less heat. Then disolve the extract in as small of an amount of hot vinegar as possible to make it easier to work with. Then filter that and defatten it with some naptha or xelene(not sure on that spelling) Then cook it down. If putty is at all smokable then a slightly refined product should be more so.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Invisibleplura16
ROM3/10 SOLID

Loc: U.S.A.
Re: smoking pod putty [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #2614494 - 04/29/04 03:34 AM (13 years, 29 days ago)

-- your both right. sorry!....

apparently someone was slightly somewhere else when posting their comments on enjoying smoked, dried putty. of course ethanol is polar.

anyhow -- the comments derived from the fact -- that one day someone saw someone posting a thread about infusing tobacco with other nice items. well -- sometime after that thread -- someone decided they would make some dried putty liquid to spray onto some common rolling tobacco. (bali shag)

some way dried putty was just tossed into the spice grinder, and turned to dust. then just dissolved back into a tiny amount of water(was pretty thick and concentrated), then dribbled all over the tobacco hardcore. ended up also mixing in amounts of flaked catnip, chopped blue lotus, and a little bit of commercial. something else went in too but cant remember.

makes for a nice smoke, placebo or not -- someone gets off on smoked putty. very pleasant.

-------
putty is smokable -- and once again the taste is tight -- if you were to just refine it down to the alkaloids, the sugars, and plant matter would be gone, and the taste would change...

if you want purity, dont even bother reducing to putty.

if theres misinformation in this post as well -- sorry -- im off again....
peace

--------------------

- USA -

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
    #2615481 - 04/29/04 11:54 AM (13 years, 28 days ago)

I wish I was off too man, but I have finals coming up and a court date for the materials for being off. Have fun :spliff:

--------------------
-Stephen Hawking

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Herb Grinder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden