Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Any Mario 64 fans here? * 2
    #29139829 -

First off, the N64 is being re-released by a third-party company (unauthorized):

Analogue3D represents a milestone in video game preservation: its not only the world's first reimagining of an N64 - but the worlds first 100% compatible recreation of an N64. Analogue spent nearly 4 years engineering it in FPGA. No more incompatibilities found in software emulation like input lag, graphic/audio inaccuracies, timing/frame rate issues and more. For the first time, you can re-experience the N64 exactly as it was meant to be, without compromise. (https://www.analogue.co/3d)

Anyway, do you know what TAS is? It stands for tool-assisted speedrun. It enables the player to play in slow motion and frame-by-frame and it allows for re-dos from any point in time. This essentially turns the game into a canvas and thus the TAS tool and the normal controller become the brush, eliciting art like this:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any Mario 64 fans here? [Re: s240779]
    #29139839 -

There are 2 types of people on earth.. Mario 64 fans, and people who've never played Mario 64.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any Mario 64 fans here? [Re: Awebig Throy]
    #29139849 -

It's so painfully nostalgic.


--------------------
:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

:mushroom: I got the sausage, I got the bacon
I got the creole and cayenne and garlic and onion
It tastes so right!
(Don't forget about the shrimp!)
I won't forget about the shrimp!:mushroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any Mario 64 fans here? [Re: KevinDontWave]
    #29139873 -

i like the parkour tricks better than speedruns. though i admit some speedruns can be hella impressive.


--------------------
ONE-EYED WANT
-------------------------
knock a hoe out this dimension, continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

rip. todcasil, acid sloth, st1llnox, shLong, ModestMouse, vinsue, big worm (sketch), tim

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any Mario 64 fans here? [Re: s240779]
    #29139892 -

Mario's world was awesome.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any Mario 64 fans here? [Re: Envix]
    #29139947 -

Envix said:
i like the parkour tricks better than speedruns.



Great slang term. You could also call them TAFs: tool-assisted freeruns

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any Mario 64 fans here? [Re: s240779]
    #29139965 -

Donkey Kong 64 was better.

I never played Mario 64 though so I have a bias.


--------------------

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any Mario 64 fans here? [Re: Shiithead]
    #29139997 -

Thanks but I already have an original N64 with original Mario 64.....and a PC with emulators.....N64 is actually super fun using a PS5 controller lol


--------------------
High as hell and low as heaven will go.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any Mario 64 fans here? [Re: spirit_shadow] * 1
    #29140016 -

That’s not as immersive as a 64 controller. If you don’t walk away with carpal tunnel, you’re just not getting the full experience.


--------------------

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any Mario 64 fans here? [Re: Shiithead]
    #29140017 -

Shiithead said:
That’s not as immersive as a 64 controller. If you don’t walk away with carpal tunnel, you’re not getting the full experience.



I just said I have an original N64 for when I want the original experience 🤣


--------------------
High as hell and low as heaven will go.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any Mario 64 fans here? [Re: spirit_shadow] * 1
    #29140052 -

The stick drift on the N64 controllers was brutal. Mario Party destroyed controllers lol.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any Mario 64 fans here? [Re: SonicTitan] * 1
    #29140180 -

SonicTitan said:
The stick drift on the N64 controllers was brutal. Mario Party destroyed controllers lol.



Smash bros and GoldenEye destroyed every controller I owned


--------------------
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any Mario 64 fans here? [Re: SonicTitan]
    #29140255 -

SonicTitan said:
The stick drift on the N64 controllers was brutal. Mario Party destroyed controllers lol.



I think I got lucky and only broke 1 N64 controller ever....now GameCube I went through a few lol


--------------------
High as hell and low as heaven will go.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any Mario 64 fans here? [Re: Shiithead] * 1
    #29140281 -

Shiithead said:
That’s not as immersive as a 64 controller. If you don’t walk away with carpal tunnel, you’re just not getting the full experience.



ugh, sooo true :nerd:


--------------------
ONE-EYED WANT
-------------------------
knock a hoe out this dimension, continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

rip. todcasil, acid sloth, st1llnox, shLong, ModestMouse, vinsue, big worm (sketch), tim

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any Mario 64 fans here? [Re: SonicTitan] * 1
    #29140411 -

And destroyed your hand, I remember I  literally got blister on my hand from the water rafting mini game in Mario part

*Blister on my palm I mean cus that’s the best way to do the rotations , and it was  with another mini game I forget which one

Edited by mt cleverest (02/27/25 12:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any Mario 64 fans here? [Re: mt cleverest] * 1
    #29140668 -

I liked crusin usa, clay fighter, star fox, 007, sarge's heros


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any Mario 64 fans here? [Re: Purple sunset]
    #29140670 -

Some jet ski racing game & Diddy Kong


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any Mario 64 fans here? [Re: Purple sunset]
    #29140721 -

Conkers bad fur day


--------------------
High as hell and low as heaven will go.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any Mario 64 fans here? [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #29140723 -

Cruisin USA was tight


--------------------
:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

:mushroom: I got the sausage, I got the bacon
I got the creole and cayenne and garlic and onion
It tastes so right!
(Don't forget about the shrimp!)
I won't forget about the shrimp!:mushroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any Mario 64 fans here? [Re: KevinDontWave] * 1
    #29140738 -

Jumping through the portal-paintings in Mario 64, good times.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Where can I get Super Mario costumes?
( 1 2 all )
NewbieS 3,991 25 09/13/05 01:08 PM
by Adden
* Super Mario 3 beaten in 11 min with 99 lives daba 2,005 19 12/14/03 08:57 PM
by fjbk47985
* super mario bros. 2
( 1 2 all )
uriahchase 3,451 21 03/08/05 02:12 PM
by drtyfrnk
* trippy new mario game tiny_rabid_birds 1,053 14 03/11/07 06:44 PM
by CosmicFool
* Chuck Palahniuk... fight club fans beejay 1,471 15 09/22/05 05:50 AM
by lechuck
* Newbie needs some help with a PC fan Dety 799 3 12/06/05 05:01 AM
by Dety
* Luigi's Italian Ice are the shit!
( 1 2 all )
schutzemdown 2,231 25 08/15/12 08:36 PM
by Salomon
* we're still Cubs fans o'er here in Chicago ShrewDigsby 2,854 18 11/22/03 04:24 PM
by MrBump

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
306 topic views. 3 members, 20 guests and 123 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.