Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekontron
captain planet
Loc: Eden
planning the future gardens. Questions????????????????
    #3143936 - 09/16/04 02:05 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

right now i live in a nice year round sun and warmth area. i have 2 san pedros growing outside, and i planned on getting more, and maybe some other types of cacti. my g/f wants to move north to portland OR. would i be able to grow cactus very well in an area like that? i am sure i would have to bring them inside in the cool seasons, but would a greenhouse work?
if i was unable to grow them in that area can i cut and dry cactus and use the same tek (i use mjshroomers) to extract the good stuff. how long would dried cacti last? peyote, san pedro, and peruvian torch to be exact.
i was thinking about getting enough doses to last a few years, and dry out the cacti before we left, but i would not want to do this if it would turn out the cacti would not be good in a years time. i would not want to chop down something i will not use. too wasteful.
we were also trying to get a place that had an oak tree in front or back, or near, so we could get a ton of aminita spores and maybe get something to grow on it's own. i know amanitas are very difficult to grow and need a tree to grow under that is why i would choose a place that has a suitable tree outside. other thenoak (or pine i think) what can amanita grow under?
and what is the legal status of spores in OR? i know in cali they are illegal. is'nt this supposed to be a very liberal state? can some one point me in the right direction???????
has anyone ever tried planting spores and letting the shrooms go on their own? i would think this should work well if we have the right stuff to grow them on outside?????

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineF0SS1L
Prehistoric Cyborg

Loc: 216
Re: planning the future gardens. Questions???????????????? [Re: kontron]
    #3144170 - 09/16/04 02:56 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I live in Ohio, which gets pretty cold in the winter (sometimes 0 F) and my pedro does fine. I got it last winter as a cutting and it survived the whole winter without any roots and this summer it more than doubled in size. I dont know how the Oregon winters and summers compare to Ohio, but my Pedro has survived a pretty wide range of temperature (of course I bring it inside in the winter though).
You should be able to get spores sent to OR. They're only illegal in CA, Georgia, and Idaho. Cant tell you anything about amanitas though. I've never grown them.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Re: planning the future gardens. Questions???????????????? [Re: F0SS1L]
    #3144766 - 09/16/04 05:26 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

A greenouse would work great for cactus, they love warm temps and you can control there water intake better. You can make a PVC framed polytunnel for under $80 easily. I have tons of torch seeds if you want to trade, pm me.

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Re: planning the future gardens. Questions???????????????? [Re: Gr0wer]
    #3144906 - 09/16/04 06:13 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i was going to build one, but was unshure of how warm it would be in the winter in portland..even in a greenhouse. of course i have only been in a greenhouse in the middle of summer... god that was too hot. so that leads me to a question..
can it get too hot in a greenhouse in the summer? would i have to make air flaps or something? i will not be building the greenhouse until i move, which i think will be the end of april. that would be the perfect time i think to start it.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Re: planning the future gardens. Questions???????????????? [Re: kontron]
    #3144961 - 09/16/04 06:27 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yes it can get too hot and flaps should be made and opened during the peak summer days. A fan can also be used if flaps dont cut it, also it cycles in fresh air buc cacti dont use much air anyways. If you going through the troubble of making a greenhouse why not throw a few MJ plants in too since you can't see through poly anyways. :wink:

http://users.ntplx.net/~davesas/ghouse.htm

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Re: planning the future gardens. Questions???????????????? [Re: Gr0wer]
    #3145805 - 09/16/04 09:34 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i was thinking of doing that too.. i want my whole yard to turn into a huge garden.. of course plants that can stand a winter would go outside. i thought it would be cool if i could get some amanitas growing natural. or any other shrooms for that matter. i would only eat those on very rare times when i want an intense o.b.e. kind of thing. it would be cool to walk out and have a choice of what kind of trip i would like to take. and it would also be an awesome place to trip in. i'm such a nerd i even drew out blue prints and rough designs, even though it is 7 months away and we dont even have a place there yet...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom