Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Wood lovers shoebox substrate recipe?
    #28283451 -

I'm planning on some wood lovers soon. I have gym. luteo. in LC now, and receiving ovoid spores in the future. Does anybody has a reliable substrate recipe I can use for 1-2 shoeboxes similar like I'm already using for cubes?

I was thinking of using my CVG recipe but substituting half of the coir for wood pellets but unsure how much to use and hydration.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wood lovers shoebox substrate recipe? [Re: GingerMyc] * 2
    #28283532 -

Skip the CVG. Soak, drain, then pasteurize or sterilize some woodchips and spawn grain to those. Don't expect to fruit them indoors without significant effort and experimentation, though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wood lovers shoebox substrate recipe? [Re: GingerMyc]
    #28283701 -

update, after digging deeper here what I'll try from some recipes I found. It seems there's some luck with shoeboxes but canopies only yield about a 50% coverage with wispy mycelium

  • 3/4c. wood pellets
  • 50g coir
  • 525g water


I'll measure out the weight of the pellets when I try it for better accuracy. Hydration seems a bit low compared to coir so will update if it needs more. Theoretically it should make about 1.75qt so I'll mix 1qt oat spawn to 1qt sub and case with the leftover 3/4qt

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wood lovers shoebox substrate recipe? [Re: GingerMyc]
    #28283777 -

What species are you working with? If you're hoping to fruit it in a shoebox indoors, you're in for disappointment.

I'd be interested to see the sources for that recipe too, if you've got them handy.

Check out The Official Woodlovers Thread, it's long but full of great info if you want to dive down the rabbit hole.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wood lovers shoebox substrate recipe? [Re: Fungus Gnat]
    #28283809 -

Gymnopulis Letofolius

Right here and I just roughly put it to give me 1.5+qt per shoebox which I've had success with for cubes. Seems the pellets might be a determining factor between hardwood or coniferous. Even if I get 1/4 yield I'll be happy. I don't plan on ingesting due to bitterness and low potency but would like to get some fun grows and prints for trade value honestly.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24911240/fpart/all

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* i need advice about wood lovers uneasyone 1,195 6 07/20/04 12:54 PM
by uneasyone
* Looking for horse dung/worm dung substrate recipe Frenshroom 2,895 2 12/06/01 09:42 PM
by Numba9
* What are your favorite substrate recipes? flatalbert 3,296 1 02/05/02 05:51 PM
by puscle
* Recycled newspaper - possible wood lover substrate? TheProfessor 1,192 6 01/26/04 04:37 PM
by TheProfessor
* liquid culture for wood lovers... sakura 981 1 04/30/04 09:20 PM
by Prisoner#1
* This substrate recipe works for me: Mazamaze 3,060 2 11/30/01 12:19 PM
by soulsquabble
* Updated Alien Tek substrate recipe? logical 4,335 1 08/05/02 08:22 PM
by logical
* Nice coco fiber substrate recipe Blotty 5,705 1 05/18/02 04:57 PM
by durban_poison

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
349 topic views. 19 members, 273 guests and 123 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.