Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Loc: ¯\(º_o)/¯
Question about hops and sedative smokable herbs
    #2719968 - 05/23/04 07:26 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Hi, I have been looking into sedative smokable herbs and came up with 4 names, passion flower, valerian, skull cap and hops.

I`ve decidet to try hops first (i have hops growin up against an entire wall on my house so easy choice), I have made tea of hops before but never thought about smoking it.

This I know about hops, it has humolone that gives you better appetite and volatile oils that gives hops its sedative and soporific effects. Im wondering about how these is when smoked, will smoking hops simply make it loose its effect?

Hops is in family with cannabis, Im wondering if you could use same methods as cannabis to promote flowering (photo periods) ? And what about resin collection? Could you make a hops-hash maybe?

Hops vs passion flower , valerian or skull cap - wich works IYO most sedative and what gives best flavour and are in general ok to smoke and so on? Any other suggestions=

Let me just make it clear that Im not looking for the plant that gives the best high, im trying to find out wich is most sedative when smoked (not taken in tea and so on)

--------------------
note: english is my 3rd languange, please ignore misspelling and poor english, im doing my best :smile:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ug98TKkWKy0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: Question about hops and sedative smokable herbs [Re: shamantra]
    #2720351 - 05/23/04 08:30 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Don't expect very strong affects at all from smoking hops. The stuff is terrible smelling in large quantities. What purposes are you using it for? Sleep aid or just for fun? It may be some assistance in getting to better rest but I don't think you will find it very euphoric or fun at all. I'm sure there are a few people that enjoy it but its not that recreational. Passion flower blooms are very nice when smoked. Valerian is stinky and I wouldn't smoke it. I would try to distill valeric acid and smoke it (its liquid) in a hash pipe or dilute in EtOh.

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Re: Question about hops and sedative smokable herbs [Re: Aneglakya]
    #2720392 - 05/23/04 08:38 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

my goal was to see if I can find a smokable sedative alternative, more just to see if there is any that works sedative when smoked.

But the smoke part was more to check if it exist, I do need something sedative, Ive been drinking camomile tea but it works poorly.

I keep turning over in the bed and wake up all the time during the night (i have these periods every once in a while)

. So maybe there is something I can smoke instead of smoking alot of hashish wich i often ends up with when nothing else helps.

--------------------
note: english is my 3rd languange, please ignore misspelling and poor english, im doing my best :smile:

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

#2720424 - 05/23/04 08:45 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

my suggestion is just to go with your instinct. It takes a lot of experimenting and you will get different results than other people. For me I love to smoke california poppy foliage but I know that there are way more people that find it as a mild and inneffective herb than do find it enjoyable like myself.

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Re: Question about hops and sedative smokable herbs [Re: Aneglakya]
    #2720539 - 05/23/04 09:05 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

yes, i have droppet the plans with smoking hops (i can always make tea of hops wich works great) after searchin the net for experiences and so on. People seem to agree with you when it comes to smoking hops :smile:

But I did order passion flower, damiana, sassafras (tea not smoke) and skullcap from amazing-nature.com just now and are gonna try them four first.
'

--------------------

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

#2720547 - 05/23/04 09:07 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Please share your results.

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
    #2720596 - 05/23/04 09:19 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

hops and a little damania works pretty decent. i prefer teas to smoking things mostly though. hops makes me very sleepy.

also valerian will help you sleep longer. just get a standardized extract though.

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: Question about hops and sedative smokable herbs [Re: the man]
    #2720620 - 05/23/04 09:24 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

When I firsted started exploring entheogens it was my natural instinct to smoke it all but I have found it to be way less affective than making tea (depending on the solubility of the desired constituents). I find placebo to be more likely when you smoke a new herb because of the oxygen deprivation.

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #2720790 - 05/23/04 10:03 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

About a year ago, a friend of mine and I were board and decided to fuck around with smoking mixes of course reefer was our base in these. However we found out that using some "wild strain of mint" (this is what the old people who lived in the house before me said) gave very tangible different effects from just straight herb. Well as it turns out, this mint happened to be mellisa (lemon balm) Which acording to all the herbals I have read, is no good when dried. However I got good effects from dring it in the oven and smoking it. Lately I have been chewing it and making a tea with it. Pick a handfull of leaves. Shred them by hand add a pinch of dried pepper mint leaves. Pour your tea kettle water on it. I place a saucer over the top of the cup to try to keep in volitale oils. Add a teaspoon of sugar. Man this stuff is so fucking good. Anyways I love lemon balm. :thumbup: :crazy2:

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
    #9531706 - 01/02/09 11:23 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i too am interested in quick stong sedatives...
smokable, chewable or sublingual...

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Question about hops and sedative smokable herbs [Re: lucid]
    #9531787 - 01/02/09 11:43 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

You just dug up a 4 years 7 months old thread.

FH

OfflineBlackPeace
Self proclaimed CEO
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Question about hops and sedative smokable herbs [Re: felixhigh]
    #16690231 - 08/12/12 09:45 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

As I did
:leonblack:

Offlinetreebread
Stranger

Re: Question about hops and sedative smokable herbs [Re: BlackPeace]
    #16699304 - 08/14/12 02:40 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

well since y'all have dug this up, I wish we could hear about more of these beauties with sedative effects and their specific ROA's.  I have been using valerian and hops lately for help with sleep, alongside melatonin.  but minds eye's lemon balm and mint concoction sounds interesting

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules