Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Ocala / Gainesville
    #2799089 - 06/16/04 12:45 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

So.. its been rainin heavy like every day around 4 oclock and theres been many reports of shrooms in my area and i cant find any. I keep finding these white shrooms with pink gills and other ones which look sorta like small cubes with black gills. maybe the poop im looking in isnt grain fed and I've gone to this wildlife reserve in Lochloosa which used to have tons and I havent found any.. maybe they changed the food.

these shrooms ive been finding may be copelandias.. but they dont bruise blue so they cant be right?

Edited by psilocybin0 (06/18/04 11:22 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Loc: Southern United States
Re: Ocala / Gainesville [Re: ]
    #2799189 - 06/16/04 01:12 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

this is for the gathering forum

this isnt allowed in this forum

read the rules

this post will be locked

taken from rules:

2. No asking for hunting partners.
The Hunting Forum is for identification purposes, we are not a hook up of any kind. If you would like to request a hunting buddy, make a thread about it in the Gathering Forum.

Edited by GaNjAShRooM (06/16/04 01:15 PM)

Anonymous

#2799254 - 06/16/04 01:25 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

just chill out.. post isnt only about that anyways so dont lock it plz.. it pertains to mushroom hunting.

Edited by psilocybin0 (06/16/04 01:26 PM)

Offlinebongoboy2000
Bongoboy2000
Male
Loc: Seattle
    #2799930 - 06/16/04 04:58 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

yea when I went i found a bunch of those pink gilled ones too. I'd also like to know what they are.

Offlinebongoboy2000
Bongoboy2000
Male
    #2799931 - 06/16/04 04:58 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

yea when I went i found a bunch of those pink gilled ones too. I'd also like to know what they are.

Anonymous

#2800574 - 06/16/04 08:51 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

hey.. why exactly do they only grow in the poop of cows that eat grain feed? and do they have to eat it often? cuz most of the cows i find only eat grass.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #2800606 - 06/16/04 08:57 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

psilocybin0 said:
hey.. why exactly do they only grow in the poop of cows that eat grain feed?

They don't, thats a myth.

Anonymous

Re: Ocala / Gainesville [Re: Gumby]
    #2800742 - 06/16/04 09:27 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

what do u mean its not true?? why does everyonethink this? what DO they need to grow? and what can a farmer do to keep them from growing?

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myceliaville !!!
    #2800823 - 06/16/04 09:58 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

psilocybin0 said:
what do u mean its not true?? 

He means that it doesn't matter what type of feed they are fed,if the spores are there,so are the mushrooms.

Quote:

psilocybin0 said:
why does everyonethink this? 

Uh,cause they still believe in "Old Wives Tales"?

Quote:

psilocybin0 said:
what DO they need to grow?   

Uh,"Shit"?

Quote:

psilocybin0 said:
and what can a farmer do to keep them from growing?   

Uh, nothing?

:cool: :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #2800831 - 06/16/04 10:02 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

It's just not true. Cubensis grow from cow dung. Period. Not any kind of special cow dung, just cow dung. People think this because their friends told them so and people chose to believe it instead of get on the net to see if it's really true. Then you tell your friends and they tell their friends, the same way other rumors spread  :tongue:

Now you can tell you're friends that they don't know what they're talking about and that they smell funny too (if that's the case).

As far as farmers stopping mushroom growth, they don't deliberatly add antifungals to the feed to kill mushrooms; like a lot of people will tell you. It's not cost efficent.

They might add antifungals to feed if they have problems with Aspergillus mold(link). Aspergillus mold produces Alfatoxins that can kills cows. The levels of antifungals they would use to prevent Aspergillus would probably not effect the growth of cubensis, however.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Ocala / Gainesville [Re: bongoboy2000]
    #2801606 - 06/17/04 07:15 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I went i found a bunch of those pink gilled ones too. I'd also like to know what they are.

Hey everybody,

The pink-gilled mushrooms are most likely (this is only a guess) Agaricus mushrooms. Agaricus mushrooms grow in a pattern, like clock-work, for a couple weeks before everyone starts finding shrooms in the early summer, the Agaricus come out in the pastures and confuse people for a couple weeks and then they dissappear and leave the Cubes and Copelandia's to grow alone.

Some Agaricus mushrooms (Pink to Brown gills) are edible, but the ones here in florida are not so easy to identify so they are best just all left alone and never eaten.

Invisibleilus
Bred in Captivity
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around the bend.
    #2801632 - 06/17/04 07:31 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'm in Gainesville and I went out 2 nights ago right after it rained and there were close to 3000 tiny mushrooms in a field I usually go to. I saw cow patties that had at least 50 small cubes on them. There wern't any mushrooms big enough to pick yet - but my friends went out later on that night after they had grown. We went to like 5 fields, and in all of those they were all the same size - but there are tons of mushrooms out now. I'll post our findings after I see what they got.

They are DEFINETLY out there - just keep looking!

--------------------
Message me for Mushroom Tinctures
Lion's Mane, Reishi, Turkey Tail, Chaga, Shiitake / Extracts / CBD Isolate, Oil
----
My Art, Design, Sculpture & Music:  http://www.conceptflow.org

Edited by ilus (06/17/04 07:35 AM)

Offlinedeepgaze
stoner-covertingto tripper

Loc: northeastern USA
shit? [Re: ]
    #2801777 - 06/17/04 08:41 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

is there something in the cow shit that supports the spores? like an exact nutrients? maybe something can be harnessed and exstracted? sorry for all the questions i just got into the shroom hunting hobby.

--------------------
build a man a fire.
keep him warm for a day.
set a man on fire.
keep him warm for the rest of his life.
~naku(UT04)~

Offlinebongoboy2000
Bongoboy2000
Male
Re: shit? [Re: deepgaze]
    #2801980 - 06/17/04 10:12 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

hey thats a cool tip, GGreatone, about the agaricus fortelling the future of cubes! thanks. I cant wait till it rains..

Deepgaze- Thats an interesting idea about extracting certain things from cow poo, but I dont think there's much more there than just a very convinient place for mushrooms to grow. Mushrooms are decomposers, meaning they feed on dead or rotting earthy materials, and what better a place than in old digested cow shit. It probaly also has something to do with the acidity, but thats purly a guess. You can grow cubes on brown rice just fine, so I dont see a reason to look too deeply into the shit. lol, but who knows im sure someone herecan tell you much more for sure than I can guess. good luck

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: shit? [Re: deepgaze]
    #2802342 - 06/17/04 12:26 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Cubensis favor cow dung because the digestive system of bovines doesn't use stomach acid, it uses multipule stomachs. Without the acid, the spores aren't destroyed. This way the spores are able to pass though the digestive system unharmed and are able to germinate(not sure if thats the right word for spores) in the dung.

Anonymous

Re: shit? [Re: ]
    #2803171 - 06/17/04 05:23 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

muahahha the clouds have opened up and god has sent down a field just for me.. all i had to do was smoke this kid out and give him 4 bux to tell me where it is :-D . anyways im going tonite, the fields are right behind this church and theres poeple living right next to it.. church folk usually go to sleep early dont they? what is best for hunting at night.. dark clothes and such? i hope i dont get caught cuz that would suck but if its lookin good tonite im goin out there.. wish me luck

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck