Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesecretmachine
lover of mystery

help id please PICS
    #3143552 - 09/16/04 12:53 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry about the image size, this is my first time posting pics!

i found this mushie in a yard along with some boletus and puffballs. I have never seen this kind before, so i would like some id help. the first pic..

and number 2

ok some more details.. it smells milder than most mushrooms.. the cap is hard, but not solid hard.. like leather. the gills are kinda hard to see but they are yellowish white. or maybe caramel. it hasnt rained in a few days, but it has been raining at night sometimes. and i dont have any black paper, so i am not sure how i would get a spore print. If its necessary i will find a way..

thanks in advance!

sm

--------------------
---
A civilization based on authority-and-submission is a civilization without the means of self-correction. Effective communication flows only one way: from master-group to servile-group. Any cyberneticist knows that such a one-way communication channel lacks feedback and cannot behave "intelligently."

the principle of authority" was the "eminently theological, metaphysical and political idea that the masses, always incapable of governing themselves, must submit at all times to the benevolent yoke of a wisdom and a justice, which in one way or another, is imposed from above."
"no one should be entrusted with power, inasmuch as anyone invested with authority must . . . became an oppressor and exploiter of society."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: help id please PICS [Re: secretmachine]
    #3143958 - 09/16/04 02:08 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Generaly we'd need to know everything in the rules thread, but in this case the ID is fairly easy, at least down to a genus.

You see how your mushrooms are exuding a milky latext fluid out of the gills where they are damaged?

Only mushrooms in the Lactarius genus have these characteristics(to my knowledge).

So there you have it, you've got some species of Lactarius. Some are edible(I'd imagine some are poisonous as well), but I've heard the taste and texture isn't great.

Offlinesecretmachine
lover of mystery

Re: help id please PICS [Re: Gumby]
    #3145394 - 09/16/04 08:02 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

thanks gumby.. looks like its a velvety milk cap (lactarius fallax) or at least everything matches and it looks just like the pics except for i found it in a lawn and not under trees.  Oh but we got a good rainstorm right now so maybe tomorrow i'll have some more to show off :smile: 

sm

--------------------
---
A civilization based on authority-and-submission is a civilization without the means of self-correction. Effective communication flows only one way: from master-group to servile-group. Any cyberneticist knows that such a one-way communication channel lacks feedback and cannot behave "intelligently."

the principle of authority" was the "eminently theological, metaphysical and political idea that the masses, always incapable of governing themselves, must submit at all times to the benevolent yoke of a wisdom and a justice, which in one way or another, is imposed from above."
"no one should be entrusted with power, inasmuch as anyone invested with authority must . . . became an oppressor and exploiter of society."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates