Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblebandaid
clever title

Dream enhancers
    #2521513 - 04/03/04 12:54 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Just thought Id post this because of its great effects (in me atleast). I dream alot and so I tell my bro this, he then sometimes asks me for advice in remembering his dreams and/or enhancing them. Ive browsed lazily just a few sites a long while back looking up things to ingest to increase dreams. So far what I recommended to him is eating alot before you go to sleep, especialy things you havent ate recently so your body wont be use to it and probably have a more "chaotic"? reaction to it. My understanding of this is to disrupt your normal sleeping pattern which helps you remember your dream (this is sort of how I understand it, I havent read any scientific info on it)

I came across by mistake one of the most powerfull and effective things to increase your dreaming, smoking a ciggaret before you go to sleep, the more you smoke the more you dream. Out of all the things I read up about eating this and that NOTHING has been better than smoking a ciggaret (or multiple), Im not a smoker btw.

Hopefully you guys try it out as its the easiest thing to do and tell us. Remember tho Im a non smoker, so the effects of a regular smoker is probably nothing. Also I havent smoked weed in a LONG time so if you smoked recently it MAY decrease the effect, however, Ive toked plenty of weed before I went to sleep many times and it has none of the effect a ciggaret has so give it a try anyways.

The only annoyance that Ive had is sweating alot during sleep, since my body tries to get rid of all the toxins, Ive had 3 seperate pairs of undies to exchange when I wake up, and I periodicly have to get up and take a piss (this happens when I smoke alot right before goin to sleep). Some of you may say I might become addicted, but no matter how many times I smoke a cig I never feel like I need to smoke more, I really have no understanding of the feeling of addiction toward a cig, its like trying to be addicted to shit, no matter how much you scarf down you'll never be addicted :grin:.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Re: Dream enhancers [Re: bandaid]
    #2522155 - 04/03/04 04:26 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I'd like to find something to help enhance dreams, but I don't like sleeping right after having a cigarette. I'm a "non smoker" like you are, but if I smoke a cigarette right before getting in bed I just don't feel good.

by the way, I have felt a most extremely small degree of cigarette addiction and it wasn't fun.

--------------------

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Dream enhancers [Re: abhi]
    #2522234 - 04/03/04 04:48 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I don't know about cigarettes but I may give it a try. I do know that if you smoke weed often it will GREATLY inhibit your dreams. I was a daily smoker for over 5 years. If I wouldn't smoke for a day or two I would have the most intense dreams ever. I haven't smoked in the last 3 weeks and 2 days. I can say that I remember all of my dreams and they are way more intense. A few times I have woken up from a dream and tried to remember what I was dreaming about. 2 times I went back into the dream I was thinking about and told myself that I was dreaming in my dream. I woke up when I told myself this but I am working towards a lucid dream. Do a search on LUCID DREAMING. I remember someone mentioning an herb that helps with dreams. I also heard someone say ONE beer before bed helps out also.
As to lucid dreaming I have found that remembering your dreams helps you immensely. If you keep a pencil and paper next to your bed you can write down your dreams as soon as you wake up to help you remember. Remembering your dreams helps because you often dream the same situations or places over and over. I often dream of a house I lived in years ago. Now when I visit that house I realize that I am dreaming.

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

InvisibleArrakis
PsilocybinPsycho

#2522299 - 04/03/04 05:07 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I have read many studies on how to have more lucid dreams, for my Psych class, and have NEVER read anything that even comes close to any of those suggestions. No offense or anything, but quite frankly I find many of those suggestions ridiculous.

Dankman's suggestions are what I found most often in all of the studies which I read. Remembering and thinking about one's dreams after waking up, is one of the most effective methods. It most likely will take a while (a couple of months) for any major progress to be seen, of course.

--------------------
Funniest shit I've read in a while:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=886829&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart

"He who controls the spice controls the universe!"

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

Re: Dream enhancers [Re: Arrakis]
    #2522320 - 04/03/04 05:13 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Err ok, its ridiculous to you, care to elaborate?. :yawn:

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

#2522328 - 04/03/04 05:16 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Search "lucid dreaming" and you will find better suggestions than smoking a cigarette. I have read up on it and have never heard of a cigarette helping. It may help you but I heve never heard of it.

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

InvisibleArrakis
PsilocybinPsycho

#2522418 - 04/03/04 05:42 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Alright, just a bit.

Smoking cigarettes before bed, in my opinion, won't do a thing.  A connection would have most definitely been made between lucid dreams, and cigarettes by now if there were any.  I'm a smoker, my friends are smokers.  I smoke like a bitch before sleeping ALL the time.  I have also gone to bed many a time before without smoking for hours (usually when I ran out).  They have had no effect on the intensity of my dreams whatsoever.  I know MANY people who do the same thing, some of which that smoke more than I.  The only possible way which I could see it having any effect on dreams, is that since dreams are mostly made up of things which went through one's mind during the day(s) past.  It is possible that while smoking a cigarette one begins to think about recent events or other things.  This could "stir" or "refresh" the thoughts in one's mind before going to sleep.  If you could point out a study which contradicts anything which I have said so far, I would be very interested in reading it.

Eating foods which one doesn't normally eat could do the same things with recent thoughts.  Sitting, especially in the dark, while eating a ripe plum :laugh: could definitely bring on past thoughts, "refreshing" them in one's mind.

Basically, it seems to all go back to the idea of remembering recent (or past) thoughts, or even pondering new thoughts which would come into play in one's dreams.

Wow, I hate typing that much; but if it helped in your pursuit of lucid dreams at all, then I suppose that it was worth it.  You know, I'm hungry now.  I think that I'll go have something to eat, smoke a cigarette (or four), and take a nap.  Sweet dreams :laugh: :thumbup: :beer:

--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=886829&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

#2522620 - 04/03/04 06:43 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I already stated in my post that if your a smoker it probably does nothing, your just confirming that, and no your wrong about it helping me to dream by me thinking of things while I smoke, it has nothing to do with that, thats just absurd. You want me to find a study? lol thats funny, I could state the same suggesting to find a study that contradicts my statements :rolleyes:, Im simply stating the facts of what happens when I smoke.

These are facts, things that accure to me for specific reasons, now if you want to believe I dont know whats happening to me thats fine, I really dont care, its for the ppl who dont already smoke who want to enhance their dreams, I dont know if it works for others but it DOES for a FACT work for me.

Edited by bandaid (07/24/04 03:07 PM)

InvisibleArrakis
PsilocybinPsycho

#2522832 - 04/03/04 07:39 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Hey Bandaid, I did a quick search which yielded a VERY enlightening document.  I'm the kind of guy that will admit that I am wrong once I can see a little solid evidence, and I have seen some. It looks like I may have offended you, though.  Sorry if that is the case. Anyways, here you go :cool::

http://www.web-us.com/dreamfaq.htm

I hope this helps someone, as I found it to be pretty damned interesting. :beer:

--------------------

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Loc: U.S.S.R.
    #2522853 - 04/03/04 07:46 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I haven't had any experiences but my roommate who smoke Calea Zacaticci (sp?) 'The Dream Herb' before bed had very vivid dreams. If you're a daily pot smoker, taking Melatonin will help increase dream recall and depth. Keeping a dream journal is the best way however, imo, but it requires the most discipline.

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: Dream enhancers [Re: YellowSubmarine]
    #2522886 - 04/03/04 07:56 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Melatonin has helped my dreamstates a great deal.
Every lucid dream (that I remember) has taken place when I've taken melatonin about an hour before bedtime. And the rest of the dreams are much more vivid and I remember more.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Offlinekgro
hallucinator

Re: Dream enhancers [Re: valour]
    #2523588 - 04/04/04 12:51 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Diphenhydramine (in Benadryl, also in Tylenol PM with APAP) gives me nightmares, even in low doses like 25mg (1 tablet). I've had dreams within dreams, super-complex dreams, and lucid dreams from it where I could control myself and about 75% of my surroundings.

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
    #2523764 - 04/04/04 03:29 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i think it is a dangerous advice.
tobacco is a very addictive substance,so people who don't smoke be careful...don't smoke tobacco!!!
there are lots of herbs which increase your lucid dreams,also there are techniques...so...forget it

--------------------
lucidal expansion

Edited by butterflydawn (04/04/04 03:31 AM)

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #2523791 - 04/04/04 03:48 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i would like to add that the side effects of the patch include vivid dreams, and the patch is a source of nicotine isnt it? as a matter of fact some people expierence such vivid dreams that they cant use the patch at night.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

#2523923 - 04/04/04 06:33 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

You can try to use vitamin B-6 (plus other group B vitamins), Valeriana officinalis and yes - Melatonin. You can read more about it  here. These things work. So does "the dream herb" or Calea zacatechichi. As I believe what You experience with cigarettes is a placebo. For some it is milk, for others - pickles, for me it is ice-cream and for You I guess - a cigarette. 

:stoned:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds