Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineegolesss
veteran
Re: Classical music
    #278982 - 03/29/01 02:37 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I love instruments tripping, all of them in unison bursting and dancing together, it can be scarry, orgasmic, saddening all within minutes. Classical gives a serious sensory ride...

Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy.....

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #281259 - 03/29/01 02:37 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I love instruments tripping, all of them in unison bursting and dancing together, it can be scarry, orgasmic, saddening all within minutes. Classical gives a serious sensory ride...

Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy.....

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

OfflineFina
Banana Spacegirl

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
    #284470 - 04/02/01 11:20 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

That reminds me of a rather obscure Italian movie I once saw. It's a sort of parody/tribute to Disney's Fantasia and while I can't really say they're on the same level in terms of cinematic quality, itfollows that theme of setting animation to classical music and some of it is very, very effective and quite beautifully done. One thing you absolutely have to see while tripping is one cartoonists interpretation of the evolution of life on another planet, set to Ravel's Bolero. It is amazing while sober and unbelievable when tripping! and also quite disturbing. There is so much depth and meaning behind each animated piece and the classical soundtrack brings it to life like magic. The other sequences that really stand out are a very psychedelic interpretation of Debussy's Afternoon of a Faun and the story of an abandonded cat imagining life with his old family, set to the Valtzer Triste, which I guarantee you will break your heart every time you see it.
Oh yeah, the name of the film is "Allegro Non Troppo." If you like cartoons and classical music and you've already seen Fantasia a million times over, it's definately worth tracking down.

Peace, love & pointy things,
Fina

--------------------
"On the last day of your life,
Don't forget to die." -- Silver Jews

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience