Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFalkon
'Sol' Man
just a hunting report and an amnita question
    #2830634 - 06/26/04 11:56 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

OK, here's a report from N. AL. I've been hunting a couple of times in cow fields during this rainy time we're having, and I must say, I've found little of interest. I have found many amnitas, which I believe were the deathcaps [all white, fragile stems, pure white gills, light brown caps] My partner and I found maybe 5 cubes, but it was night time.

Now the amnita question: I have googled this and have not found the answer I want. What is the typical growing temp of the deathcap, are they found in N. AL, and are the immature mushrooms with a cap about 1" in diameter that are light brown with a veil covering the gills in fact amanitas?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: just a hunting report and an amnita question [Re: Falkon]
    #2830878 - 06/26/04 12:59 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

if your looking for this information in case you may thinks its edible and want it for its edibility i wouldn't go there. and the description you gave us at the end wasnt good enough to explain what mushroom you found... if you could kindly post a picture and/or refer to this forums rules and guidelines giving a good description of the mushroom as the guidelines request... theres probably a hundred species that are 1" and have tan caps... so far it doesnt sound like one...

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #2831131 - 06/26/04 02:42 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not aware of any specific research on growing temperatures for any species of Amanita. The only mushrooms I'm aware of published numbers for are mushrooms that have been cultivated. As far as I know nobody has yet cultivated any species of Amanita.

There are very probably deadly Amanitas in northern Alabama. If you don't yet know how to identify an Amanita to genus, you should get a book and study a bit. Anybody who is going to eat wild mushrooms should know how to eliminate any of the deadly species they might find. There aren't that many, and eliminating them ensures that the worst you can do is end up getting really sick from eating something you shouldn't have.

Happy mushrooming!

OfflineFalkon
'Sol' Man
Re: just a hunting report and an amnita question [Re: ToxicMan]
    #2831362 - 06/26/04 05:23 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Thank you for the answer toxic.  That's what I was looking toward.  No, I have no intention of eating amanitas  :rolleyes:  I was just studying.  I do in fact know how to ID the Amanitas genus. 

No offense SoD, but I'm a newb here, but I'm no forum newb.  Please don't act like I'm stupid.  I have read the FAQ thoroughly before I ever made my first post.  I was just asking, but to clarify a bit, here's what I've found that I've never seen before.

A mushroom with very similar characteristics to cubensis.  the caps are convex approx 1" across that start as brown in the center and fade outward to a lighter cream color.  I did not have much time to observe these did not take any pictures, but these had a white veil coving the gills.  It did not appear to have the volva.  Gumby already gave me a possible ID.  No, I don't plan on consuming them, but thanks for the warning.

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah
    #2831857 - 06/26/04 09:35 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

If you want info on deathcaps, this may help....

http://www.mykoweb.com/CAF/species/Amanita_phalloides.html

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #2832137 - 06/26/04 11:44 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

hey im a newbie here too bud, its just you asked us "are the immature mushrooms with a cap about 1" in diameter that are light brown with a veil covering the gills in fact amanitas? " how the hell are we supposed to know? you gave us no good description of the mushroom, what part of the mushroom is light brown? what color is the stem?, whats the spore color? does it bruise?, anything. am i supposed to pull a wand out of my ass and magically tell you what mushroom you have found... if your going to ask information about the identity of a mushroom please refer to the forums rules and guidelines, cause otherwise were doing donuts trying to figure out what the heck ur asking. i am not that experienced in identification of mushrooms, and i myself would probably not be able to help you, but if you dont give viable information describing the mushroom, simple noobs like i was a few months ago would throw a random guess at it without understanding the possibilities and trial and errors... some newb could say it was a cube and next thing u know ur in the hospital cumguzzling charcoal through a tube! which has happened to me before and its nothing u want to experience, i wouldve rather died than sat through that. i now have a completely different view on mushrooms from that experience... not giving viable enough of a description, a good ID'er like toxic, gumby, or GG might pass up identifying your mushroom for you leaving it vulnerable to newbs with the quest for everyone to think they are cool for knowing "everything" about mushrooms when they don't know shit... once again refer to the forums rules and guidelines description and protect the safety of others and yourself...

and i like SoD thats a good initial, infact im stealing that thanks...

SoD

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2832142 - 06/26/04 11:49 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Since Amanita species grow in a mycorhizzial symbiotic relationship with Birch and Pine I suggest that your mushrooms are probably a species of Lepiota or possibly Chlorophyllum molybdites. OR even a Pholiota species. AManitas would be extrememly rare in any pasture of cattle.

mj. Cows always eat mushrooms when chewing the surrounding grasses in their habitats. If they were deadly Amanitas then there would be dead cows around the area.

mj

Offlinebenzene

Re: just a hunting report and an amnita question [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2832333 - 06/27/04 01:17 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I thought cows could eat grass with non-toxic spores from toxic mushrooms on them and then the mushrooms grow out of the manure. So cows and toxic mushroom could be together no?

OfflineFalkon
'Sol' Man
Re: just a hunting report and an amnita question [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2832432 - 06/27/04 02:45 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

thank you mjshroomer and notorious for the answer.

notorious: I had already looked at that site and I didn't see all the info I was looking for.

mj: thanks for the clarification. I actually never knew any of that and thought that they were in fact dung loving, hence the reason they are mistaken.

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
    #2832904 - 06/27/04 09:32 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

are there any other red-capped amanitas beside muscaria?

--------------------
]

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah
Re: just a hunting report and an amnita question [Re: Wysefool]
    #2835029 - 06/27/04 11:22 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

In relation to BlackZombie's question, i have found recently a patch of about 20 of the biggest Amanita Muscaria's i have ever seen (well i think they are muscaria's) They would be no smaller than 30-40cm across, red with white dots on top. I have read on erowid and various other sources about the supposed "Hallucinogenic" properties of this species, but was wondering is it really worth it. So what im saying is has anyone here had them and was it an enjoyable experience.

Thanks
Peace

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: just a hunting report and an amnita question [Re: Wysefool]
    #2836070 - 06/28/04 10:35 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yes.

Happy mushrooming!

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #2836871 - 06/28/04 03:36 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i have done them, i enjoyed them. PM me if u want my trip report link...

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: just a hunting report and an amnita question [Re: DepthToTheCore]
    #2837659 - 06/28/04 08:51 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

To oont out a few items of interests. Amanita musaria is not a hallucinogenic mushrooms. I t cayuses an inebriation similar to alcohol intoxication rather than hallucinations. putting users into dream like states of delusions and illusions.

Read Andrew weils paper in the marriage of the sun and the moon.

Or Jonathan Ott's early papers in the h Journal of Psychoactive drugs.

There are also a few articles on Amanita intoxicatios int he Italian Journal Eleusis which is in English and Italian. There is a website for that journal with some articles available for review.

mj

I personally do not recommend it to anyone because I have observed some of the negative effects of the use amogst friends ithe ealry 1970s.

There are, however, many who do like it, notwithstanding the negative reactions of most who eat them.

mj

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures