Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
LSD Use Nearly Non-Existent
    #2532413 - 04/06/04 04:59 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

http://www.jointogether.org/sa/news/summaries/reader/0,1854,570268,00.html

LSD Use Nearly Non-Existent
4/6/2004

The significant drop in LSD use has flabbergasted the researchers at the University of Michigan who conduct the annual "Monitoring the Future" study, Slate reported April 1.

In the 2003 survey, LSD use among high-school seniors dropped to 1.9 percent from 3.5 percent in 2002. The highest rate was in 2000 and 2001, when 6.6 percent of seniors said they used the drug.

Lead researcher Dr. Lloyd Johnston said he and his colleagues have never seen such a significant drop in the use of an established illegal drug. University of Maryland professor Peter Reuter, a leading drug-policy expert, agreed with Johnston. "We have literally never seen anything like this," Reuter says. "This isn't a trend. This is an event."

The decline is unusual because it has not been accompanied by a rise in youth perceptions about the risk or disapproval of LSD use. Supply reduction may have more to do with the trend: several major busts by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) has reduced LSD supply channels, and the end of touring by bands like the Grateful Dead and Phish -- always associated with the LSD subculture -- may also have had an impact.

However, even as the Monitoring the Future study showed that LSD use was declining, there has been a steady increase in use of other hallucinogens.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: LSD Use Nearly Non-Existent [Re: Anno]
    #2574447 - 04/18/04 03:17 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Anno said:
However, even as the Monitoring the Future study showed that LSD use was declining, there has been a steady increase in use of other hallucinogens.

Drug use doesn't go up or down, it just changes. Looks at graphs showing drug use over the years, its always as one goes down another goes up so nothing really changes. LSD use is extreamely low not but shroom use has gone up *alot* due to this. Speed and coke also both switched w/ each other. Now heroin is very low but prescription pain killers have sky rocketed. How can drug use possibly be controlled in a free country?

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: LSD Use Nearly Non-Existent [Re: DailyPot]
    #2576825 - 04/19/04 05:52 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

> How can drug use possibly be controlled in a free country?

Why should drug use be controlled in a free country?

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflinejamboUK
A Fun Guy
Re: LSD Use Nearly Non-Existent [Re: Seuss]
    #2626353 - 05/01/04 02:30 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

"Drug use doesn't go up or down, it just changes."

Of course it goes up and down! It's an activity, just like playing golf or stabbing people. All kinds of factors, ranging from ease of access to fashion, just like these other activities, make drug use fluctuate, year-on-year, I don't see how anyone could deny that.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #2626438 - 05/01/04 02:52 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

man this sucks! I wish I could try acid

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Re: LSD Use Nearly Non-Existent [Re: Seuss]
    #2627478 - 05/02/04 09:34 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> How can drug use possibly be controlled in a free country?

Why should drug use be controlled in a free country?

It shouldn't, I was just saying it also cant be controlled, another reason why it shouldn't be.

>Of course it goes up and down! It's an activity, just like playing golf or stabbing people. All kinds of factors, ranging from ease of access to fashion, just like these other activities, make drug use fluctuate, year-on-year, I don't see how anyone could deny that.

I dont think drug use really goes up and down too much in general. Maybe people will use will go down in one city but then use goes up in another. I think it all end up evening out, location changes, drug of choice changes, ages using change, and afew other factors but overall I think theres much more *change* than actual drop or rise in usage.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #2628519 - 05/02/04 04:09 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I wouldn't go so far as to say drug use just changes rather than rising or dropping, but the reason it does seem to do so is because the demand for the drugs remain the same, but the supply may be extremely low such as with LSD. So when the supply isn't met but the demand is still the same as it was before the supply was disrupted, people will turn to other drugs that are easier or cheaper to make, such as mushrooms. This has happened around here also, it's so rare to find acid yet homegrown mushrooms are everywhere

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #2630694 - 05/03/04 02:15 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

That Pickard bust really fucked things up. It's not that people don't want it,they simply can't find it. When someone takes his place,it's gonna explode.

And with the explosion of internet drug sites,more people are turning to,of course,things like mushrooms and RC's.

I don't actually find this all that interesting. It's mainly from the supply side of things. Ecstasy use is rapidly declining even though supplies are at an all time high. That's more interesting to me,personally.

While certain drugs wax and wane in popularity,drug consumption as a whole stays pretty much the same. For example,from '88 to '92 cocaine use dropped by almost half,but heroin and marijuana consumption increased dramatically.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Edited by monoamine (05/03/04 02:24 AM)

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

#2630806 - 05/03/04 05:06 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Ecstacy use is gonig down? In my area there are tons of new people that want to try it and after they do they convince tons of others to want to try it. Theres a line of new users waiting and the old ones haven't gotten tired of E yet.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #2631404 - 05/03/04 10:27 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, and I haven't noticed any increase in E availablity in my area. If I had I would have purchased some recently. :grin: :grin: :grin: :pill:

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinesantashroom
"PsilocybinSyrup"

Loc: in a field near you
    #2637518 - 05/04/04 03:46 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Took some L last Friday.
Little woodgrain colored paper.
I thought it looked shotty but i split 1 hit with my girl and we had a soaring clear trip from 3:40-11:30. It really surprised me.
I think it was silver, but not as visual as other silver i've had. Of course it was only half a hit.
It's around if you know were to stick your nose!

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: LSD Use Nearly Non-Existent [Re: santashroom]
    #2639311 - 05/04/04 11:02 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'm gonna have to start nosing around then.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinebeatnicknick
The Innovator
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD Use Nearly Non-Existent [Re: Ekstaza]
    #5524574 - 04/17/06 11:55 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Out of the 16 shroomers I usually trip with NONE of them have ever had LSD. Where I live, LSD is a forgotten drug. It's never talked about, and I do not know one person who has ever tried it, none of my multiple dozens of drug trying friends have ever had the glory to come across this holy hippy drug.

My parents might have tried it, but I don't even know that for sure. They were around when the stuff was legal and abundant.

If only I could have lived back then  :mad:

--------------------
I don't think for myself. I think as though I'm explaining my thoughts to someone else. I'm concerned only for those listening.

OfflineDadeMurphy
H4x0r

Re: LSD Use Nearly Non-Existent [Re: beatnicknick]
    #5525795 - 04/17/06 04:50 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

This thread is 2 years old. Acid is more available these days, you just have to know the right folks.

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD Use Nearly Non-Existent [Re: DadeMurphy]
    #5526132 - 04/17/06 06:04 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i have personally noticed a huge increase in E availability, shrooms has stayed about the same, and LSD has been increasingly harder to find

this is in central ohio

--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
    #5529752 - 04/18/06 02:25 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

and the end of touring by bands like the Grateful Dead and Phish -- always associated with the LSD subculture -- may also have had an impact.

:frown: Those were good days.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: LSD Use Nearly Non-Existent [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #5537011 - 04/20/06 10:08 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I_was_the_walrus said:
Quote:

and the end of touring by bands like the Grateful Dead and Phish -- always associated with the LSD subculture -- may also have had an impact.

:frown: Those were good days.

:yesnod: with no big cross-country tours, all these people that know other people from the lot don't meet up anymore :frown:

--------------------

Offlinederyl
Stranger
Male

Loc: Uncle Tom's
Re: LSD Use Nearly Non-Existent [Re: Krishna]
    #5538604 - 04/20/06 05:58 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

When the Dead and Phish stopped touring the only thing that changed was that there was no longer a "one stop shop" so to speak for the average person (ie: drug tourist)

There are still plenty of bands touring which have much tighter and better supplied groups of people following them.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag