Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Is This Tattoo A Bad Idea?
    #25373003 -

I Have a Ex fiancé's Initial's on my arm.

Bottom Left(Side Closest to my chest)  of my deltoid.

I need it covered up.

I have no desire to get a tattoo whatsoever.

The only thing I can think of I want is some Mushroom's.
Or a flower or my cat's Face but I can't do that.
I've been pondering for months.

The tattoo is a little over a inch wide and a little over a inch tall.
All the mushroom tattoo art I find won't cover it up sadly.

But this beauty will...



Thinking I could hide the the old tattoo in the middle shrooms cap?

Woah I didn't expect the picture to be that big.

Now I know this is forever.

I'm going to make it as small as possible but big enough to still look right.

I can play this mushroom on my arm off if I have to explain it.

And one mushroom trip in particular really did things for me or allowed me to do things for myself so I feel like it would be a good forever type memory to needle in my arm...

Opinions please?
Should I Get The Tattoo?
You may choose only one


Votes accepted from 08/07/18 02:14 PM until the end of time
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll



--------------------

A Man Must Learn To Sail In All Winds.:bliss: RIP ModestMouse & Big Worm:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is This Tattoo A Bad Idea? [Re: BattyKoda] * 1
    #25373010 -

I wouldn't do the shroomery logo because it's a logo. Basic silhouettes don't tend to look all that great as tattoos either, they tend to look cheap and not very well thought through. I'd just get it laser removed, or find a cover-up specialist that can do something crazy awesome with it.

Edited by PatrickKn (08/07/18 05:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is This Tattoo A Bad Idea? [Re: BattyKoda] * 4
    #25373011 -

That ones too big.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is This Tattoo A Bad Idea? [Re: Crazy_Horse]
    #25373058 -

PatrickKn said:
I wouldn't do the shroomery logo because it's a logo. Basic silhouettes don't tend to look all that great as tattoos either, they tend to look cheap and not very well thought through. I'd just get it laser removed, or find a cover-up specialist that can do something crazy awesome with it.



All of my tattoos already look cheap and not well thought through.

I won't say they are mistakes because they mean well.

I just need this one.
Gone.

Maybe just the middle shroom?

Crazy_Horse said:
That ones too big.



:rofl:

Smaller but still proportional.


--------------------

A Man Must Learn To Sail In All Winds.:bliss: RIP ModestMouse & Big Worm:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is This Tattoo A Bad Idea? [Re: BattyKoda] * 1
    #25373069 -

So it's initials? Maybe you could put other letters around them to spell something else.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is This Tattoo A Bad Idea? [Re: psi]
    #25373082 -

psi said:
So it's initials? Maybe you could put other letters around them to spell something else.



:rofl:

Nah won't work.


--------------------

A Man Must Learn To Sail In All Winds.:bliss: RIP ModestMouse & Big Worm:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is This Tattoo A Bad Idea? [Re: BattyKoda]
    #25373135 -

I think just the middle shroom wouldn't look too great, and might look worse than all of them together. It might be confused for something else entirely and look like a blob.


There's a lot you can do. I wouldn't just put the first thing that looks like it could cover it on you.











Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is This Tattoo A Bad Idea? [Re: BattyKoda]
    #25373138 -

talk to an artist about what ideas they have for shape and size to make it look right, or just get whatever the hell you want to cover it up, it doesn't sound like a large area.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is This Tattoo A Bad Idea? [Re: ReposadoXochipilli] * 2
    #25373153 -

Its your body OP. Do what you want.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is This Tattoo A Bad Idea? [Re: Patlal]
    #25373176 -

My girlfriend has her ex-husband's name tatooed on the back of her neck.

"Bill"

I told her I'd pay to get it changed to "Hillbilly".

That offer is good for life. :cookiemonster:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is This Tattoo A Bad Idea? [Re: BattyKoda] * 1
    #25373290 -

Snakeye said:
I Have a Ex fiancé's Initial's on my arm.

Bottom Left(Side Closest to my chest)  of my deltoid.

I need it covered up.

I have no desire to get a tattoo whatsoever.



Personally, I would never cover or remove a tattoo as they're all part of my life story. I have a message to my ex-wife and her nickname on my stomach and people often say why not cover up/remove. Fuck that. That shit happened, and I'm not about to try and forget it.

But for you, based on what you say, why not get it removed if you don't want another tat to cover it?


--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is This Tattoo A Bad Idea? [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 2
    #25373396 -

i say no to that particular image but i love a good mushroom tattoo. some people, especially here, will call you a dumb fuck for getting something "drug related" as a tattoo, and maybe they're right. but i personally always appreciate them.

anyway, bottom line, if you're asking for others' input on a tattoo the answer is probably no, don't get it. it's your body and it's forever, you gotta be 1000% in on it. but i do understand wanting to cover up something that causes you pain when you look at it. i also understand JSB's perspective on it, but if it comes down to a matter of poorer quality of life then i see nothing wrong with trying to change it. that's one thing i always loved about ink, it's permanent, but the canvas of your body forever changes. you can add to, change, or cover up certain pieces as the story of your life evolves.

thread is making me wanna get a new piece. it's been almost exactly a year since my last one and i have a few ideas i really want. hmm...


--------------------


Connoisseur said:
oh ive cried on drugs

sunshine said:
Tragic.  I told the cop not to do it but he didn't listen.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is This Tattoo A Bad Idea? [Re: hex_enduction]
    #25373415 -

What's the average hourly rate for a decent artist round the NE? Been thinking of seeing if I can find someone to finish the hole in my torso for me if I get my contract renewed...


--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is This Tattoo A Bad Idea? [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 1
    #25373885 -

Id do it, as long u dont mind people maybe asking about it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is This Tattoo A Bad Idea? [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #25374451 -

Jokeshopbeard said:
What's the average hourly rate for a decent artist round the NE? Been thinking of seeing if I can find someone to finish the hole in my torso for me if I get my contract renewed...



totally on the other side of the US but price of living is kind of similar, 100$ an hour here ime.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is This Tattoo A Bad Idea? [Re: ReposadoXochipilli]
    #25374526 -

That's good to hear. Prices for a good artist in London are starting to nudge on $200/hour, whereas my old artist up the country was more like $70/hour (after working together for years mind you).

I have a biiiiiiiig piece to do for my next one, so I need a balance between good/cheap.


--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is This Tattoo A Bad Idea? [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #25374711 -

East coast here. My last two pieces were $150/hr and $200/hr.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is This Tattoo A Bad Idea? [Re: badchad]
    #25374747 -

Ah. East coast too.

Fuck.


--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is This Tattoo A Bad Idea? [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #25375026 -

ime east coast around and over 150/hr for a good artist, not just some needle jockey.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is This Tattoo A Bad Idea? [Re: relic]
    #25376640 -

I've weighed my options.

It is crazy expensive to get this little tattoo removed.
And Im so tight.
When I walk I squeak.

I don't really want another tattoo unless I get lost in a jungle and join a indigenous tribe.
So paying $150 for something I don't want would break my little heart.

I really like the Shroomery logo so in the future if I change my mind or have to get it covered up that is what I'll get.
Maybe have the artist jazz it up a bit but that will be the basis.

I'm just going to leave it be.
It's hidable.
And Like it was said.
It was part of my life.
Shit happens.
No need to feel some type of way about it or spend unnecessary money's.

Battle scars.

Thank you all for your opinion's. :thumbup:


--------------------

A Man Must Learn To Sail In All Winds.:bliss: RIP ModestMouse & Big Worm:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Dating Tips, Ideas, Suggestions.
( 1 2 3 all )
SkorpivoMusterion 2,831 51 07/07/20 11:48 AM
by lowbrow
* Is OTD really that bad?
( 1 2 3 all )
GabbaDj 5,546 40 05/21/19 10:03 PM
by FatChicksNcoke
* Anyone mind throwing ideas out for first tattoo? Spooge 2,117 13 06/25/04 06:20 AM
by RunDMT
* Godsmack fans?
( 1 2 all )
L-Shroom-D 1,865 29 10/22/10 02:13 AM
by Dosile Kouki
* Godsmack fans? Bundy 561 9 09/11/11 09:43 PM
by LeftBehind
* Don't Anger Sully, Or You'll be Godsmacked! Penguarky Tunguin 482 3 05/08/06 08:51 PM
by downforpot
* Ever been Godsmacked? Moonshoe 254 1 01/22/14 12:47 PM
by Krik
* I'm getting my tattoo tomorrow!
( 1 2 all )
Delyrium 5,166 36 11/24/03 09:20 AM
by Delyrium

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
373 topic views. 1 members, 8 guests and 244 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.054 seconds spending 0.027 seconds on 24 queries.