Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineiceeslunk
Stranger
could my hygrometer be messed up?
    #3445874 - 12/04/04 01:30 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

hey, i just checked my PMP about 5 minutes ago, ive had it running since this morning, and my hygrometer said it was at 65% RH...however, the inside walls and the top lid are coated with moisture, as it looked when my hygrometer read 94% RH a week ago...what do you think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
Re: could my hygrometer be messed up? [Re: iceeslunk]
    #3445920 - 12/04/04 01:46 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Don't trust your hygrometer. I don't even use one anymore. I just check the humidity visually and I ask myself does it 'feel' humid in there to me. If in doubt, just mist more often. A reliable hygrometer is an oxymoron I think. Well, unless you pay a ridiculous price for one. I bought one at a pet shopt for 8 dollars and it never worked from day one. If you really feel you need one though, I've been told that your best bet would be to get one from a tobacco shop. They are said to be quite reliable. :shrug:

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3445936 - 12/04/04 01:51 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I agree 90% of the hygro folks use are crap , do not rely on them .Especially those little plastic ones for reptiles and amphibians :thumbdown: They are'nt worth the plastic they make them from .
By the way what kind do you have ?

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Edited by tripndicular (12/04/04 01:52 PM)

Offlineiceeslunk
Stranger
Re: could my hygrometer be messed up? [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #3445943 - 12/04/04 01:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

well...let say if when i open my container, i can actually see mist escaping from the top....that means its pretty damn humid, right? lol

Offlineiceeslunk
Stranger
    #3445947 - 12/04/04 01:54 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i got mine from a cigar shop, but yea...it is plastic...

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3445952 - 12/04/04 01:55 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

ya, lol, sounds like you've got it up there pretty damn high. Just ditch that hygrometer and don't let it worry you. GL on your grow :smile:

--------------------

Offlineiceeslunk
Stranger
    #3445971 - 12/04/04 02:00 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

thanks!

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

#3445995 - 12/04/04 02:09 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

8 bucks? I'm not surprised it didn't work. You get what you pay for. Top of the line models will probably run you 50 - 60+ dollars. I don't this post to sound rude, just giving my opinion.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

Offlineiceeslunk
Stranger
Re: could my hygrometer be messed up? [Re: theocean06]
    #3446002 - 12/04/04 02:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

lol where did you get 8 bucks? it actually cost me like 30-40 bucks if i remember correctly...but theres no way it can be reading 65-68 rh if there is a fine mist in the air

InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

#3446005 - 12/04/04 02:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
NEWB NEWBIE NEWCOMER IGNORANT? QUESTIONS?
Click HERE HERE HERE HERE For detailed instructions with pictures on how to grow mushrooms. There is a lot of info on the Shroomery and this is what you need to know.

InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

Re: could my hygrometer be messed up? [Re: Peterthinks]
    #3446048 - 12/04/04 02:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Or you could take two temperature readings....one with a wet(use room temperature water) piece of cotton tied to the bulb and one with a dry thermometer.
as described here.
http://www.warren-wilson.edu/~physics/PhysSci/humidity_Pressure/RelHumidity.htm
and compare the results on the table here.
http://www.warren-wilson.edu/%7Ephysics/PhysSci/humidity_Pressure/Rel_Humidity_Table.htm
:jester:

--------------------
Click HERE HERE HERE HERE For detailed instructions with pictures on how to grow mushrooms. There is a lot of info on the Shroomery and this is what you need to know.

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

#3446856 - 12/04/04 06:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

iceeslunk said:
lol where did you get 8 bucks? it actually cost me like 30-40 bucks if i remember correctly...but theres no way it can be reading 65-68 rh if there is a fine mist in the air

Right here man -

13eetleJuice said:

"I bought one at a pet shopt for 8 dollars and it never worked from day one"

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: could my hygrometer be messed up? [Re: theocean06]
    #3446974 - 12/04/04 06:30 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, I figured hygrometers were about like thermometers at the time so I just grabbed a decent looking one at a pet store thinking it'd get the job done with a +/- 5% margin of error. Boy was I wrong. You have to really shell out the cash for a hygrometer or just do without. Those low-rent hygro's suck donkey balls.

--------------------

InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

#3447276 - 12/04/04 07:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah but with a $2 thermometer and some wet gauze you can put those fancy $300 hydrometers to shame!
+-5% accurate...screw that.
I know my HVAC and a bunch of other shit.most of it is useless like who needs to liquify natural gas and make a -400 F freezer but hey...what was I talking about>??\

I CAN FREEZE AIR!
Who needs liquid oxygen anyway.

what the hell is this about!...why an I writhing this?
I need another beer.
:jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom