Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Cooling a grow tent in an uninsulated cabin in the middle of a HOT summer?
    #27859050 -

Hi guys.

During the winter I was having a great time growing shiitake -- I was growing some really nice chonky pinsets on the regular. Here's a pic. I had a really nice, dialed-in setup.  Very well insulated, and connected to a temp-controlled fan heater that blows hot air in directly through ducting.  I also had set up automated humidity, lighting, and FAE.

Here's my setup. <-- I've cleaned it up quite a bit since then.

However, summer has been a disaster.  It's been above 30c outside all month (86+f) and will regularly be in the mid 30s (95+f) soon.  I have NO way to cool down the tent/room except for a wall-mounted AC unit in the cabin itself.  Its lowest temperature setting is 16c(60f), and the cabin is uninsulated so the cool air is constantly escaping.

The running cost is astronomical, and it isn't even getting the temp down as low as I want.  The shiitake I'm growing prefer temps between 13-22c (55 to 71f).

What are my options? I wanted to fill this entire cabin with a wall-to-wall grow tent setup, but if the lack of insulation in the cabin walls/windows is going to be such a huge issue, maybe I need to re-think that?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cooling a grow tent in an uninsulated cabin in the middle of a HOT summer? [Re: shittishitake]
    #27859062 -

Set it for 65-68f. Maybe build a tunnel from your ac to the tent using PVC and plastic, if it's close enough. If it don't get that low maybe get a better air conditioner.

Edited by Bigworm (07/11/22 06:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Ghetto Grow Tent/w pics NerdKiller 4,361 11 01/15/02 07:59 PM
by NerdKiller
* I need a good online grow guide NotAllThere 1,088 2 05/30/02 11:41 AM
by Anno
* My new grow chamber/ incubator GratefulDread 2,288 5 12/13/02 06:05 AM
by Skikid16
* My First Grow Log - Golden Teacher and B+ ShroomAgent1213 727 0 07/11/22 08:34 AM
by ShroomAgent1213
* How to grow a pound?
( 1 2 all )
PDU 4,982 27 12/15/02 04:28 PM
by psilocybinjunkie
* Question about grow room in attic *DELETED* EvilJesus 1,240 5 08/06/02 11:28 AM
by bluhoney
* Tent as Growing Area? PooGrower 1,160 1 11/25/02 05:21 PM
by cheifdog24
* Help with first try growing....no colinization magicmike 1,322 13 11/17/01 01:07 PM
by phrozendata

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
126 topic views. 16 members, 120 guests and 151 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.