Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
More giant Buddha images from a day off of shrooming
    #3040883 -

Well AS I noted in the lkast post witht he images of Big Buddha, I stopped in a restaurant i near Ma Sot, Burma for lunch with my fiekld assistants and colleagues.

HEre is another fish that i managed to photograph before going to the border to get my Thai visa and check for a few shrooms.



So hetre I was crossing over the Freedom Bridge to Burma from Thailand. I noticed several large monster truck innertubes floating across the river from the Burmese side tot he Thai border size. I took a few photos and got yelled at by some people crossing the bridge along side me. Kids yelled out Hello as loud as possible. one soldier told me no photos of river.

Here is one of those images of two innertubes with Burmese refugees illegally swimming to Thailand. I saw them exchange something with some soldiers when one readched the border. That is what prompted me to take these images.

Here you can see two of these innertubeds l with fully dressed passengers paddling to freedom.



A close up which I cropped and then had to enlarge 100 percent so it pixelated a little to show you how they were dressed crossing the wide river.

Wonder if they do this a the Rio Grande in Texas.



This Chedi in Ma Sot, Burma is alledgedly 5,000 years old and is two inch gold plated chedi.

It had a lot of ornamental creatures surrounding the wall but I wa in a tri-shaw with a guide and driver and it was uncomfortable and the kid was trying to cheat me of money for long 3-4 km rides to his friends personal jewellry shops.

I took this image when passing the Chedi as he told me part of its long t history.



I took two images of this Chedi and this was the best of the two.

Now, I am back on the road to Tak from Ma Sot. HEre are two road pictures to show you the up and coming mountains we will be driving up to the Taksiunmaharat National Park.

Here before we reah Tak are these two mountain images. A little surreal due to using photoshop to correct the contrast.



and another view of the mountain



Now comes another Big Buddha imae.

I actually remember a trip in 1991 from Changmai to Lumphun (Kingdom of Haripunchai) to Lumpang to Tak and then to Sukothai (400 km) in 12 hours on a honda 100. Goinf by Tak turnoff I remember looking up a mountain side and seing a wat with a giant looking Buddha from the highway.

Here is that very Buddha form up the mountain near Tak.





A temple kitty cat was kinda cute. He tossed and turned and rolled on his back meaowing for petting experience.

Those images blurred but i got a halfway decent shot.




A closeup of the Buddha



A hydra on the side of the stairwell up tothe buddha



Another shot of the Buddha from below



And this last image is just when we are getting ready to leave for our arrival at the TaksinMaharat National Forest



I will work on the Copelandia images for the shroom hunting forum later today.

Mj

and have a shroomy day.

Hoope this post is okay in this forum since it can be discussed about my adventures across Thailand.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More giant Buddha images from a day off of shrooming [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3040916 -

Very cool MJ! thank you for sharing. That must be one hell of a place to eat mushrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More giant Buddha images from a day off of shrooming [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3040930 -

cool pics :thumbup:


--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More giant Buddha images from a day off of shrooming [Re: Adom]
    #3040971 -

very cool mj


--------------------
Without love in the dream
It will never come true

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More giant Buddha images from a day off of shrooming [Re: Hooty]
    #3041025 -

Gotta love it! wish i had the money to do some traveling.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More giant Buddha images from a day off of shrooming [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3041054 -

Thailand looks like an interesting place to live. Are you employed there or living off savings or what?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More giant Buddha images from a day off of shrooming [Re: question_for_joo]
    #3041145 -

Every so ummer-fall since 1985 I have taken people on personal motorcycle adventures to Koh Samui Thailand and to Angkor Wat, Cambodia. For a price which includeds roundtrip airfare to and from USA/Canada to Bangkok, includeds all hotels, resort areas bungalows, meals, motorcycle rentals and a visit tot eh King of Thailand's Private Gardens.After the 187 day trip is over, I work at chulalongkorn university with my colleague and go on many intereresting mushroom picking trips with him and his students.,

I also get a free condo with cable, tv, icebox and DVD, plus be and a beautiful view of the city.



I eat well also not n having to spend my own money as the professor buys me most all meals, as he s does for students and othr visiting teachers.

I also get paid ten thoudans baht for each paper I write on thailand while thaere. This year i wrote four papers. OPne is in progress and the other three are being worked on by several students collaborating with me and thers on DNA, chemical analysis, tazonomy, SEM and ethnomycology of the worlk.

mj

Check oiut my exotic forays pages at my website and the cambodia pages. many shrooms threre for everyoneone to pick.

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More giant Buddha images from a day off of shrooming [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3041528 -

Like always, I love the pictures mj...keep um coming :laugh: :slider: :smile:

And the adventure/trip you take every summer sounds damn interesting, I would love to go on something like that but doubt I will for a long time :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More giant Buddha images from a day off of shrooming [Re: theocean06]
    #3041582 -

theocean06 said:
Like always, I love the pictures mj...keep um coming




--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More giant Buddha images from a day off of shrooming [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3041811 -

MJ as always it has been a pleshor reading your post. i hop to go and see buddha some day just for the exp thank you for your post.


--------------------


The un-seen is the un-caught;the un-caught is the smart one;the smart one is the un-seen

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More giant Buddha images from a day off of shrooming [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3042671 -

Wonder if they do this a the Rio Grande in Texas"

all the time.

how much is 10,000 bat?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More giant Buddha images from a day off of shrooming [Re: Dreamer987]
    #3042815 -

$250.00

mjshroomer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Travel report Thailand Una 2,190 8 10/23/02 06:52 PM
by GGreatOne234
* Thailand here we come..... trev 2,002 15 08/16/03 07:50 AM
by trev
* Breittenbush Shroom Conference 2000 mjshroomer 1,044 3 11/29/03 02:32 PM
by mjshroomer
* One free giant shrimp from Long John Silver's today! daba 1,418 7 05/14/16 01:34 PM
by Asante
* A visit to Thailand okayjose 976 3 03/12/03 02:13 AM
by IDontGrow
* shroom essay for school
( 1 2 all )
kristina420 3,779 20 11/01/03 10:41 PM
by kristina420
* Thailand in under 3 weeks! Roger_irrelevant 864 4 10/16/03 07:30 PM
by f8L
* check of this "Giant Shroom" psycho_psilo 655 3 12/20/03 02:17 PM
by LeViTY

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,600 topic views. 7 members, 3 guests and 155 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.