Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
A Perfect Circle and Imagine
    #3202544 -

Just listen to the original song....... Then listen to the cover. Maynard's genius stroke again.

Lennon's song Imagine was a message of hope for all human beings on the planet. Even 33 years later, they still didn't get it. They are poisoning our cradle, they are torturing and oppressing people only for their own profit and their selfish will..

That explains the dark mood of the song. A generation later, things got way worse and the most famous message of hope lost all his meaning and dreams. Just by hearing Maynard's eerie voice you'll notice an agonizing Lennon, a Lennon who still tries to wake everyone up to the dirty reality surrounding us.

It is an amazing parallel from Maynard. The song is the same, yet it looks like the complete opposite of what it used to be. As if hope slipped away forever, with few chances of redemption...


--------------------
I'm floating in the sea of stars,
I'm drifting away from the shore
I will be lost in the dream when the dark days come
But I will make the time run backwards and
I'll make the stars shine again

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Perfect Circle and Imagine [Re: Snape]
    #3202561 -

yea howard stern played it the other day...i dont like it....but then again i dont liek tool at all either :shrug: its not bad just not even close to the original

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Perfect Circle and Imagine [Re: Snape]
    #3202568 -

Everybody misses Lennon...tragic that he was jerked away from us by a handgun


--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty


You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Perfect Circle and Imagine [Re: Snape]
    #3202622 -

good stuff.


--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe



~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Perfect Circle and Imagine [Re: Snape]
    #3203178 -

Yeah that has nothing to do with Imagine.  That's just some other lame song with the lyrics from Imagine slapped over it.  I would say the vocals from imagine but he even totally changed the vocal melody.

:thumbdown: As ghey as Puff Daddy's 'cover' of Kashmir

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Perfect Circle and Imagine [Re: question_for_joo]
    #3205775 -

I like it. A cover song doesn't have to be very similar to the real song. Listen to Marilyn Manson "Sweet Dreams" or Weird Al "Bohemian Polka."


--------------------
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
"Hey daddy, president Bush tried marijuana, I think I will."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Perfect Circle and Imagine [Re: Snape]
    #3205852 -

It's not a bad cover, but I still VASTLY prefer the original.

BigNerd


--------------------
Sometimes karma needs a little help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: Snape]
    #3205858 -

.

Edited by Yrtlzmo (02/06/13 02:09 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Perfect Circle and Imagine [Re: Snape]
    #3206034 -

Depressingly depressing.







--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Perfect Circle and Imagine [Re: Yrtlzmo]
    #3206161 -

Maynard has done more than just copy. This is what has made a lot of people look upon him as genius, maybe of the creative kind, but also because of the complex and heartfelt messages that tool's songs are built upon. I think the cover does the purpose justice. We live in a different time, with different problems, a different society, so why does it feel like we are stuck in a vicious circle, making the same mistakes, living in the same self-created misery?

Covers can be powerful reminders of what hasn't changed, what was and what is, for the better or worse. This one does just that. References a painful past, a still unanswered but hopeful call for love and peace.

:heart:


--------------------
Turn on your lovelight, let it shine on me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Perfect Circle and Imagine [Re: lovelight]
    #3206172 -

It's a pretty good cover I guess. I just can't take depressing music.





--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Perfect Circle and Imagine [Re: Snape]
    #3206952 -

I think it's a pretty good cover. But the best part is getting this amazing song reproduced today when it's message is really needed.


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Perfect Circle and Imagine [Re: Snape]
    #3207567 -

does anyone have a copy of the cover? I can't seem to find a copy of it anywhere


--------------------
--------------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Perfect Circle and Imagine [Re: WildCardsRevenge]
    #3207598 -



--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe



~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Perfect Circle and Imagine [Re: WildCardsRevenge]
    #3207602 -

http://tinyurl.com/6q4ua
The url is for a streaming version though. I downloaded it from a p2p program.


--------------------
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
"Hey daddy, president Bush tried marijuana, I think I will."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Perfect Circle and Imagine [Re: thepodman]
    #3207637 -

Thanks guys, I actually had that link before but media player was being jewish and refused to play it, but I got it to work with the real player

thanks you guys,

Great cover!


--------------------
--------------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* "Let's have a war" by A Perfect Circle
( 1 2 3 all )
Adamist 4,812 40 12/09/04 01:21 PM
by CaRnAgECaNdY
* A Perfect Circle...new album, video online also myndreach 1,454 9 08/28/04 11:32 PM
by Tasty_Smurf_House
* Happy Birthday Maynard.(belated) CaRnAgECaNdYS 2,861 17 04/19/05 12:00 PM
by Triplexiosis
* Maynard finds Jesus
( 1 2 3 4 all )
catalyst777 5,191 76 04/05/05 08:49 PM
by In(di)go
* APC Imagine Vid and Maynard Clip Locus 896 5 10/07/04 12:00 PM
by Locus
* Funny story about Drum circle in Woods orizon 2,769 12 06/16/14 01:15 PM
by Turtletotem
* POST SOME GOOD MUSIC TO GET YOUR MIND OFF THINGS...
( 1 2 3 all )
bf6 3,872 45 11/04/04 10:47 AM
by Vvellum
* "the noose" by a perfect circle is perfect and amazing
( 1 2 all )
DistortedEyes 3,918 27 06/30/05 02:36 AM
by CaRnAgECaNdY

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,218 topic views. 3 members, 5 guests and 186 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.003 seconds on 14 queries.