Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
kava good night
    #2884276 -

Ok, here's the run down...I recently purcahsed 2 oz of ground kava kava root in salem mass. I've heard and read alot about it so i figured it was about time to give it a shot.  So last night i put a pinch in my mouth to see if a numb reaction would occur, as i've heard of this being a test of effectiveness.  Low and behold after just a few seconds i could feel a spreading numbness throughout my tongue and mouth.  I took this as a good sign, and went to bed.

Tonight i made the infusion/decoction.  I brought a pan of about 6 cups to sub boil, turned off heat, added 2 full  teaspoons of kava (in tea egg) and covered pot for 20 mins.  Next i removed lid and let stand for 10.  The liquid was yellowish and had a interesting scent.  I drank half a coffee cup full to start. 

I felt the numbness start pretty immediatetly.  After only a couple mins i was already feeling relaxed, my mouth was feeling funny, and swallowing was also interesting.  I had some minor stomach discomfort but that abated after a couple mins.  By then i was feeling damn well at ease, and was starting to shut things down when i looked at the tv and there was a cop show or something on and these two cops were trying to subdue this ancient lady who was crouching and growling like an animal.  I had no idea what show it was but i just watched for a minute and it felt weird, or absent or something. 

I turned it off and walked in here to write this up for you, and now i've got happy feelings and smiles that are coming and going, so it seems an agreeable mild euphoria.  I'm pretty relaxed and ready for bed now. 

I'm happy with kava. a needed retreat too. my day and week to come sucks.  My gf is watching her parents house, so i'm all alone, and my day at work absolutely  blew.  Plus i half to be at work for 6am for the rest of the week, and get there by walking as the bus drivers went on strike. 

So it is a much needed happy mental break from that all. Pleasant. good.  Putting on some floyd (echoes)...nice...Just thought i'd share.

:rasta:,

mycomancer

Edited by Mycomancer (07/12/04 10:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kava good night [Re: Mycomancer]
    #2884342 -

awesome dude!!! sorry about your upcoming week


--------------------
Dont Float The Mainstream.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kava good night [Re: Mycomancer]
    #2884429 -

how intresting

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kava good night [Re: Mycomancer]
    #2884894 -

kava is great if you have to walk somewhere too. :laugh:


--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kava good night [Re: felix]
    #2885066 -

despite what some may think about kava, it is an excelent social substance as well.


--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.


~Casil



:cactus:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kava good night [Re: Todcasil]
    #2886308 -

I already have plans for a small kava gathering with friends,  perhaps throw in Pink Floyd, live in Pompei to warm up, then propabably go out somewhere.

:rasta:,

mycomancer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kava good night [Re: Mycomancer]
    #2888400 -

nice to hear you had a nice experience with kava


--------------------
lucidal expansion

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kava good night [Re: butterflydawn]
    #2888420 -

I've been looking into purchasing some kava, but there are so many damn sites , I was wondering if anyone had a reputable dealer that sells high quality kava and a reasonable price. So far I've seen so many things i don't even really want to take a chance... Thanks

Mods:im not sure if these are alright with the guidelines so if not im very sorry


--------------------
I pray to god but I doubt that he's listening

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kava good night [Re: JonnyBravo]
    #2888718 -

its kava kava dude... no guidelines...

i think their is a vendor who sells ethenogens

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kava good night [Re: JonnyBravo]
    #2889279 -

I heard a place called "kick back with kava kava" recommended. I don't have the url handy but put that into google and you will find it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kava good night [Re: Stonehenge]
    #2889788 -

kava isnt jsut kava. depending on where its grown it has different flavours strengths and effects. soupy put potent from fiji and south pacific. peppery but less potent from hawaii. or so i have read.

peace


--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kava good night [Re: Mycomancer]
    #2889912 -

Cool, I am having a kava party this weekend!  I bought the paste from www.iamshaman.com who is a sponsor here, and if you put "shroom3" into their coupon box, you get 5% off.  And if you make 4 or more purchases from them using the code, all your orders after that are 10% off.  They have great stuff, great prices, and really fast shipping.  I highly recommend them!

I have never tried kava and I am excited to!  I think I will put the kava paste in smoothies with coconut milk (I guess the lipids in it help with the kava ingestion or something, banana and maybe pineapple or orange.  Will let you guys know how it goes!

I want us to take enough to really feel it! :smile:


--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kava good night [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #2890038 -

I was going to order 1/2 oz. from them this pay. Let me know how it is.
Oh, Thanks for the code.


--------------------

"I want your Soul.
I will eat your soul."
-Aphex Twin

:dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kava good night [Re: Mycomancer]
    #2890541 -

I :heart: Kava

I used to be able to get all I wanted for free through a friends mom, but now I just buy tinctures at a local vitamin store.  It only takes 60 or so drops for nice relaxation.  I find the only problem with Kava is that its effects wear off fairly fast.


--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kava good night [Re: Cherk]
    #2892038 -

I'd be careful with the tinctures/extractions - liver damage is possible. kava root::drink is fine, however.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kava good night [Re: Vvellum]
    #2893402 -

What's the difference, besides one being suspended in alcohol? Is it the alcohol that you believe to cause liver damage?


--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kava good night [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #2893450 -

Sounds like an excellent plan!  I like the recipes, they sound tasty, i just drank mine straight, didn't taste too bad to me.  When everyone feeling nice and sedated, try turning down the lights, and putting on a good cd or guided visualization tape.  I had some very nice pre-sleep hypnogogia, mostly faces (some human some not) in some very interesting color combinations.  The best part was how fluidly the visualizations moved, almost like a movie, no choppiness.  Have fun!

:rasta:,

mycomancer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kava good night [Re: Cherk]
    #2893600 -

Smoker For Peace said:
What's the difference, besides one being suspended in alcohol? Is it the alcohol that you believe to cause liver damage?



the differance is the material used. when extracting they use stems and other stuff that carries the toxins. aswell as they extract inferior kava to make tinctures. and the crappy stuff contains more toxins. (i read this in a couple places so could be wrong perhaps all is toxic)

peace


--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kava good night [Re: the man]
    #2893654 -

The root has NO toxins in it. :smile: None at all.


--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kava good night [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #2893673 -

A home-made tincture of the root could be easily prepared.

1/2 cup powdered dry herbs(kava kava root)
2 cups (500 ml) brandy, vodka or gin

Mix ingredients together in a glass bottle and allow to steep for several weeks in a warm place, shaking daily.  After a few weeks, strain, then store in a cool, dark place.  Now your tincture is ready. Use approx 10 drops(may need revision in our case).  Mix in water or a more tasteful drink.  Tinctures will keep for a long time due to their alcohol content.

mason jars are good for this procedure, i know many of us have those around.

:rasta:,

mycomancer

Edited by Mycomancer (07/15/04 02:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Kava Extract Psilocybeingzz 1,002 2 11/12/03 11:50 PM
by Distrancia
* Kava tar... And cebil... fatalerror 652 1 03/13/06 09:16 AM
by shriek
* So i tryed some kava Remut 810 2 12/20/03 02:08 PM
by Legoulash
* Salvia tincture using only alcohol? cybrbeast 3,779 4 10/30/06 12:12 PM
by felixhigh
* favorite kava varieties?
( 1 2 all )
Xochitl 3,421 21 11/06/03 05:25 PM
by Xochitl
* Kava Kava Soft Gels shroomydan 1,903 7 04/18/06 02:30 PM
by the man
* How to brew kava: a look into life on the pacific islands
( 1 2 all )
CptnGarden 9,519 23 12/30/08 07:06 AM
by dstark
* THC tincture the man 5,271 14 04/22/04 03:20 PM
by Infrared

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
2,300 topic views. 1 members, 7 guests and 16 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.