Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
A New Enthusiast
    #3068367 -

Greetings Myconauts!

I?m a new enthusiast to this scene, so I thought I?d post a quick note to introduce myself. My awesome boyfriend, Gr8fulJ420, has been talking about this site since I first met him, and only just now am I poking my own head in here to see what all is going on. So many posts! So little time! There is no way I can possibly keep up with all that is going on in all the forums on this site! WOW!!! What mycological nerd (such as myself) could ever possibly resist such a wealth of good information and great vibes streaming from such friendly people! 

I graduated with a degree in Biological/Pre-Medical Illustration and Botany (which means I can illustrate plants really well? so if anyone needs a great drawing, just let me know!). Right now I?m working to support my college loans and musical travels as I try to decide what to get my masters in. Right now I?m evenly torn between Botany, Horticulture and Mycology, but maybe after reading everything that you people have to say, I?ll start leaning towards the last option :wink:

Just thought that I?d say hi so that I don?t frighten or offend anyone with a post or pm. Continue to rock on, and I hope to meet several of you at the Iowa gathering!

:grin: :smile: :laugh: :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Enthusiast [Re: agr8fulchick]
    #3068408 -

Welcome! It's great to meet you, you sound like an awesome person, just like your boyfriend. :gd_icon:


--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Enthusiast [Re: agr8fulchick]
    #3068426 -

hi, Welcome :-)
My advice is Horticulture :-) it has a little bit of all your
choices in one course.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Enthusiast [Re: Loki]
    #3068464 -

I do enjoy horticulture! It is an amazing art to be able to grow healthy and happy plants. I have a number of plants growing in my apartment, and my latest challenge is growing live plants in one of my aquariums (still working on that one a bit? plants underwater can be quite picky!).  Every horticulture nerd needs a good pathologist, so maybe I could be a horticulturist with a mycology emphasis? So many amazing things to learn in one short lifetime! Thanks for the advice! I?m thinking of taking a Master Gardener course next summer too. :sun:

I love the funny look that people give you when you say you want to be a mycologist! :mushroom2: And then after you tell them that mycologists work with fungus, they usually give you another funny look- like who would want to work with slimy fuzzy molds. I do I do! It?s fun to specialize in something rare like mushrooms

Thanks for saying hi!
:mushroom2: :hippie:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Enthusiast [Re: agr8fulchick]
    #3068501 -

We share a hobby, this is my tank and some of my orchids :-)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Enthusiast [Re: agr8fulchick]
    #3068515 -

Greetings and salutations.  Hope to meet you and your bf at the gathering!  :cool:


--------------------
Remember..if the women don't find ya handsome,they should atleast find ya handy!


I do what i can with what i don't have!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Enthusiast [Re: Loki]
    #3068599 -

Those are beautiful orchids! I have a friend who is an orchid buff, and I know how hard they are to grow (especially here in Iowa). Congrats to you on your success!  :thumbup:

You have a very lovely fish tank as well, I don't have any photos to show of mine, but I have 3 tanks and a 5 gal. betta tank (with 3 neons). The other tanks are 29, 20 and 10 gallons. I'm a huge fan of Lake Tanganyika cichlids, but unfortunately, I just lost my top four fish to a heater that broke and heated the water to over 96 degrees while I was at work last week.  :frown: My 20 gallon turned in to a jungle, and I gave it a haircut that was a bit too drastic, and now I'm regrowing it. Thanks for sharing your pics!  :smile: :sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Enthusiast [Re: iluan]
    #3068604 -

I will definately see you at the gathering! Wouldn't miss it for the world  :hippie:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Enthusiast [Re: agr8fulchick]
    #3068622 -

:tongue2:  Good to hear, sure to be some good times.  :rasta:


--------------------
Remember..if the women don't find ya handsome,they should atleast find ya handy!


