Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Anyone watch the VH1 special on dirty hippies?
    #3467369 - 12/08/04 08:54 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

what a load. seriously. steve-o on lot selling acid? dont see it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: Anyone watch the VH1 special on dirty hippies? [Re: Jim]
    #3467387 - 12/08/04 08:57 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

when is it on
and what was te show called

--------------------

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: Anyone watch the VH1 special on dirty hippies? [Re: notapillow]
    #3467390 - 12/08/04 08:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yeah keller williams was on it....

That was probably the highlight of the whole piece was getting to see keller on tv.

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone watch the VH1 special on dirty hippies? [Re: Hooty]
    #3467397 - 12/08/04 09:00 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, that was the only thing hippie about it. where the fuck was bill walton>? It was just on pillow.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

#3467446 - 12/08/04 09:09 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

what time zone are you

--------------------

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#3467481 - 12/08/04 09:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

EST.

--------------------

afoaf said:

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #3467499 - 12/08/04 09:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

and what was te show called

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone watch the VH1 special on dirty hippies? [Re: motaman]
    #3467511 - 12/08/04 09:22 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

cool im gonna get high and watch it and yell at the tv :smile:
was it that "my greatist years" show

--------------------

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#3467550 - 12/08/04 09:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yeah..my greatest years 'the dirty hippie'

--------------------

afoaf said:

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God Flag
    #3467607 - 12/08/04 09:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'll have to check that out.

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone watch the VH1 special on dirty hippies? [Re: joe666]
    #3467624 - 12/08/04 09:40 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

wow this is gonna be awsome :smile:
lol i just saw the "metal head" episode and i was thinking they would probably do a hippy one :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#3467631 - 12/08/04 09:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

keller has gained some weight since I last saw him.

--------------------

afoaf said:

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#3467650 - 12/08/04 09:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Anyone ever see Steve-O on dead lot doing stupid shit? I dont know if I would want to.

--------------------

afoaf said:

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #3467660 - 12/08/04 09:49 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

my coolest years

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God Flag
    #3467664 - 12/08/04 09:49 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If he had LSD I woulda bought it from him.

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone watch the VH1 special on dirty hippies? [Re: joe666]
    #3467675 - 12/08/04 09:52 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

probably great acid!. ever see 'PCP saved my life'?

--------------------

afoaf said:

OfflineWhiteRabbitt
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3467681 - 12/08/04 09:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

vh1 did a special on the pub? kickass!

--------------------
You gotta jump and swing up to hit me in the knees.

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #3467687 - 12/08/04 09:54 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Fuck you buddy, steve is my idol

--------------------

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone watch the VH1 special on dirty hippies? [Re: Dreamer987]
    #3467716 - 12/08/04 10:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It was funny when they showed steve o drinking bong water.

--------------------

afoaf said:

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Re: Anyone watch the VH1 special on dirty hippies? [Re: Dreamer987]
    #3467717 - 12/08/04 10:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Stories From Jail by Steve-O
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wrote this while I was in jail in 1996, typed it up that year and recently retrieved the disk. Here it is, unchanged since 1996:

TRUCKIN'
A Story About Travels
transcribed from written pages

March 19, 1996

Alright Man,
To Whom It May Concern,
They call me Steve-O. I'm thinking about switching back to Steve Glover because now I've kind of begun a career and I don't know if I want a nickname when I'm famous. The purpose I intend to serve right now is to kill time, as I sit in jail, by telling some of my story. Before I go on- let it be known that this is for my bro, Dave Olshansky. He has believed in me, helped me out, and stood by me for a long time.
When I met Dave, I was a feeble student at University of Miami. It was my second year (as a freshman) and Dave's first. The school year had just begun and I was heartbroken by my girlfriend of the year before. I gave up on everything, drank harder than usual (which was a task), and released my frustration by endangering my life in numerous ways. It made me feel good about myself and I was getting back at the girl by making her worry. I became a wannabe stuntman.
It was basically inevitable, I guess. I've been in and out of hardcore skateboarding since 1985 (age 11), and I took up diving as soon as I arrived at U of M (the pool saw more of me than my teachers). Hanging out in Dave's dorm room I met this intense guy named Jamie Haselton. He was a snowboarder from Vermont. He wasn't very happy about being away from snow, but he was under much pressure from his father to stay in South Florida (working for his dad for free every weekend). Jamie had as much urge to get dangerously radical as I did. We frequently went on intense late-night stunt missions, without even bringing cameras most of the time. One day, we got in Jamie's van and drove from Miami to Northern California.
When we left it was two days before Thanksgiving. We had $600 between us and every intention of starting a new life out west. Before we got out of Florida, an entire wheel flew off the van while it was cruising down the highway. By the time we got to California we had to steal two wheels from the back of similar '70's vans and push start Jamie's. It had "Cali or Bust" finger-written in the dust on the side of it and inside there was a big bed for Jamie and a futon for me. Our plan was to get a job at Squaw Valley ski resort.. That would include free season passes for snowboarding.
It wasn't snowing in California and Squaw Valley wasn't hiring. We met up with Jamie's friend from Vermont (Devon Murelli) and caravanned to Steamboat Springs, Colorado. We were hurting for cash. For a few days we stayed in the dorms of a college in Steamboat. The people there were good to us. They let us crash and got us baked. It was no task to eat in their cafeteria for free. We started hanging out at the employee housing of Steamboat ski resort. It was a sweet apartment complex and they had multiple kegs every Wednesday night, religiously. We ended up staying with these great chicks, Kristen Poulin and Danika Gunter.
Jamie was the only one of us to get a job at the resort. He was washing dishes and he got a season pass. I'm glad it was him because he wanted it more than Devon and me put together. Devon washed dishes at a hotel and I bagged groceries and cleaned the meat room at City Market. We spent our money on food and alcohol and cooked killer dinners and kept the pad clean for Kristen and Danika. We partied heavily for a month. I learned to do backflips in the snow and skated in a parking garage. I had the best Xmas of my life in Steamboat. It was the first time I opened presents at midnight on Xmas eve. Our tree was decorated with full airplane bottles of liquor and multi colored lights. We had so much fun. Steamboat rules.
Devon and I became disgruntled with our shitty jobs, however. We got in his car and drove to Austin, Texas to have experimental drugs tested on us for money. We each had only $100 and we drove twenty hours straight to get there. Going there was crazy. We didn't know if we would be accepted for the medical study. We had to pass an intense screening process.. To qualify we had to be in perfect health and free of drugs. We gave blood and urine samples, got hooked up to machines and waited a week to find out if we made it. We slept nights either on the roof of a building or in back of an abandoned Chinese restaurant. I skated most days and panicked. I didn't want to be stranded in Texas.
Thanks to good luck, and Goldenseal, we got in (twelve days after the screening appointment). The place was a big laboratory called Pharmaco LSR (Life Science Research). The drug being tested on us was called Ractopamine Hydrochloride. The tests would determine if it would become legal for use on pigs and cows. It would supposedly cause them to have more muscle and less fat. When humans eat their meat they will ingest traces of the drug. We were used to see how much we could take of it before our heart rates became dangerously high. We took lots of pills, spent much time on funky heart machines and gave a lot of blood. After twelve days confined at Pharmaco Devon and I each had $2000. $800 was up front and $1200 followed in the mail. We were stoked.
One of the guys in our study offered to let us stay at his pad while we celebrated our freedom and did some work on Devon's car. We were looking to invest in marijuana to make our money last longer. After being confined with this guy we had trusted him. We each tried to get a pound through his connections. We drove him to an apartment building somewhere near Killeen, Texas and he took off with our money. He wasn't counting on us finding our way back to his pad. We did. The next day I was waiting there to find out what happened while Devon got parts for his car. I still didn't think that we had each been taken, for $500, because this guy had been so smooth. I thought something else went wrong. He showed up and didn't answer me when I asked him what happened. He went back outside and returned instantly with two friends. One of them punched and kicked me in the head a few times and took an additional $70 from me. Then, for some reason, all of them took off and left me in the pad.
When Devon got back, I briefed him. If these guys caught us looting the apartment we would most likely be dead. We did it anyway. We stole his ball python with its aquarium, shedding stone, and light. The only other things worth taking were his clothes and shoes (which fit nicely). While we were taking them we heard a car pull into the parking lot. That was indescribable- we ran to the back of the apartment, opened a window and started kicking out the screen. Before it gave, we realized that they weren't really back. We got about $600 worth of revenge, and then fled the state.
We returned to Steamboat and gave the snake to Kristen and Danika. They loved it. I had my mom wire me money (while I waited for my check) and used it to party heavily with Jamie, Kristen and Danika.. Jamie had legitimately moved into another employee apartment just before Devon and I went to Texas. We raged for two weeks before I left. My sister arranged it so that I flew to see her in St. Louis and we both got return tickets to Florida. My return flight was open-ended.
I was reckless with my friends in Miami. They were all raging harder than before, especially Dave. I didn't plan on staying long but I got arrested for disorderly intoxication with my great friend Bill. It was my first time being arrested in America, My arrest report roughly stated 'the defendent and co-defendant were observed on S.W. 72nd St, Both were waving their arms about and taunting eastbound drivers. Vehicles were slowing and honking as the defendant and co-defendant appeared to be laughing and playing in the roadway.' I wish I still had it because it really said these things. Bill and I had to complete a five week class after our court date. My stay in Florida was a wild three months before I flew back to St. Louis, Missouri.
It's a good thing I had that return ticket because that was all I had. When I arrived at my sister's pad, my father and stepmother were there for her graduation from Washington University. That was weird. I blew a lot of my dad's money by dropping out of school. For months after I left UM I didn't call him because I was too ashamed. This was the first time I saw him since. He was really cool and we talked a lot. I told him that it was important to me to support myself after blowing his money. I also told him that I would do a better job of it if he got me a used car for my birthday which was a month away. I didn't deserve it, but he and my stepmother bought me a '92 Ford Tempo. Insurance was cheaper after my birthday so I didn't pick up the car until then. I don't think I got drunk once while I stayed with my sister. I spent my time skating and doing stunts. I was getting intense video footage. Somehow getting a car left me with $200. I don't remember how but, within a few days, I left for Canada.
I was headed for Toronto to visit my old high school friend, Meredith Adams. It was nice that I had relatives from my mom's side of the family just outside Toronto because I only got to meet them a few times as a child. I have no brother but my cousin is within a year of my age. This guy rules. One of the first things he asked me was whether I wanted to shotgun a beer. I had a fantastic time getting to know him and partying with him severely. I had a great time staying with Meredith. We partied. We hadn't seen each other in a long time but we stayed in touch. Meredith encouraged me to get rad and came with me to the Olympic pool of Toronto (Where I was lucky to make it on the six o'clock news charging the ten meter). She had a closet full of impressive pot plants. She hooked me up with a job, too. I worked a short time for Greenpeace where, without going to college, Meredith had become a manager. I did educational door-to-door begging. I was in Toronto for about a month before I left to follow the Grateful Dead. Meredith's roommate, Sarah, came with me. It was not a romantic arrangement.
When we left, I had $40. Sarah had a little more, but not much. We drove to Highgate, Vermont for the first show of the tour. Our plan was to buy food and drinks at stores and sell it at the shows to stay on tour. I was stoked because I love the Dead. The whole scene in Vermont was killer, even though we barely made our money back (selling beer). Everyone that showed up got in to the show, with or without a ticket. They played a killer 'New Speedway Boogie'. The next day there was no Dead show so Sarah and I drove to Long Island, New York to be at a Phish show.
That was my first time on the Phish lot. We had fun and did well selling bagels and cream cheese. That evening, some guy went running by on his way into the show and threw me a killer hat for no apparent reason. He screamed, "Hey bro! Hat!". I was happy because my hair was looking really goofy growing away from baldness. I wish I had made it inside the show, but I had a nice skate session outside. The following day was the first of two Dead shows in Washington, D.C..
We were on the lot in D.C. early in the afternoon. I forget what we sold there but we didn't sell much. Sarah hooked up free tickets ("miracles") from a guy she knew who worked for the Dead. I was stoked to hear a killer 'He's Gone' that night. The next day, on the same lot, I was talking to some girls who had never been to a Dead show. When I told them I was following the band they couldn't believe it. I explained how it worked. One of them ended up getting in my car to go on tour after the show that night. She miracled me into the show, too. I was glad to have her on the team because it was over five hundred miles to the next three shows in Deer Creek, Indiana and she helped us get there.
We slept a night at the nearest rest area on the highway to Deer Creek. When I woke up Sarah told me that the girl had hit it off with another guy at the rest area the night before and jumped into his ride for the rest of the shows. That was sweet. I kept seeing her at shows after that- she was always happy. I was doing backflips in the parking lot for single dollars before I got miracled into the first Deer Creek show (by Sarah's friend). My ticket brought me only about ten rows away from Jerry. I could see him so closely. I was tripping so hard, I couldn't stop sobbing (for the whole first set) over being so close to Jerry. It was a great show and I partied all night long at a campground with many Deadheads. The last night in Deer Creek I met a guy who ended up paying me to bring people to his van to by various drugs from him. I never had drugs on me and I made $55 on the lot after the show started. The guy, and his partners, were very happy with how much money I brought them. Sarah and I partied and crashed at their hotel suite that night. Then it was off to Chicago, Illinois for the next two shows.
I showed up at Soldier's field, Chicago, with less than $10. I decided to try buying and selling drugs with it and ended up with more than $80. I didn't go in to the show and ended up meeting a hot local babe named Mandy in the parking lot. I crashed at her pad that night and managed to wuss out. The whole next day we were together on the lot and in the show. It was her first time inside a Dead show. That night, both Sarah and I crashed at Mandy's. Sarah's presence sabotaged my progress with Mandy and, once again, I wussed out. I was bummed on the way to St. Louis for the next two shows.
The lot in St. Louis sucked. They were really strict there and no one could vend. That meant that there was a campground, with 10,000, people a couple miles down the road. It was the front page story in the newspaper. I hung out with my sister a little, but I jammed at field. It ruled. I was awake tripping all night after the first show and I still hadn't slept after the second show the following night. When I finally passed out, at the campground, I had my killer hat on. When I woke up it was gone. I was majorly pissed. Before I left for the next (single) show in Buckeye Lake, Ohio, Sarah hooked up with a guy and hopped into his ride. I was pleased because I met up with a guy I knew from Miami named Adam. He started riding with me.
My hair looked goofy in Ohio, but I had a sweet time. I took a gelcap and tripped like crazy. It was my favorite performance of the tour. I made cash on the lot, too. After the show, they didn't make everyone leave (It was an outdoor show in the countryside) so we partied all night. I saw my good friend, Jason Berk, from UM that night. Ohio was great.
When Adam and I arrived in Detroit, Michigan, at the first of the next two shows, one of the first people I saw was wearing my hat! I barked at him for ground-scoring it off my head, showed him my feeble sewing repair job at the back of it, and put it on with great joy. I skated a lot in Detroit. I broke into the second show, which was on Jerry's birthday. He sang the only 'Scarlet Begonias/Fire on the Mountain' of the whole tour. I was overjoyed to catch it.
The last two shows of the tour were in Meadowlands, New Jersey. I was very upset when I had to run from cops after I sold acid to these guys in the parking lot. I couldn't tell you if the cops even got out of their car to chase me after one of them yelled, "Hey, you!". I was hauling ass. I bought a ticket to the last show of the tour. As far as crowd intensity goes it was, by far, the best show. When Jerry sang 'Days Between', it made me cry. Tour was over and I was bummed. I drove to Virginia with $100 to visit my old skateboard friend from eighth and ninth grade, Chris Lewis. I stayed for a couple of weeks and headed back to Florida. That's where I was a bum for a very long time- you can ask Dave Olshansky.

This story covered one year of my life, from August 1993 to August 1994.
Thanks to my sister for helping me edit.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck