Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Mutinus elegans
    #29658437 -

Finally, after a year of looking, I found Mutinus elegans and a few other stinkhorns! I would like to know your opinion because I found the Elegans in a forest (All other stinkhorns I found had huge amounts of mycelium under it) The Elegans had almost no mycelium under it, there were only 2 fruiting bodies and I found no eggs, I usually clone from the eggs to make a culture. Also I had only 2 agars left which I already inoculated with a rhizomorph underneath and I'm still waiting on more but the Elegans will be rotted until then.
I want to hear your opinion as to how to not lose the species.

(I successfully cultured the other stinkhorns, It's just the elegans I have a problem with)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mutinus elegans [Re: BradStinkhorn124]
    #29670309 -

I get these frequently around my property - at the base of old blackberry bushes or just under the spruce trees.  I'm curious, what is appeal or benefit to propagating these?


We call these dog penis stinkhorns...not sure where that name came from.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mutinus elegans [Re: MetalPro]
    #29670423 -

Because stinkhorns are very interesting and understudied, I want to try to breed different genetic lines of them to see what they can turn into now. Also doing this with Phallus ravenelii and Satyrus rugulosus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* How to get access to stinkhorns? BradStinkhorn124 190 6 11/24/25 10:01 AM
by Vegeta
* How to get access to stinkhorns? [Gourmet and med post] BradStinkhorn124 124 1 11/26/25 03:09 AM
by Nate em All
* growing stinkhorn from wild - Phallus sp. LitCloset 1,120 2 09/22/09 08:06 AM
by lionsman
* Has anybody grown stinkhorn of any kind sparkle 2,729 2 12/22/11 11:16 AM
by pseudotsuga
* Edibility of the Red Starfish Stinkhorn? ChargeBlocks 84 0 12/05/17 04:26 PM
by ChargeBlocks
* Where can I get Phallus indusiatus (Stinkhorns)? Cloneufc 3,189 6 09/04/20 05:02 PM
by Forrester
* Is it possible to clone Phallus hadriani Toadstool5 806 8 03/03/26 07:01 PM
by falcon
* Truck load of pine wood chips Forest Garden 4,722 13 12/15/08 10:22 AM
by Paresthesia

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Pastywhyte, Forrester, Stromrider, SHROOMSISAY01
72 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.