I do what i can with what i don't have!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Enthusiast [Re: iluan]
    #3068637 -

Here is a pic of some of the fish I have. These aren't my actual fish, but mine look just like them, and they are little devils! They attack my hands when I try to clean their tank every time. They make homes in shells and will dive right under the sand if you scare them!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Enthusiast [Re: agr8fulchick]
    #3068639 -

Please visit the OTD for some refreshments

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Enthusiast [Re: goobler]
    #3068642 -

goobler said:
Please visit  the OTD for some refreshments



haha i'm sure her BF warned her of you OTD freaks!  :shocked:


--------------------
Remember..if the women don't find ya handsome,they should atleast find ya handy!


I do what i can with what i don't have!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Enthusiast [Re: agr8fulchick]
    #3068651 -

Those little buggers tend to destroy plants in tanks  :cuss:

but nice fish non the less :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Enthusiast [Re: agr8fulchick]
    #3068663 -

P's, if you drew your avatar, that really is fine work :thumbup:
A friend painted these for me for my birthday last year.





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Post deleted by Anno [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #3068682 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Enthusiast [Re: Loki]
    #3068700 -

Tell your friend that those are beautiful! I'm a big watercolor fan!  :thumbup: I took a splendid mycology class at Lake Okoboji and I photographed many of the mushrooms that we collected there. I'd like to make drawings/paintings of them but I can't find the zip disk that they are stored on. Maybe after I clean the apartment...

Anyway, here are some other plant drawings, and the first one is a to-scale drawing (sorry for the pun!) of my first betta. The plants are a rose (obviously), squills, a spider wort, a sugar maple branch, and a tiger lilly.












Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Enthusiast [Re: agr8fulchick]
    #3068736 -

Well coming from someone who is quite the artist himself.. those are nice works of art. )


--------------------
Remember..if the women don't find ya handsome,they should atleast find ya handy!


I do what i can with what i don't have!

Edited by iluan (08/30/04 11:04 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Enthusiast [Re: agr8fulchick]
    #3068743 -

Wow  :eek:
You do have talent :-)

Is beautiful

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Enthusiast [Re: iluan]
    #3068751 -

Thank you iluan, that's quite a compliment!  :grin: I'm always excited to see artwork, and coming from the shroomery, I can only assume that you're a pretty cool person as well as an artist. I don't suppose that you have any scanned art that you can share with us? What types of media do you dabble in? I'm strong in watercolor, graphite and pen/ink, and I keep trying at digital, but it keeps evolving faster than my old computer and I can keep up with it! Thanks for the post  :sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Enthusiast [Re: agr8fulchick]
    #3068770 -

:frown:

that was a short visit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Any one here major in horticulture science? Tesseract11 449 5 01/22/12 10:17 PM
by chopstick
* UFO Enthusiasts Abuzz Over Indonesian Crop Circles    
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
skatealex2 10,581 156 01/25/11 10:02 PM
by DeadHearts
* Looking for fellow enthusiasts in northern UT, salt lake area newbie2010 465 6 04/18/10 01:41 AM
by UnholyChild666
* Attention DXM/syrup enthusiasts--you have GOT to hear this
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
st1llnox 9,648 138 08/24/13 06:51 AM
by Adden
* Attention Car Enthusiasts
( 1 2 3 4 all )
TrancedShroom 4,340 79 09/22/09 03:40 PM
by Prisoner#1
* I'm retiring from psychs, from being a 'drug enthusiast' and from the shroomery
( 1 2 3 all )
quencho092 4,654 52 09/13/11 01:18 PM
by The Whale
* Boa Enthusiasts
( 1 2 3 all )
MorphinTime 4,305 50 10/09/11 07:02 PM
by Mr.PhilCybin
* Do you feel that some psychedelic enthusiasts, deliberately reject alcohol...
( 1 2 3 all )
Celestial Traveler 4,379 40 09/29/12 05:18 PM
by mukhail

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,372 topic views. 3 members, 132 guests and 229 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.