Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Rosa Lee McFall
    #2858345 -

Does anyone agree that this is the saddest song ever written? I've heard acoustic Grateful Dead and Jerry Garcia Band do it. I just learned it on guitar and I thought I would share these simple yet heart-wrenching lyrics:

Rosa Lee McFall

Out on the lonely hillside in a cabin low and small
Lived the sweetest rose of color my Rosa Lee McFall

Her eyes were bright and shining and her voice was sweet to me
Knew that I would always love her and I hoped that she loved me

My eyes turned to me, my darlin' and this is what she said:
You know that I would always love you when you and I are wed.

Then God way up in heaven one day for her did call
I lost my bride, oh how I loved her, my Rosa Lee McFall

I searched this wide world over through cities great and small
But I never found another like my Rosa Lee McFall


--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rosa Lee McFall [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #2858351 -

Yes, i would have to agree! Thats very  :frown:


--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....



"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rosa Lee McFall [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #2858355 -

yeah very sad lyrics but a nice tune.


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rosa Lee McFall [Re: Ripple]
    #2858361 -

i love the one on the pizza tapes!!

:smile:


--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....



"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rosa Lee McFall [Re: kindkesey]
    #2858370 -

That's a great version of that song my favorite actually.


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rosa Lee McFall [Re: kindkesey]
    #2858372 -

Damn I forgot that song is on Pizza Tapes. I'm gonna dig that CD up and listen to it right now.


--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rosa Lee McFall [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #2859339 -

My little sister was named after this song... :heart:


--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rosa Lee McFall [Re: iloveraving]
    #2859377 -

Aww that's cool.  :thumbup:


--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* iso: Charlie Monroe - Rosa Lee McFall (Rosalie McFall) demiu5 327 1 02/14/07 07:39 AM
by demiu5
* The "Post the song you're looking for and someone else uploads it" thread. Gumby 966 17 09/27/08 02:21 PM
by twighead
* Anyone recommend any Grateful Dead songs? Thin White Duke 1,309 13 01/10/05 03:07 PM
by LouiseLouise
* I got a pig, home in a pen...Corn to feed him on
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Dark_Star 5,721 89 02/06/07 07:50 PM
by Dark_Star
* I love Jerry Garcia's folk/traditional songs/covers
( 1 2 all )
Cracka_X 1,701 25 02/03/10 09:38 PM
by GoaM
* Old Negroe Spirituals AroundtheSon 1,112 11 06/06/10 11:43 AM
by pfxtc
* Saddest songs ever
( 1 2 all )
TinTree 3,153 34 02/15/05 01:39 PM
by Jim
* Bruce Lee died as a result of Hash...?!
( 1 2 3 all )
HeavyToilet 6,515 49 12/11/14 12:49 PM
by imachavel

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
816 topic views. 2 members, 21 guests and 180 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.018 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.