Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinecountryboysmoker
Stranger
where shuld I go with politics?
    #3307423 - 11/01/04 11:24 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

being 19 yrs old and still having a fresh mind. Im not sure who to be voting for.

I think guns shuld always be legal, I think drugs shud be legal,  I hate any kind of tax other than income tax, I hate expensive gas (we shuld find an alternate source of fuel rather than raising taxes on something that people have almost no choice but to buy).

Im pro abortion, pretty much antireligous, think that the united states shud only get involved in foreign affairs when WE ARE BEING ATTACKED by a country.

also gettin tired of people coming in from other countries expecting us to educate them, provide everything for them just so they can take our jobs away.

I also think censorship shuld be gone because it violates our rights as americans.

hate crimes shud be gone too, because I dont see why motive or type of person you are has anything to do with the crime itself.

drinking age shud be lowered to 18, having to be 21 doesnt stop anyone from drinking, it only encourages more underground activity which results in all kinds of stupid shit.

I believe that corporations that put our jobs in other countries shud be taxed heavily to compensate for our losses.

oh yeah...get rid of social security, i dont believe in other people holding the money I earn for me, I feel that im capable of planning my own retirement thank you :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineICHMLASC
Astro Zombie

Re: where shuld I go with politics? [Re: countryboysmoker]
    #3307719 - 11/02/04 01:28 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds like you want what almost everyone else wants. If your going to vote then based off of your post id say vote Kerry all the way. Not because hes right as much as it is how much Bush is wrong. Bush has been labeled by many as the worst environmental president in history and that should be the most important issue if this country wasnt so fucked. Its also known that hes a member of a radical christian heracy that believes the world will end in our lifetime so we should just use as much of the resources as we can. Kerry is bad too. You have to be a piece of shit to get on the ballot nationally. Anyway, a vote for Kerry is step in the right direction, just not a very big one.

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: where shuld I go with politics? [Re: ICHMLASC]
    #3307768 - 11/02/04 02:09 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

worst environmental president ever?  a little harsh dont ya think.  after all it was bush that spoke about cutting down the forests to prevent forest fires.  he's only looking out for the benefit of the environment dont ya know :rolleyes:

"also getting tired of people coming in from other countries expecting us to educate them, provide everything for them just so they can take our jobs away."

well ya know those damn foreigners do pay for it...its not like the states has a huge free schooling for foreign immigrants.  you guys pay for school, and pay a lot.  in fact its a problem in canada.  people get schooling here and move down there for the jobs.  our gov, can only speak for bc as of present, funds universities a LOT compared to some other countries (which is going down hill).  people take advantage of that, as they should, but they dont stay here for work.  our gov is to blame i think, very disorganized and really fucked up.

"they took er jawbs!!!!"

lets suck and fuck our way to a better future!

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3307773 - 11/02/04 02:11 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

countryboysmoker said:
oh yeah...get rid of social security, i dont believe in other people holding the money I earn for me, I feel that im capable of planning my own retirement thank you :smile:

i hear that!

--------------------

OfflineICHMLASC
Astro Zombie

Re: where shuld I go with politics? [Re: kadakuda]
    #3307791 - 11/02/04 02:27 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Worst environmental president ever a little harsh? As far as I'm concerned, Antichrist is an overstatement for Bush. A little info to support me:

"This is ? you know, about two weeks ago, the EPA announced that in 19 states, it?s now unsafe to eat any fresh water fish because of mercury contamination. One out of every six American women now has so much mercury in her womb that her children are at risk for a grim inventory of diseases: autism, blindness, mental retardation, heart/liver/kidney disease. I had my own mercury levels tested recently, Bill, and my levels are about three times what are considered safe, just from eating fish. I was told by Dr. David Carpenter, who is the national authority on mercury contamination, that a woman with my levels of mercury would have children with cognitive impairment, with permanent brain damage, probably an IQ loss of 5 to 7 points. There?s 630,000 children born in this country every year who have been exposed to dangerous levels of mercury in their mother?s wombs.

Bill Clinton passed a law ? we know where the mercury is coming from. It?s coming from 1,100 coal-burning power plants, an industry that has contributed $100 million to this administration. under Clinton rules, they would have had to remove 90% of that mercury within three-and-a-half years. But this president, eight weeks ago, announced he was scrapping those rules and substituting rules that were written by industry lobbyists that will require that they never have to clean up."

-Robert Kennedy Jr.
Senior attorney National Resources Defense Council

Your saying that someone who willingly allows mercury to contaminate our rivers in order to gain some extra campaign money is not worthy of the label Antichrist?

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3307873 - 11/02/04 03:10 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

lol, perhaps i didnt add enough sarcasm in my previous post.  his prevention of forest fire speach was such a stupid thing o say he never mentioned it again.

i completly agree with you man, i think the guy and his cronies should be lynched for what they'v done to teh environment.  twice.

for the record clinton is my favorite prez in yank history.  nothing but respect (as much as i can give to a politician anywho).

but ya anyway, singing to the choir my man.  couldnt agree more :smile:

--------------------

OfflineKidShelleen
watch thesensations
    #3308463 - 11/02/04 09:26 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The Libertarians are FAR closer to your stated preferences than Bush or Kerry.

KS

--------------------
"Who would be free themselves must strike the blow" -Lord Byron

Offlinekeeponshroomin
    #3308583 - 11/02/04 10:08 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Libertarian based on what you say.

Most people here will just randomly shout out Kerry...how can you tell someone to vote democrat who doesn't believe in social security?

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: where shuld I go with politics? [Re: keeponshroomin]
    #3308997 - 11/02/04 12:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

When voting for president I only take one thing into consideration.

I never vote for the liberal because I know that would be basically just wasting my vote on a dream that will never be realized, so I have to find which of the other candidates are for a majority of the topics that are important to me.

This time around it does happen to be John Kerry. I don't like to get caught up labelling myself as a Democrat or Republican though as any given year I could sway my decision based upon their views.

I read an article that someone linked from the pub a few days ago about Russia's new environmental policies and how they plan on reducing green house gasses etc by a certain percentage and believed that other countries should also conform. President Bush's response was that it would hamper the Corporate manufacturing of America and that it wasn't an option. How fucking greedy and rediculous.. It's not his country to run, it's ours, and that mercury article up there just ices the cake on why he shouldn't be in office IMO.

- Silven

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

OfflineDrGidget
shroomeater
    #3309004 - 11/02/04 12:10 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Kerry

OfflineICHMLASC
Astro Zombie

Re: where shuld I go with politics? [Re: kadakuda]
    #3309293 - 11/02/04 01:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

kadakuda said:
lol, perhaps i didnt add enough sarcasm in my previous post.  his prevention of forest fire speach was such a stupid thing o say he never mentioned it again.

i completly agree with you man, i think the guy and his cronies should be lynched for what they'v done to teh environment.  twice.

for the record clinton is my favorite prez in yank history.  nothing but respect (as much as i can give to a politician anywho).

but ya anyway, singing to the choir my man.  couldnt agree more :smile:

Yeah I realized that your post was sarcastic a little while after I posted. Then I saw your thread on how fucked up the world is....
Sorry for the snap.

--------------------

Offlinecountryboysmoker
Stranger
    #3311649 - 11/02/04 09:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I think a BIG step for this country and the world would be to find alternate sources of fuel, like hydrogen.

I dont know TOO much about it, but I understand its non pollutant, and its the most abundant element in the universe, which could mean eventually we could have very, VERY cheap gas. But we all know Bush and rest of his nazis cant have their money taken away.

I think a new breed of cars that use this fuel would very much help jobs, people would need to work on these new vehicles.

the price of gasoline here in east texas has gone to 2 dollars, which is VERY bad considering that alotta people NEED gas to power their vehicles which we use for agriculture. We use trucks mostly, and trucks get less mph than a car.

I think its funny how a country this rich cant invest in other things besides military and oil corporation empires. Of course because of our highly religous idiots, we are unable to truly explore the vastness of medical information because "God would not like it".

We cant educate our kids on certain issues without pissing off christians, for example evolution, sex.

I feel that highly biblical christians are holding us back, and someday its gonna bite us in the ass, actually, its gonna bite our kids in the ass even worse.

Invisiblethepodman
Pod King

Loc: Pod Nightmare
    #3311732 - 11/02/04 09:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Libertarian

check out the website www.lp.org

--------------------
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
"Hey daddy, president Bush tried marijuana, I think I will."

Offlinecountryboysmoker
Stranger
Re: where shuld I go with politics? [Re: thepodman]
    #3311759 - 11/02/04 09:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I think I have found my way....libertarian. I like the sound of it

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #3311791 - 11/02/04 09:50 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yep, you definately got the Libertarian veiws in your thinking. And don't ever let anyone tell you that a vote for another party (other than Republican or Democrat) is a wasted vote. A wasted vote is when you vote for someone you don't believe in just because hes 'not as bad' as the other guy.

<---registred Libertarian here.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: where shuld I go with politics? [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #3311854 - 11/02/04 10:03 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I've never run into more Libertarians as I have at the Shroomery. If the Shroomery were an accurate cross section of the American population, (which it isn't) things would definitely be alot better in for the U.S....and the rest of the world.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Offlinecountryboysmoker
Stranger
Re: where shuld I go with politics? [Re: Rono]
    #3311904 - 11/02/04 10:13 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

holy shit rono that animation below your screen name with the guy gettin his head bashed is fuckin AWESOME!. I wonder how many people around my area are like me, of course this is republican country around here.

Offlinepantsboy
I troll because I care.
Female User Gallery

Loc: 8====D ~o
    #3311917 - 11/02/04 10:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

In terms as an alternative fuel source, vegitable oil would actually be the way to go. Hydrogen fuel cells have 55% efficiency and vegitable oil has proven to be even more efficient as a fuel for cars. Vegitable Oil is also non-pollutant, and although not nearly as abundant as Hydrogen, is still available in mass quantities, (through places such as McDonalds). If vegitable oil becomes widely used, its price will drop way below the average price for oil.

Although there are many advantages to using vegitable oil for cars, Hydrogen Fuel Cells are just as useful. Internal Combustion Engines (35% efficiency) and Vegitable Oil both produce mechanical energy. Hydrogen Fuell Cell is much more useful in the fact that it produces electrical energy and its only output is heat and water. Therefore, using electrical energy, cars could now be based on electric power rather than mechanical. That means you can forget about steering wheels, large engines, not having All-Wheel Drive, and the current automobile chasis. Every mechanical aspect of cars can be totally redesigned and revamped if powered by electricity from hydrogen fuel cells.

Hydrogen Fuel Cells would have other uses though. They can be used to power laptops, phones, and many other modern electric devices, and are much more efficient, lasting, and cheaper than rechargeble batteries.

Vegitable oil and hydrogen fuel cells both are great sources of power in automobiles, but either way, if America uses its own fuel sources, we will no longer have to rely on purchasing oil for foreign countries. Many radicalists in the Middle East have gained all their wealth from the oil purchases America has made. Many of these Oil Tycoons use their wealth for terrorist attacks against the U.S. Therefore an alternative to oil would somewhat stop us from funding the terrorists, because unless your with D.A.R.E. or some Anti-Drug Corporation, you know pot and other drugs aren't paying for terrorist attacks.

As for which President would be better for switching off of oil use, John Kerry would definitely speed up the process. George Bush, who unfortnately is going to be our president for another four years (I'm basing this off the exit polls on Yahoo, I've been checking every five seconds.), and many other Right Wing politicians, (such as the Terminator)has already created a 10 year plan to change to Hydrogen Fuell Cells as a replacement for the Internal Combustion Engine. Although George Bush has the head start, John Kerry would have been able to achieve this in a much shorter amount of time.

Oh and in conclusion, George Bush sucks and is going to fuck the U.S. for another four years.

--------------------
Acid doesn't hurt when you're on fire. :frown:

"Mushrooms are only similar to penises in their appearance." - LeBron James (2013)

ToiletDuk said:
"Bus squelching is not to be laughed at."

Offlinecountryboysmoker
Stranger
Re: where shuld I go with politics? [Re: pantsboy]
    #3311942 - 11/02/04 10:25 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

yeah bush sux ass,

very informative, thanks.

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

#3311951 - 11/02/04 10:27 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

why do you think guns should be legal?

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom