Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
What level do you like to trip on dried mushrooms?
    #1791044 - 08/08/03 03:23 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

What level do you like to trip on (dried mushrooms)
level 1(Threshold .25 g)
level 2(Light .25 - 1 g)
level 3(Common 1 - 2.5 g)
level 4(Strong 2.5 - 5 g)
level 5(Heavy 5 + g)

Onset
5-60 minutes
Coming Up
5-30 minutes
Plateau
1-3 hours
Coming Down
.5-3 hours
After Effects
0-6 hours

Entheogenic Mushrooms are an amazing life form. Mushrooms, like other entheogens, have a very particular and unique character.

The effects of mushrooms are greatly effected by dose and an individual's sensitivity to psilocybin. For some rare people 1/4 gm of Psilocybe Cubensis (a very small amount) is enough to propel them into full visionary states, with Open Eye Visuals, unpleasant stomach cramps or gas, and other High-Dose effects, while for others the same amount would be barely (if at all) noticeable, possibly causing a slight cold feeling during the first hour and other 'Threshold' effects. It is therefore important to get to know your individual reaction to small amounts of all entheogens. Be safe.

The effect-time curve of mushrooms, as with other entheogens, are characterized by a short period between ingestion and 'Coming Up', a short (but often experientially long) Coming Up period, a Plateau period, Coming Down, and then After Effects.

Some but not all of the following effects characterize the following effects levels. Please note that the minimum dosage indicated for Medium and High Doses are extremely low and those who reach these states with less than 1.0 gm of Cubensis are rare. You may be one of them, be careful.

Threshold Effects : (from .25gm - .75gms P. Cubensis)
Slight cold feeling, mild gas or nausea, nervous-feeling, slight pupil-dilation, mild visual changes including lights seeming brighter, lights having a 'starry' look, and noticing movement at the periphery of vision, giddiness, feeling more emotionally sensitive, and many other effects related to a change in neurochemistry.

Medium Effects : (0.75gm - 2.5gms P. Cubensis)
'Cold' feeling, gas and/or stomach discomfort, nausea, pupil-dilation, open-eye visual effects: lights gain auras, star-pattern effects, rainbowing around lighting, lights seem brighter, often 'more beautiful', notice movement in periphery, sometimes increased ability to focus, sometimes reduced ability to focus, visual field 'distracting', visual field 'entertaining', closed eye 'visuals': normal closed eye 'blobs' take on patterns, shapes, distinct forms, increased ability to visualize creatively, spontaneous detailed images, feelings of time-dilation, feelings of `coming home again' which is often more pronounced for those who have used mushrooms before, feelings of belonging and connection, increased emotional sensitivity, increased ability to focus on emotional problems or memories, chance of becoming 'caught in a loop' thinking / dwelling on a single thought or feeling (usually negative or painful), realizations about past feelings, realizations about how to live, gain a new perspective on current lifestyle and behaviors, feelings of connection with those around you, noticing things which are normally ignored or taken for granted, feelings of wonder, spirit, joy, sadness, despair, religious awakening, contentment and possibly latent psychological crises can come out..

High Dose Effects : (2.5gm - 10gms)
All of the Medium Effects, usually with a significantly more uncomfortable Coming Up, more pronounced nausea sometimes (rarely) resulting in vomiting, sometimes significant mental discomfort associated with feelings of fear and often times accompanying a "what have I done to myself" or "how far am I going" thought, the unpleasant Coming Up effects usually lessen with familiarity and more knowledge about the safety and character of mushroom effects. High Dose Effects are usually characterized by the closed eye visualizations being significantly more elaborate and enfolding, religious revelation, spiritual awakening, near death experiences, loss of self, talking to seemingly external, autonomous entities, extreme emotional responses, repressed memories coming to life, latent psychological crises can come to the surface, intense feelings of wonder, connection, joy, fear. High Dose Effects can also include extreme time-dilation, with experiences of wall-clock minutes taking an experientially large amount of time, watching clocks or digital counters where the seconds seem to take minutes to count off. One of the most interesting effects is the feeling of awakening for the first time ever from a previous state of sleep, of liberation from what is now seen as a life-long state of bondage. Paradoxically, it is this new awareness which feels normal and natural and the previous fog which is seen to have been unreal all along. The bemushroomed seeker is convinced that, once gained, this awareness is impossible to lose, but inexplicably by the next day it is just a memory.

Votes accepted from (12/31/69 05:00 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMrSleep
P. Cubensis
Re: What level do you like to trip on dried mushrooms? [Re: Psilocybin_monkey]
    #1801242 - 08/11/03 10:30 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

My friends first two trips weren't anything spectacular, he's waiting to move out and grow via cow manure to get some good potent fruits to trip on. Until then he'll buy from dealers if he wants. He doesn't grow anymore. But he says his first two trips off home growns were kind of weak, maybe 2.5 grams dry was his first then the second was only maybe 1 gram dry but still got him tripping. Either way it was a great introduction to mushrooms. He hopes his next trip is a lot heavier however.
-Mr.Sleep

OfflineJunglest
High-Lander

Loc: Bonny Scotland
Re: What level do you like to trip on dried mushrooms? [Re: MrSleep]
    #1884811 - 09/05/03 10:35 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Personnally i dont see the point in tripping below at least level 3 but differnet strokes for different folks, however my trips at above 5 dried grams just seemed to be mostly profound mental confusion, 45 fresh grams seems to be a happy compromise.

--------------------
dyn0: drug induced hazes are what makes life worth living
I got so high i scratched till i bled - Nirvana

OfflineGrapefruity
Lawn Gnome
    #1937430 - 09/21/03 08:38 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i prefer level 3 but really like level 4 too...

But I don't really agree with that graphic. Usually my trip is like

0-1 hour : effect going stronger and stronger
1-2.5 hours : a plateau
2.5h - 3 : effect comes down pretty low , thinkin that maybe its over
and like 15 minutes after the third hour the peak starts poof just like that and last an hour

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: What level do you like to trip on dried mushrooms? [Re: Grapefruity]
    #1943419 - 09/23/03 03:14 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

2.5-6g cubensis [or equivelant] depending on situation and purpose.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #1948364 - 09/24/03 03:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

3.5g dried is my favorite dose given the right set/setting, but I also have a favorite at around 1g in social situations with others who aren't on mushrooms. Other end of the scale I sometimes enjoy a 7-8g dose, but only with a few close friends who also partake.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleCloud9
I don't feel, and it feels great
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: between here and there
Re: What level do you like to trip on dried mushrooms? [Re: trendal]
    #2131379 - 11/23/03 10:06 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Always 3.5 g's.

--------------------

Offlineask
apprentice
Loc: a special place
Re: What level do you like to trip on dried mushrooms? [Re: trendal]
    #2131618 - 11/24/03 01:20 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

as far as i can go i will,well mebbe not that far,like between a quarter to have oz. dried.

--------------------
without the bitter,the sweet is not as sweet.

wanting is good,actually it might be better than having-

OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

Loc: Everywhere else
Re: What level do you like to trip on dried mushrooms? [Re: ask]
    #2138878 - 11/26/03 08:54 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Usually 3-5 gr.
I don't know about the rest of you, but I like the taste and have never suffered any stomach discomfort from shrooms. And as for gas, well, I'm always gassy.

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

Anonymous

Re: What level do you like to trip on dried mushrooms? [Re: Panoramix]
    #2143790 - 11/29/03 03:33 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

with paxil 7-10 gs without 4-7gs...it also depends on the strain imo but I know not all of you will agree with that

OfflineStark
Rogue Scholar
Loc: Ultimate Conservative Tes...
    #2292413 - 02/01/04 07:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Depends on what my social situation is. If I have to be around people, or am in somewhat unfamiliar surroundings, such as at a bar or club, 3-4 grams.

While alone, in my house, 7-10 grams. I've gone as high as 14 grams, but that's certainly an exception to my normal trips.

--------------------
Beat.

OfflineSoulSurfer
Killer of Giants
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: What level do you like to trip on dried mushrooms? [Re: Stark]
    #2316661 - 02/09/04 02:08 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

between 3-5 is usually good for me. Once I start peaking a small puff of primo weed takes me to that perfect place  :laugh:

--------------------
:sunny: :sunny::sunny:

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2335797 - 02/14/04 10:53 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I usually go for a level 3, or maybe a low level 4. I reached level 5 once, and although it was a great, life-changing experience, I've been a little timid about going there again due to the intensity of it.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2336504 - 02/15/04 03:20 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

This poll seems to be broken.
I usually eat 4 grams. Sometimes when I'm brave I eat more, but I do not go on walks or such while doing so.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Anonymous

#2865316 - 07/07/04 02:23 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Anonymous

#2865371 - 07/07/04 02:34 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Anonymous

Re: What level do you like to trip on dried mushrooms? [Re: ]
    #2865373 - 07/07/04 02:34 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

5.2more like it....hehehe

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds