Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
I think my yard is infected with Psilocybe cubensis
    #3277482 -

I am new here, I did a search engine and found this site. I wanted to identify the mushrooms growing in my yard. It is like a forest of them out there. At least a hundred. I think they are Psilocybe cubensis. I did a spore print and it produced a purplish color. Is this correct. I will post a picture later. They are brown and have a nipple on the top. The stems are hollow, and the gills are a dark brown, but that might just be from age because they are at least a week old. This is the second time they have grown this year. The first time they were less abundant.

okay here is the pic




Edited by dtouchet (10/25/04 11:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think my yard is infected with Psilocybe cubensis [Re: dtouchet]
    #3277512 -

Why you say infected?
More like blessed.


--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think my yard is infected with Psilocybe cubensis [Re: Great Scott]
    #3277520 -

PeyoteZen said:
Why you say infected?
More like blessed.



Funny, I was thinking of typing those exact words. :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think my yard is infected with Psilocybe cubensis [Re: BitterPill]
    #3277600 -

I say infected because this year everything in my yard had a funal infection. I had to spray fugacide on my tress and plants almost all summer. This year has been a good year for fugus in Alabama.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think my yard is infected with Psilocybe cubensis [Re: dtouchet]
    #3277602 -

Sorry, not cubensis.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think my yard is infected with Psilocybe cubensis [Re: vc77]
    #3277617 -

Do you know what it is then anything special?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think my yard is infected with Psilocybe cubensis [Re: dtouchet]
    #3277637 -

of course it is special.. it is as alive and as intelligent as you are.. and its been around way before you have.. you are so lucky that your yard blew up like that.. im confused tho what is the harm of them to where one would need to spray fungicide?. and im not being sarcastic im serious . you make it sound like they were rotting your house away or something


--------------------
www.returntonature.us - wild foods blog


OM

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think my yard is infected with Psilocybe cubensis [Re: bmarley3434]
    #3277660 -

no no, I only sprayed the plants not the yard. They grow around the back of the yard next to the trees. I think they are nice looking actually. They look like a little forest.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think my yard is infected with Psilocybe cubensis [Re: dtouchet]
    #3277673 -

Quote:
    I had to spray fugacide




NoOoOoOooO. O . . . .  I'amm. . melting.. . . . :mushroom2:


--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think my yard is infected with Psilocybe cubensis [Re: Civ]
    #3277693 -

Please forgive me, I had no idea fungus was so important to you guys. I promise to only spray the roses from now on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think my yard is infected with Psilocybe cubensis [Re: dtouchet]
    #3277701 -

mushrooms af]re the fruti of the eartt

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think my yard is infected with Psilocybe cubensis [Re: vc77]
    #3277755 -

Don't use fungicide!!
WTF...Fungus is good for the underground ecosystem.
Anyone who tells you otherwise is a dolt.


--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think my yard is infected with Psilocybe cubensis [Re: vc77]
    #3277789 -

Quote:
mushrooms are the fruiti of the earth




Aye, and the flesh of the gods.


--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think my yard is infected with Psilocybe cubensis [Re: dtouchet]
    #3277887 -

the ones in the top left are not active, don't eat any of them However, the big brown one looks possibly to be a blue ringer or Cyan... does it bruise blue anywhere?>

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think my yard is infected with Psilocybe cubensis [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3278245 -

no not cubes..they kinda look similar to cyans or azures.. but i dont think so.. any bluing reaction?.. dont eat

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think my yard is infected with Psilocybe cubensis [Re: FecalDildo]
    #3279184 -

those mushrooms are Psathyrella velutina
not active.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think my yard is infected with Psilocybe cubensis [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3279197 -

2Experimental said:
the ones in the top left are not active, don't eat any of them However, the big brown one looks possibly to be a blue ringer or Cyan... does it bruise blue anywhere?>



Those species dont grow in Alabama, dude.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think my yard is infected with Psilocybe cubensis [Re: Mitchnast]
    #3279200 -

folks hes in alabama, none of those mushrooms are active but they do look nice.


--------------------
"Moderation is the key to life..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think my yard is infected with Psilocybe cubensis [Re: dtouchet]
    #3279201 -

Amazing how many people spray poison in their garden to kill various grasses, sneagles, bugs, mushrooms and so on.

If you dont like those, buy an appartment!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I think my yard is infected with Psilocybe cubensis dtouchet 1,243 1 10/26/04 01:44 AM
by angryshroom
* Any known look alikes for Psilocybe cubensis???
( 1 2 all )
freebird 85,244 25 09/17/08 09:32 PM
by Mitchnast
* Gulf Coast Psilocybe Cubensis: Growing in Alaska!~
( 1 2 all )
GGreatOne234 13,969 35 06/25/04 10:07 AM
by spores
* North Carolina Psilocybe cubensis found MolokoVelocet 23,024 10 09/08/20 03:37 PM
by Doc9151
* Psilocybe cubensis Pictorial: Fresly Pickedd mjshroomer 5,134 5 05/22/01 06:14 PM
by GGreatOne234
* Ecuadorian psilocybe cubensis learning_byte 4,209 3 04/14/04 01:18 PM
by learning_byte
* Psilocybe cubensis sightings DepthToTheCore 3,357 2 05/10/04 01:45 AM
by DepthToTheCore
* Psilocybe Cubensis in the Horse Stalls Again (FLA) 2 Pics GGreatOne234 3,788 11 08/12/03 09:22 AM
by GGreatOne234

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
5,240 topic views. 0 members, 12 guests and 59 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.