Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepenguingenius
Stranger
Yellow Fly Argaric
    #3149031 - 09/17/04 05:54 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

hello all,

it's been a few days since I last posted and put up pics of amanita's that I had found...after some careful research after posting we came to the conclusion that they were yellow fly argaric which are found in abundance in my area, I learned this from the local native americans...anyways..we ate the ones that you seen in the post and I must say aside from gacking.....the experience was wonderful....the crescent moon the night I ate looked as if I could swing on it...meaning it looked like it was that close to me....I had an experience I would do again and again....we had another 6 inches of rain 2 days ago and went hunting today and so far....and we ran across other's out on the hunt to but so far today's haul is in excess of 5lb's of fresh yellow argarics.......1 in itself is near 2lbs with a 12+ inch stem and a cap that fully opened would make a dinner plate look small....we are finding these primarily in paper birch stands that are rich in decaying humas from leaves and downed trees.....all though I did find one nice one in a pine stand today...the only one in the area but it was a very nice looking argaric...I would post pic's of the monster we found but once again the camera is in the pawn shop to buy gas to go hunting....camera or shrooms I chose shrooms  :wink:

Anyways the next couple days I'm quite sure we will put on several hundred miles covering the 4x4 trails in the national forest on our quest and with stiff competition from the natives every shroom counts......happy hunting people...I'm off to play some more

PEACE!!!! and if this evening's experience and hunting go well I'll be back to post again....and to read any posts to this thread.

L8R

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification