Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleOpera

Post security program you use.
    #3258648 - 10/20/04 10:53 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Everyone should post a security program that you use along with a link and a breif descripition. I'll give people an idea on what programs are out there to secure your computer.

-ad-aware se professional (http://www.lavasoftusa.com)
you the highest level of protection from known Data-mining, aggressive advertising, Parasites, Scumware, selected traditional Trojans, Dialers, Malware, Browser hijackers, and tracking components. Lavasoft new Code Sequence Identification (CSI) technology protects you from both known and unknown variants of these threats; and with the real-time protection of Ad-Watch you can block suspicious processes and browser hijack attempts from affecting your system.

-Spyware Blaster (http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html)
Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted pests. Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox.
Restrict the actions of potentially dangerous sites in Internet Explorer.

-Spybot (www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html)
Search & Destroy can detect and remove spyware of different kinds from your computer

-McAfee VirusScan (us.mcafee.com)
Prevents viruses when emailing, downloading and surfing Destroys viruses and virus-like threats Identifies spying and pop-up ad programs

-BlackICE PC Protection 5 (blackice.iss.net)
BlackICE PC Protection scans all inbound Internet traffic for suspicious activity on home or small business systems

- Protowall (www.bluetack.co.uk)
Protowall is a light weight program that runs in the background, taking up little CPU and memory, while blocking thousands of bad IP addresses. Remember this is not a replacement of any firewall programs that you have your computer or not.

- Opera (www.opera.com)
IE....what can we say? It's attacked by hackers, hated by users, in need of constant updates and upgrades, slow, bulky and ugly. Enter Opera. If I had to choose one adjective to describe Opera: Considerate. How often do you hear that about software?

If your not sure about the programs i use, go to download.com and search for whatever file and then click on CNET users opnions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOpera

Re: Post security program you use. [Re: Opera]
    #3258653 - 10/20/04 10:56 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

sorry, i accidently dubble post this thread. Can an all mightly mod delete one for me? =)

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
    #3278324 - 10/26/04 04:53 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

SMC Barricade Router and AVG Anti virus does the trick for me.

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

#3279097 - 10/26/04 11:14 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Offlinenonoman
ambassador
Male User Gallery

Loc: the wood
Re: Post security program you use. [Re: onetime]
    #3281003 - 10/26/04 07:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

If stealth is a concern, ditch Blackice.

--------------------

InvisibleOpera

Re: Post security program you use. [Re: nonoman]
    #3282135 - 10/26/04 10:45 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i forgot to add a security scanner for windows os that might be useful for some people. it's called Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer you can download it a microsoft.com.

Offlinebbbaaa
Stranger
    #3297673 - 10/30/04 02:08 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have heard good things about the Microsoft Security Analyzer people may want to check that one out.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #3309997 - 11/02/04 03:29 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

steganos is all you need for anonymity

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: Post security program you use. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3539739 - 12/24/04 03:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I actually wouldnt post the security program here. That already makes it less secure.. :wink:

But since I live in the land of the freedom I can reveal that I use panda anti virus and firewall. Also windows firewall. Before blackice.

--------------------

OfflineDimeBDRocker
Stranger
Re: Post security program you use. [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #4603689 - 08/31/05 12:54 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hello all,

I use BeClean, it does alot of stuff and works fast, its the most effective free cleaner I've found to date.

http://www.scancomplete.com/download/beclean/

I also use ad-aware, windows security center, and zone alarm

OfflineGulGen
Old Bird
Male User Gallery

Loc: I live in the Internet
Re: Post security program you use. [Re: DimeBDRocker]
    #4604943 - 08/31/05 06:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I see this is kind of an old thread that was brought up, but looks like it could be a good one. Here's a nice long list of stuff I use / keep around.

Opera: As previously mentioned, pretty good at stopping most random internet crap

McAfee VirusScan: Scans files for nasties as you read/write them and quarantines immediately if it detects anything bad. Might not be resource-friendly to slower computers, but I don't notice it at all (except very rare instances) on this one.

Spybot Search and Destroy: Useful if I suspect that I managed to get infected with something, and it's got an optional background service called TeaTimer that'll block suspicious registry changes unless you give them permission. If something bad does manage to load, more often than not this'll let me know and I can stop it before it does much of anything.

CrapCleaner (aka CCleaner): All-purpose deleter of usage tracks. Gets all of the standard Windows stuff and is continually expanded to get rid of traces left by other programs.

Ad-Aware: Only when I know something's infected, so it doesn't get much use, but has its moments.

TaskInfo2003: Kinda like it sounds - it gives very detailed information on all of the running tasks. If I get suspicious, this'll show me exactly what's running so I can check if there's anything there that shouldn't be, and where its coming from.

AutoHotKey: Just now starting to get into this. It's a very cool, vey powerful program for automating tasks, creating hotkeys and the like. I figure once I'm more familiar with it I'll rig up a figurative "big red button" or two.

KeyNote: A tabbed, hierarchical document editor, good for keeping organized notes. I'm counting this as a security program because it has an option to encrypt the files automatically.

Cryptainer: Great program, especially the better (non-free) versions. Creates an encrypted file that, when the proper password is supplied, it will mount as a virtual drive so that it can be used like any other drive within any Windows program. Unload it and it once again becomes a meaningless encrypted mess of a file on the HD, untouchable without the pass. There's a free version limited to 2.5MB, but higher versions go essentially unlimited (250GB per virtual drive, up to four loaded at a time)

HijackThis: Something that I thought I had on here, but can't find. Pretty much the standard tool for knowledgeable users to clean up spyware and stuff that other things won't get.

...and I figure I'll be getting a firewall soon enough since I'll no longer be networked behind one. Maybe zonealarm or something. I haven't checked into them for awhile.

For reference, pretty much all of these were originally found (or at least can be found) at  Majorgeeks . Very highly recommended to those looking for any sort of geeky freeware / shareware computer tools, all guaranteed to be free of spyware and all that other nasty stuff.  :thumbup:

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#4606592 - 08/31/05 11:18 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

linux
router's firewall
gaim encryption
and that's about it...

fuck windows & all its troubles - linux is where it's at.

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
Re: Post security program you use. [Re: Vvellum]
    #4622659 - 09/05/05 01:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

How come with steganos MIRC can find your true ip within minutes.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: Post security program you use. [Re: Fluxburn]
    #4624221 - 09/06/05 12:36 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

huh?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom