Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Hygrometer, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: Not In The US
    #334330 - 06/04/01 08:25 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, before someone yells at me for double posting, im sorry, noone was responding to it...

First Question is about my jars, they're tasmanians from sporeworks. In a few jars, there are little white bumps of mycelia, a few looking like circles, not like dots but like the rim of a bowl protruding out, if that gives you any ideas... What are these? Pins?

Second Question is about my terrarium setup, if you read my first post, i said it was 70 gallons, my mistake, it was 72 liters, big difference eh? That makes it 20 gallons, it a dark green tuppaware tote box, on the bottom i have moist perlite (the white stuff), should this be replaced with vermiculite? I have the bottom half of a 2 litre coke bottle with an air pump putting very fine bubles in some water to raise the humidity. But yet my hygrometer reads only 85% humidity... I think it might be busted or something, although it does change when put outside or something with way different humidity... Anyways, before I go out and get another hygrometer, I wanna ask people something about my ultrasonic mister. It looks like a short can of metal and the top has a small ceramic disk that vibrates really fast and makes a mist, it looks really cool... Is this an ultrasonic humidifier? Anyways, how can i set this up to humidify my terrarium? I know i can just put it in some water in the terrarium but is there a better way to do it??

Well, I think thats about it....

Keep Trippin' and Blazin'

Everything posted above was out of fun, none should be taken serious. I am currently under the influence so take that into consideration.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: Earth
Re: Questions [Re: TripsAreForKids]
    #334391 - 06/04/01 09:22 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Not sure how much of a help I am...but the perlite is used for humidity after your cakes have fully colonized, and you're beginning to fruit. If it's all colonized, keep the perlite in there, and either make a casing, or toss the cakes in the terrarium whole.

"This delightful and singular state... This acuteness of thought, this enthusiasm of the senses and the spirit must have appeared to man through the ages as the first blessing."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Hygrometer, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation