Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemrshroomy
Stranger
where else besides cow fields should I look?
    #335540 - 06/05/01 08:13 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

there are not that many cow fields around my area, there are a couple horse fields, well 3 or 4 large ones actually, a lot of pastures, and A LOT of woods, but no cow fields, within walking distance (I don't have a vehicle). where should I look, what plants should I look around, should I mess with the horse fields? any help will be appreciated because its supposed to rain about 12 tonight, oh one more thing, what time should I look if its gonna rain 12 tonight, a full 24 hours? or 48? or less? thanks for any help you can give.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemrshroomy
Stranger
Re: where else besides cow fields should I look? [Re: mrshroomy]
    #335553 - 06/05/01 08:24 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

forgot to tell you I live near raleigh, nc if that helps you determine my area, its been steadily 80-85 degrees, I KNOW there will be shroomies popping up tomorrow, i just need a little help learning HOW to find them. if anyone lives in NC and can teach me some basic stuff, my instant messenger name is Andy766, thankyou so much.

OfflineShroomerBoy
    #335651 - 06/05/01 10:11 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

If i were you i would stick to the cow fields, they're safer....

Offlinemrshroomy
Stranger
Re: where else besides cow fields should I look? [Re: ShroomerBoy]
    #335813 - 06/06/01 12:59 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

so what specific species would I be looking for on the cow pastures? gimme some help PLEASE, thanks

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NSW, Australia.
    #335878 - 06/06/01 03:39 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

It depends where you live. If you want to educate yourself, there are heaps of resources and heaps of things you should know about, much more than can be supplied in one post.  I'll leave some links for you at the bottom of the page.  There are heaps of species in cow pastures, but, like I said it depends where you live. For me Psilocybe cubensis and Copelandia cyanescens are the main types.  It's fairly probable that you'll be looking for cubies (Psilocybe cubensis aka Golden tops, blue rings, cubies, cubes, Golden Teachers etc) as they are amoung the most common and easy to identify.  It would be a good idea, (if you have never hunted and don't know anyone experienced to help you) to take photos of the shrooms you find and post them here so others can confirm your identification before you eat them.  Actually, it's a fucking great idea.

Check out these links:

http://shroomwizard.4mg.com/GGreat.html This should be your first stop. GGreatOne has done a fucking superb job on this guide for finding Psilocybe Cubensis for the newbie, IMHO.

http://www.shroomery.com There is a huge section in here on finding shrooms. look.

http://hometown.aol.com/ggreatone234/index.html A guide for finding Copelandia cyanescens (GGreatone again)

http://mjshroomer.yage.net mjshroomer's homepage.  If your talking mushrooms, he knows, full stop.

Bookmark all these pages!

Hope I've helped you out! :wink:

Give me a woman that loves beer and I could conquer the world

Edited by oO_wombat_Oo on 06/06/01 05:41 AM.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate