Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineRebecca
Stranger
Shroom research anyone?
    #3138775 - 09/15/04 01:09 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'm new to the Shroomery. I stumbled across this site while doing research for a research proposal for one of my classes. This is where you all come in...

I'm in my third year in college down here in sunny Florida, and while partaking in activities that Floridian college students like to do, I came up with an idea.

I'm a psychology major, and one of my classes is research methods in psychology. In this class we have to write a research proposal to submit to the psychology department to possibly attain funding for a research project. What better topic than that of hallucinogens are cleansers for the brain?

So I have until December to get this together, but I really think there's something to this, and since you all are experts, maybe you could give me some pointers on interesting topics to search out. I have access to a massive research library, including psychinfo and psycharticles. I'm excited about this project, can you tell?? I'm looking forward to hearing from yall. Peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: Shroom research anyone? [Re: Rebecca]
    #3139214 - 09/15/04 02:57 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Hello and Welcome to the Shroomery! :laugh:

You have come to the right place. Here on the Shroomery You will find a lot of different data starting from mushroom hunting and cultivation to other drugs, trip reports, music, art, philosophical discourses etc. etc. Stick around, take Your time, check all the different forums we have here, search posts and do not hesitate to ask for help and advice.

Much love to You and good luck with Your studies! :heart::mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #3139387 - 09/15/04 03:45 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Welcome to the Shroomery,,,,,  :smirk:

Offlineangryjslice
now with 20%more anger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3141298 - 09/15/04 09:47 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

>>What better topic than that of hallucinogens are cleansers for the brain?

i dunno about that, but i would love to see some EEG waves of people on various hallucinogens, versus the same people sober.

also i think that extremely low doses of hallucinogens have been very overlooked as perception enhancers.

just some thoughts... good luck!

~JSlice~

--------------------

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
    #3154539 - 09/19/04 10:55 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

One interesting topic has been the use of magic mushrooms with cluster headaches. I'm not sure how much research has been done with this topic but it could help giving mushrooms a good name.

If your univsersity has good equipment like a PET, you can check out the images of the brain while people are on mushrooms.

Or even see how different strains vary in their trips, that's something many people here always debate.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract