Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGrimace
enthusiast
Loc: Oregon
Advice for Oregon Coast
    #346414 - 06/22/01 12:53 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I live in NW oregon, like 40 miles from the coast. I here that the Astoria area is a great place for hunting. Anyone know when a good time to go looking is? I have never hunted for shrooms before and I don't trust my knowlege enough to actually eat ones that I find, but I thought looking for them would be fun in itself. Any know much about this area?

"Is there anyway of knowing........which direction we are going?!! Yes!"
Mr. Wonka

--------------------
Mr. Wonka

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYew4Ea
journeywoman

Loc: Oregon, USA
Re: Advice for Oregon Coast [Re: Grimace]
    #346441 - 06/22/01 01:28 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hey, I live in Portland and plan on hunting this summer. I have done a little research but have never hunted before. If you want to combine efforts and hunt I hear that mid to late August is the best time to start.

--------------------
In love and light, Blessed Be.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #346607 - 06/22/01 10:14 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hi, Liberty caps start fruiting in pastures but not from manure in or around the end of August through December depending on the cold weather and the emeinent freeze.

Psilocybe azurescens which grows along the ORegon Coastal regions in sandy soils near and in dune areas do not begin to appear until the last week of October into November and also last until the frost comes.

P. pelliculosas appear in clearcuts in logging sides in Western Oregon in the middle to late October tho December until the freeze.

P. stuntzii in Oregon appears in new well manicured lawns (from 6 months to 3-years-old at condos, apartment complexes and new restaurants after rainy periods from July onward, more common in the Puget Sound region but as far south as Eugene, Oregon. Inthe latter fall, OCtober-December they appear in wood chip mulch along with P. baeocystis and P. cyanescens in quantities of mass proportions.

P. baeocystis also grows in lawns, sometimes in and around P. stuntzii.

So if you want serious oregon mushrooms you will seriously have to wait until Mid-August to collect anything substantial.

In the meantime, \
Have a shroomy day,

mj

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.

Offlinepsilocybian
enthusiast
Re: Advice for Oregon Coast [Re: mjshroomer]
    #346650 - 06/22/01 11:42 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Man I wish I lived in the Pacific NW!

OfflineGrimace
enthusiast
Loc: Oregon
Re: Advice for Oregon Coast [Re: psilocybian]
    #346843 - 06/22/01 05:59 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the advice mjshroomer. That really help a lot. That will give me some time to study up on these species and the dangerous ones as well. Looking forward to it.

Yew4Ea, that sounds like a good idea. I live in Corvallis. Maybe we can hook up in August and do some hunting. I'll keep in touch.

Grim

Mr. Wonka

--------------------
Mr. Wonka

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #348550 - 06/25/01 10:28 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I would recommend hunting at the peak of the season if you are inexperience. You will have the best luck in November when the shrooms are more abundant. Earlier hunting is possible with experience at the knowledge of where they popped up the year before. But going into the field cold is asking for frustration, unless you have a good guide.

The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

OfflineYew4Ea
journeywoman

#354775 - 07/14/01 05:14 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Hey! I am sorry I have not been in touch...but I think that would be great to combine efforts...I live South of Portland. I have been trying to study up on mushrooms. I have a couple of guides, but nothing is better than actual field experience. Let me know... Maybe we can meet for coffee sometime. I know Corvallis is quite far, but we could meet half way.

--------------------
In love and light, Blessed Be.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds