Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
wisdom teeth
    #2736708 - 05/27/04 12:33 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i'm getting all 4 wisdom teeth taken out next week. i was given a choice of anestesia including a coctail of local anestethic, nitrous, and valium or to be completely knocked out.

for the people who have had this surgery...what do you recommend? i'd like to not feel any pain at all (knock out) but i also want to be drugged out (coctail). for those who have had the surgery please tell me what you chose and if it was the right choice. thanks!

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: wisdom teeth [Re: TODAY]
    #2736750 - 05/27/04 12:39 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'm not gonna tell you what happened with mine, because I was an unusual case, and I don't wanna scare you off! :eek: Be that as it may, I'd choose the local with  Valium, and be sure to always hollar for more so you'll be dosed to the max. You'll still feel it a bit, but you just won't care! :laugh:

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2736870 - 05/27/04 01:03 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I went with the complete knock-out. Yeah, with only local you won't feel the pain, but you'll still hear and feel the vibrations, the god-awful grinding noises, smoke coming out of your mouth, etc. Pain-free and enjoyable are two different animals.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #2736981 - 05/27/04 01:28 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i got put out when i got my wisdom teeth removed...  i didnt wanna be awake for that shit.. and the stuff they give to put you out makes you feel really fuked up when you wake up anyways .  and besides, you'll be getting some vicodin or percocets afterwards so itll be all good :stoned:

OfflineIts Pat
Still kicking
 User Gallery

Loc: THAT MAKES ME BETTER THAN YOU
    #2737132 - 05/27/04 01:56 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I was also knocked out when my wisdom teeth were pulled.

If you do go for the cocktail, tell the dentist that Valium don't work well for you. Instead ask the destist for Halcion, which works much better than Valium!

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
Loc: Gallifrey
Re: wisdom teeth [Re: Infrared]
    #2737136 - 05/27/04 01:57 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I just had one of my wisdom teeth removed (it had a cavity) and all I had was the novacaine shot thingies + the topical they put on before that. I did have a portable cdplayer and was listening to delerium at high volume, that helped. As long as you get a good Rx for pain afterwards, it''s not that big of a deal. Advil works really well on the after-surgery dull kind of pains. Mostly it's just disturbing "feeling" (in a very remote/numb way) your tooth come out. Mine was weird though because it actually broke (b/c of the cavity) and that was REALLY disturbing, even over the loud music I heard/felt this sound that can only be compared to really thick ice (like on a frozen lake in early spring) breaking.

But because of the breaking it was harder to extract, they spent almost 1.5hrs on just that one tooth. So that aspect sucked, how long I was there.

--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: wisdom teeth [Re: unbeliever]
    #2737162 - 05/27/04 02:03 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Complete knockout...was swollen for days, then because they didn't stitch my gums up I got dry socket and was in some of the worst pain I've ever been in. 

The best part was being drugged!  :smile:

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: wisdom teeth [Re: Jellric]
    #2737221 - 05/27/04 02:25 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

yes, i forgot about the grinding and smoke. i've had a few teeth taken out before but nothing as big/deep as wisdom teeth (the top two haven't even errupted yet). they just yanked them, no drilling or anything. i think i'll ask to be put out because as deepblue42 mentioned, i will have a nice prescription for some meds for a few days. will they give me percocet if i ask for it? usually they just dish out vicodins for something like this but i definately want something stronger than vicodin.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
    #2737255 - 05/27/04 02:35 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

trust me man, get the knock out

thats what I got

if you dont, you'll FEEL them cutting through yours gums and shit.  You wont care at the time, but for the rest of you're life, you'll have the distinct memory of what it felt like to have somone cutting into your gums.  :blush:

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

#2737684 - 05/27/04 04:35 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

get knocked out...being awake would be horrible...you may not feel it beign awake,but seeing and hearing that shit, dear lord! get knocked out, you will thank yoruself.

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

InvisibleRunDMT
H?L? GH??
    #2737690 - 05/27/04 04:37 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I did it without anesthetics and what not. Here?s what my sink looked like that day:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: wisdom teeth [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #2737694 - 05/27/04 04:39 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I was awake for an extensive root canal, no pain.. but man did that suck. teeth chips flying into your throat..smoke rising from them.. the sensation of a drill bit going into your tooth, not fun. Actually I kind of enjoyed it, but I am a mouth masochist. I have to get my wisdom teeth removed soon, and I think I'm going for the straight knock out.. I don't want to be awake while four teeth are being pulled out of the back of my mouth.

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #2737708 - 05/27/04 04:42 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

get knocked out, you'll feel the best feeling then your out and in what seems like seconds you'll be awake and it'll be over. You'll be real fucked up too.

The gauze is the worst.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: wisdom teeth [Re: gdman]
    #2737717 - 05/27/04 04:45 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

the mint gauze? I love that stuff

--------------------

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

Re: wisdom teeth [Re: RunDMT]
    #2737725 - 05/27/04 04:47 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

with out anestetics? so you were awake and everything, wouldn't that hurt liek all hell? thats not too much blood, but still hurts and sucks...when i got all 4 of mine done it didn't hurt TOO bad...i was in pain and smoking cigerettes and pot and drinking liquor didn't help. Cigerettes hurt really bad to smoke i could feel the nicotine going STRAIGHT into my blood from my holes in my gums (atleast it felt that way) and pot didn't hurt too bad, but your not supposed to suck on anything. And when i got drunk the 1 time when i was in pain it was such a shitty time...i was drunk but my mouth hurt so bad. I COULDN'T sleep or anything. And then the day before i went to the guy for him to clean the holes and stuff i had 3 cheese burgers and so much of them got stuck in the holes, that when he cleaned them all this floating day old burger crap was floating in my mouth and tasted like utter ass. And i took more vicoden then i shoudla a few times...like 3 or 4 at a time and i ran out early and that kinda sucked, but i dealt with it.

--------------------

InvisibleRunDMT
H?L? GH??
    #2737733 - 05/27/04 04:50 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well, it was just one tooth. I reckon all four would result in a lot more blood. The weird thing about that experince is that the picture was taken the morning after I had it done. Actually most of the blood didn't go into the sink, as I kept myself with spitoons. Yeah it hurt bad as hell. But the crunching and crackling of the jaw was worse. I didn't mean to do it without any dope, but that's how I do my 'normal' dentistry stuff, so I turned it down like usual as I'd forgotten what I was doing there. Started getting worried when she put one knee up on the chair. :crazy:

Hahah yeah man. Had so much shit stuck in the hole... Never thought it'd contract. :thumbup:

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

Re: wisdom teeth [Re: gdman]
    #2737734 - 05/27/04 04:51 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

gdman420 said:
get knocked out, you'll feel the best feeling then your out and in what seems like seconds you'll be awake and it'll be over. You'll be real fucked up too.

The gauze is the worst.

haha, i don't remember being fucked up before i was knocoked out...all i remember is NOTHING..haha. My brother though he was rambling about stupid shit and started scratching his balls a lot.

But when i woke up, i got wheeled out to the car and i was like "it totally feels like i'm floating." and then 2 weeks later i when i went back i was like "now i remember coming out of the office, down the stairs and walking to the car!" adn my mom was like "uhh...honey, you were wheeled out, we went in the elevator and they rolled you all the way up to the car door." i was like "oh." I remember being in and out of it all day, it was great. Until the hsit wore off and i could feel it. Butwhen i got home i had scrambled eggs w/ toast, pudding, and somethign else. But only cause i couldn't feelshit.

--------------------

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
    #2737735 - 05/27/04 04:51 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

They yanked a 4 of mine in the Navy ...I had a 12 hr pass to rest and then i spit blood for 3 days moping floors...Did i ever tell yall about walking to school barefooted in the snow?

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

Re: wisdom teeth [Re: RunDMT]
    #2737736 - 05/27/04 04:52 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i was spitting up so much blood, i was spiting in the toilet and it was all red and thick of blood.

--------------------

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
Loc: Gallifrey
    #2737958 - 05/27/04 05:51 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

YouEnjoyMyself said:
i was spitting up so much blood, i was spiting in the toilet and it was all red and thick of blood.

heh you should have been using gauze and should not have been spitting so much, the kind of suctioning it creates can cause dry socket. Your dentist sounds like a total hack.

--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder