Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: newbie flood [Re: gdman]
    #3306612 -

Yeah the whole thing about newbies not being able to get into OTD SUCKS IMO.
It's done nothing for the site, just brought down the level of posting in the pub.


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: newbie flood [Re: guri]
    #3306613 -

beerweed is just a moron who will kill himself with his drug use if it wasn't for us... or kill himself getting out of bed, basicly a darwin case.



there is nothing wrong with frats, I have friends in frats... SOME frats are alright.


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: newbie flood [Re: gdman]
    #3306619 -

Quote:
gdman said:
that's all you need to know, don't go beerweeding on me now :smirk:




:lol: :lol:

Quote:
Ripple said:
Yeah the whole thing about newbies not being able to get into OTD SUCKS IMO.
It's done nothing for the site, just brought down the level of posting in the pub.





That's a very valid point, the pub has slid downhill fast since that decision was made.


--------------------
Without love in the dream
It will never come true

Edited by Hooty (11/01/04 08:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: newbie flood [Re: gdman]
    #3306628 -

i agree completly, its just ive noticed at least on my campus many frat guys think way too highly of themselves because they drink 6 out of 7 nights a week. like ive met some cool frat guys, and my best friend on campus is in a sorority. its just in general my expierences with them have been well not that great.


--------------------
"If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, then go home and burn all your records, all your tapes, and all your CDs because every one of those artists who have made brilliant music and enhanced your lives? The Beatles were so fucking high, they let Ringo sing a few songs." --Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: newbie flood [Re: guri]
    #3306700 -

guri said:
it seems beerweed is like a state of mind that has aquired a voice and is screeming something along the lines of "HEY IM IN A FRAT I LOVE BEER IM HELLA COOL! but i have a more risque side and i SMOKE THE REEFER hella! but all other drugs are horrible and rot your brain!"

at least thats what i think beerweed is



That's perfect.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: newbie flood [Re: gdman]
    #3306732 -

let me clareify again, I don't think ALL newbies are mean spirited or beerweedish...


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: newbie flood [Re: gdman]
    #3306743 -

new blood is a good thing, they just better be here for noble reason (fooling around is cool too, as long as you aren't trying to cause too much troubble :wink:)


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: newbie flood [Re: gdman]
    #3307159 -

We were all newbies once....


--------------------
Without love in the dream
It will never come true

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: newbie flood [Re: gdman]
    #3307176 -

I haven't noticed any more than usual. We're always going to have buttholes posting here, IMHO. Besides, if there were no newbies, there'd be no "oldbies"! :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: newbie flood [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3307355 -

I'm new here, and i already notice some pretty dumbass posts :p I think i have a lot to offer to this community, and know i'll get lots back (already have, this place is a gold mine).


--------------------
Me, Myself, and GOD

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: newbie flood [Re: michotim002]
    #3307410 -

Quote:
Whats OTB?




off-track betting. it's the place where your mama meets your daddies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: newbie flood [Re: michotim002]
    #3307521 -

beerweeds may think they can drink and do drugs, but they dont know drinking till they meet the retired army guy at the old legion thats there opening-closing.  bragging about drinking a 12 pack and hurling is fucking dumb and beerweedish.  braging about drinking a 24 pack and taking out 200 germans, now theres a title one can hold proud.  frats are pussies, their like fisherman without real jobs :smirk:

you can drink/consume as much as your want, but its nothing if you cant handle it....


--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: newbie flood [Re: notapillow]
    #3307531 -

notapillow said:
i think td should be reopened to noobs
it scared of quite a few of them back in the old days



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: newbie flood [Re: Ripple]
    #3307590 -

Ripple said:
Yeah the whole thing about newbies not being able to get into OTD SUCKS IMO.
It's done nothing for the site, just brought down the level of posting in the pub.



thats not true.  Its done tons!

It keeps the annoyances away from the real party :wink:  and cuts down puppeteering. :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: newbie flood [Re: gdman]
    #3307690 -

There's much much more to be seen and to be experienced than will ever be allowed for those with less than noble ambitions...

For those that have yet to realize it.
Even though that is so, to realize it is one thing, to understand it is another. One may not undertand it yet they may, if they so choose so, to realize it and accept it. Without reason whatsoever and without fear.


--------------------

Awaken Within!

Edited by darkstar122982 (11/02/04 01:13 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: newbie flood [Re: darkstar122982]
    #3307703 -

Im a newb.

One reason you're probably seeing a lot of "beerweedish" posts is because all of the sudden OTD was just taken away. I wasnt even a poster as much as a viewer. Now i have to make at least 40 posts in order to get it back. Thats no reason to be rude but it is a reason to be abrupt. Whenever I can say anything I try to post so I can get back to viewing OTD. If anyones rude they might be just pissed that they have to make 40 posts just to view a forum which I think is kind of shitty....


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: newbie flood [Re: ICHMLASC]
    #3307751 -

That is true, I've never really thought of it, but the fact that 40 posts will get you OTD priviledges only supports post-whoring. If there's going to be a restriction it really should be a time one only.


--------------------
Without love in the dream
It will never come true

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: newbie flood [Re: ICHMLASC]
    #3307804 -

those people will promply get banned I'm sure.

And I think the timelimit is in ADDITION to the 40 posts..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: newbie flood [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #3307892 -

ToTheSummit said:
I think we ought to send them to OTD for a few months first, then if they survive they can test the waters of the PUB! :grin:

Of course its hard to play nice after a stint in OTD!  They'll probably all show up here proclaiming "I am Sir-tokes-a-lot and I love goatse!!"



Ohhh that post made me laugh so hard.

Quote:
I'm gonna start using that IRL! I think it could be used as a verb or a noun also.

"Hey dude! Don't be such a beerweed!"
or
"Dude! Don't beerweed out on me!"



Hanky and I have used that once or twice at home here.  ie) Dammit you are SUCH a bloody Beerweed.

Here are a few things I made when good old Beerweed was around.  He seems to be immortalized.  When he's around he's SUCH an irritation - and when he's gone you almost miss him.





--------------------
Prisoner#1:  Hanky doesn't send PMs to retards

UncleLuke:  That's not true.  Hanky has sent me a total of 3 PMs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: newbie flood [Re: gdman]
    #3309431 -

I will eat your soul.


--------------------
excuse me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Flash Floods...pics ToTheSummit 2,458 18 01/12/05 12:30 AM
by annielicious
* ToTheSummit ~ A Leerjet Interview & l s d On Our Minds
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 3,964 29 03/31/05 09:47 AM
by In(di)go
* flash flood watch Gr8fulJ420 790 5 03/30/06 07:22 AM
by eris
* Holy Flood Batman! A State of Emergency ThorA 770 2 06/20/05 02:08 AM
by hawksapprentice
* Happy Birthday ToTheSummit Thread
( 1 2 all )
LosAngelesGraff 2,970 20 05/12/08 12:10 AM
by Akira
* Flooding in Iowa
( 1 2 all )
adrug 1,573 20 06/17/08 09:34 AM
by outhere4
* Frog saves mouse in Indian floods *PIC* Amatoxin 1,466 13 07/01/06 05:04 PM
by Ythan
* ToTheSummit TheHateCamel 1,034 10 01/03/07 07:08 PM
by Deadmaker

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,834 topic views. 1 members, 17 guests and 101 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.