Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Voacanga Africana pic
    #2933818 -

VA is highly prized for it's seeds which contain ibogaine and other compounds. Here is a pic of one of my VA plants.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Voacanga Africana pic [Re: Stonehenge]
    #2933879 -

It contains ibogaine derivatives, but not specifically ibogaine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Voacanga Africana pic [Re: neuro]
    #2936038 -

That son of a bitch is hard to start from seeds, how did you obtain your plant?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Voacanga Africana pic [Re: Stonehenge]
    #2936049 -

Very nice plant. If this is the same as Ibogaine be careful if you going to consume it, I tried ibogaine hcl once and was sick and tripping for over 48 hrs. Its very powerful

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Voacanga Africana pic [Re: gbX]
    #2936219 -

neuro, you may be right. Most sources say it contains voacagine and compounds related to ibogaine. I did find this in the lycaeum files

Quote:
Ibogaine and closely related alkaloids are found in other species of Tabernanthe and species of the closely related Tabernaemontana and Voacanga.



A'neglakya, it is indeed a tough one to sprout. I had no luck at all until I tried a wet dry cycle. What I do is soak the seeds for maybe 1/2 hour in household hydrogen peroxide to kill off the mold spores which the seeds always have on them. Then I soak them overnight in water. After that I let them dry for about a week and then another soak and a dry cycle. Then they can be planted and some will come up in about a week or two.

gbX, did the ibo trip do you any good? Did you enjoy parts of it and if not, did you think it was worth it? I've heard people lose addictions and see their lives in a different way afterwards.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Voacanga Africana pic [Re: Stonehenge]
    #2936455 -

I have some of this plant's rootbark...I've been waiting for the right moment for an epic Long trip for a while. From what little I've heard about the expierience, it tends to be very organic, with ancient spirits and user specific visions. So that's exciting...but I'm not sure about the dose for the rootbark, I'm thinking I'll try 1/4th of my ounce to start. Any thoughts on the iboga and it's close relative's experience would be awesome. I did do a bunch of research on the chemical make up of VA, and there is no ibogaine at all. There is several closely related chemicals..all very complex by the way. I belive iboga contains almost entirely ibogaine, in contrast to this plants complex make up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Voacanga Africana pic [Re: Stonehenge]
    #2936716 -

I don't know about the addiction thing, it can be it gave me an impression that it was pretty powerful.

I cant say the experience gained me in any way. I threw up half the time on empty stomach which resulted in a soar throat for days. I was pretty much laying down the entire time but it was impossible to rest.

It was intense, lasted too long and made me feel bad and scared. I had not research other than reading about it in psychedelic enclypedia first so it was scary.and I have no desire to try it again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Voacanga Africana pic [Re: gbX]
    #4084607 -

Maybe it would have been a better experience if you were better informed about it beforehand. I can imagine it'd be way scary if you didn't know about it...damn.


--------------------
"Everything is not as it seems." Eye

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Voacanga Africana pic [Re: LiveByFreedom]
    #4087563 -

hum... I got some seeds but they seem to have grown easily.... but are they really vocana africa then?


--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Voacanga Africana pic [Re: Fluxburn]
    #4088630 -

dr shulgin sez the seeds contain mostly tabersonine (which is closer structurally to yohimbine or vinpocetine than to ibogaine or tabernanthine or voacangine, mmmmkay?)
(lotsa pretty pictures in yr copy of _the merck index to chemicals and drugs_ righto?)


--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Germinating Voacanga Africana CptnGarden 8,186 7 02/19/09 12:03 PM
by CptnGarden
* experiences with Voacanga africana seeds or bark? Vvellum 1,556 2 07/12/04 02:46 PM
by Aneglakya
* Voacanga africana report Tinkal 2,699 8 08/17/05 08:53 PM
by stvip
* Voacanga Africana
( 1 2 all )
schmutzen 4,185 30 08/15/05 01:09 PM
by hemproll420
* Voacanga africana extract thedudenj 1,370 5 09/27/26 08:14 AM
by tbone8352
* VOACANGA AFRICANA or SINICUICHI CleverName 1,025 0 06/23/03 09:10 PM
by bedetached
* Voacanga africana- rootbark Schwip 3,867 6 02/10/06 12:07 AM
by Schwip
* Iboga (ibogaine-rootbark-extract) mightyjoepipe 1,010 4 06/21/06 12:30 PM
by Tinkal

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
2,540 topic views. 1 members, 13 guests and 9 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.