Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrippinRhino
addict

Loc: TX
Vacuum seal your perishable fruits
    #321374 - 05/20/01 01:18 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hey y'all,
someone asked the question the other day: "how long can I store fresh B+"...I made a post in there telling how i like to use a vacuum sealer. I hope this is not off topic. I think that storage of your fruits is the final step in cultivation. I think the experience is waaay better when those babys are fresh. Maybe it is just me. I think the body noise is less and the visuals are a little nicer. The whole deal is just a little kinder. Anyway, I don't dry anything! I vacuum seal them. I have had fruits stay fresh up to 24 days when they are vac sealed. I have never tried for longer. I admit they were a little slimy when they were opened up. BUT, they were NOT funky! we ate them just the same and they were beautiful. Fruits that have been sealed for 14-18 days and kept in the fridge are as fresh as they day they were picked....I PROMISE. They are put straight into a bag and sealed straight from the source. This allows you to keep the nice fresh feelin' longer. In turn, allowing you and your friends to enjoy them on YOUR schedule. Has anyone else given this a try? Vacuum sealers are kinda pricy. The cheapest one I have seen is at Target for 60 bucks. It comes with a roll of bags. Search online or check out your local Target. I bought mine online. It is a pretty good one. Price $107 on Mastercard. Fresh fungus anytime, priceless....

--------------------
All rhinos are endangered species...save the rhinos

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
Re: Vacuum seal your perishable fruits [Re: TrippinRhino]
    #321426 - 05/20/01 03:18 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

i have never tried vacuum sealin shrooms just because of 2 simple facts:
1. i get zero effects from wet.
2. the taste of wet mushrooms, makes me gag on intake.

...and about the effects i get (zero) when i eatm wet isnt  because i dont/didnt eat enough, trust me... i ate enough to make tom trip 3x over.....lol
sorry tom....had to think of a comparison....
...it sux....& i am not even a 4th of toms weight... i only weigh 130 lbs.
oops...sorry tom....just fuckn with ya':)

~fortyounces2freedom~ & ~disconnectedhaze~

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Offlineegghead
veteran
Loc: Milky Way
Re: Vacuum seal your perishable fruits [Re: TrippinRhino]
    #321454 - 05/20/01 05:32 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Here's another good set of vacuum containers. If you don't want to spend that much, you can get the wine save set and just drill holes in Mason lids to use them w/ jars. Works great.

* Contributor to the Free Spore Ring

--------------------
Where there's skill, there's a better way..

OfflineTrippinRhino
addict

Loc: TX
Re: Vacuum seal your perishable fruits [Re: 40oz]
    #321740 - 05/20/01 02:56 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

40oz, I am sorry that the fresh ones don't do it for ya! I can't believe that! They do much more for me than dried. I think they taste better fresh than dry. Every one is different i guess. I don't really mind the taste of them at all. I munch 'em completlely up when they are fresh. Dry ones make you work up the spit to swallow them, eeww. Fresh ones to me are like celery. Nice and wet, easy to munch! I tell you this: If you will take your dose and stuff it all in you mouth at once 20-25 grams, and take a big 'ol swig of arange juice, you can munch them up with the OJ in your mouth. You will taste nothing but the OJ. Or you can take them and put'em in a blender with a heaping table spoon of frozen OJ concentrate and 2 tablespoons of water. Hit the puree for about 10 seconds. Pour it in a glass and shoot it down. That is what I do for friend who can't stomach the taste. They always have an easy time like this.

--------------------
All rhinos are endangered species...save the rhinos

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract