Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Tuesday morning Cyan hunt
    #3251985 -

Went back again to my Bothell spot thats been great, got another 3/4 pound today.  Left another 50-60 pins again.  The weather has been absolutely perfect so far.  My other spot got molested and someone tore the ground up... PLEASE USE SCISSORS SO THAT MORE CAN GROW...pisses me off sometimes  :mad2:

Anyways, while I was picking the mature babies I left from last hunt, I found a new patch 10 yards away covered in a bunch of leaves.  At least 1/2 my batch today came from this little 5x5ft square of covered mulch!



--------------------
Anxious for the rainy season....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tuesday morning Cyan hunt [Re: NWuser]
    #3252101 -

awesome!!! :thumbup:


and yes, scissors = k3y


--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."


Puget Sound Mycological Society

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tuesday morning Cyan hunt [Re: Psilygirl]
    #3252126 -

Nice healthy patch you've got there. Fortunately, it blends in with the leaves pretty well so it's less likely to be found by a patch raper. Enjoy :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tuesday morning Cyan hunt [Re: BitterPill]
    #3252136 -

Yeah I went down to a park after I got myself a big bag of Dick's, and found cyans on the pathway, with woodchips still intact, that had been ripped from the earth and carelessly dropped by the schmuck who picked em.

oh and btw, Dick's is fast food. :smirk:


--------------------
Ph.dizzle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tuesday morning Cyan hunt [Re: SweetLeaf]
    #3252244 -

Ah! Yes that's where my first patch was. 2 Weeks ago it was completely raped and stomped all over. Damn whoever is doing that.

Quote:
SweetLeaf said:
Yeah I went down to a park after I got myself a big bag of Dick's, and found cyans on the pathway, with woodchips still intact, that had been ripped from the earth and carelessly dropped by the schmuck who picked em.

oh and btw, Dick's is fast food. :smirk:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tuesday morning Cyan hunt [Re: BitterPill]
    #3252256 -

yeah i swung by there briefly and the place was indeed torn up, and someone dropped their scissors!  must have had to jet quickly... made me wonder if that place is under police scrutiny

oh well i got me a nice new pair of scissors! :grin:


--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."


Puget Sound Mycological Society

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tuesday morning Cyan hunt [Re: Psilygirl]
    #3252285 -

Psilygirl said:
yeah i swung by there briefly and the place was indeed torn up, and someone dropped their scissors!  must have had to jet quickly... made me wonder if that place is under police scrutiny

oh well i got me a nice new pair of scissors! :grin:



Hello, I use to pic my LibCaps with scissors as well, but here "they" say that that is not good cause it would give rotting a chance.

Now I am lost, why do you use scissors here or are there just different opinions on this forum about this subject?

Sincerely,
MF


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tuesday morning Cyan hunt [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3252291 -

hmm, i only fully pick mushrooms without scissors on my homegrown cubensis casings to prevent rot.

on wild patches its best to use scissors to not damage the mycelium


--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."


Puget Sound Mycological Society

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tuesday morning Cyan hunt [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3252300 -

There are mixed opinions, but the general consenses for cyan picking is that it is best to use scissors. By doing this you don't pull up any woodchips, or damage the delicate myclium, which one would presume, inhibits or slows growth.


--------------------
Ph.dizzle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tuesday morning Cyan hunt [Re: SweetLeaf]
    #3252623 -

contamination is unlikely to happen outdoors


--------------------
]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tuesday morning Cyan hunt [Re: Wysefool]
    #3252792 -

Thanks you folks, I will stick to my scissors then to cut my libs! It feels respectfull anyway...
I cannot imagine that when I draw a family of libcaps out of the soil that it does not affect the mycelium. More then cutting does imho.

Anyway thanks again 4 the reactionzzzzzzzzz (bed time here 2 in the morning)

MF


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tuesday morning Cyan hunt [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3255981 -

those are nice and hidden


--------------------
I'm in a Magical Mushroom land!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Mj, Bitterpill and Friend's Sunday Cyan Hunt mjshroomer 1,187 11 12/20/04 07:28 AM
by motaman
* Friday's Cyan Hunt with @cro mjshroomer 1,496 14 10/31/04 01:45 PM
by mjshroomer
* Saturday morning cyans spores 1,391 12 11/23/03 08:07 PM
by tastyshroom
* Cyan Hunting in Florence, OR Datrutankdogg69 1,344 5 01/10/02 06:29 PM
by Datrutankdogg69
* another pan cyan hunt (and some cubes too) Supernova 1,124 3 11/08/04 09:07 PM
by Rebirtha
* Some Tuesday Morning Cyans to Gaze Upon mjshroomer 881 2 11/16/04 10:01 PM
by mjshroomer
* my morning mushroom hunt NiGGy 2,408 4 05/10/03 07:41 AM
by aeonblue
* Dec 22, 2003 Cyan Hunt and 1 Broken Camera mjshroomer 1,363 10 12/27/03 10:39 PM
by twistedweather

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,180 topic views. 2 members, 19 guests and 27 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.