Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Help me doubt the superiority of Monero & I'll give you free shit.
    #24970551 -

I've been in the cryptocurrency space since mid 2011. I've owned hundreds of bitcoins and I understand most of the utility of cryptocurrency, as well as the problems they face: fungibility/privacy, scalability, tragedy of the commons in regards to block rewards & miners.

I've come to the conclusion that Monero is the best cryptocurrency in regards to technology, economics and utility.

I also have a rule that whatever I believe I should try to disprove it. I already believe it and am acting accordingly; so there is no point in trying to validate it any further as that has no utility. Proving myself wrong could have an impact and change my behavior - and I would be better off.

Quote:
    That is what’s so important about the scientific method. We set out to disprove our theories and it’s when we can’t disprove them that we say this must be getting at something really true about our reality.

    So I think we should do that in all aspects of our lives. If you think that something is true you should try as hard as you can to disprove it, only then can you really get at the truth and not fool yourself.



from:


So, here's a challenge, and I've proposed it elsewhere (and even am the creator of Skepticism Sunday on reddit.com/r/Monero): Provide me with an argument against Monero. Help me understand why it isn't the best cryptocurrency to ever exist.

I will actively refute claims that I disagree with and/or have an answer for.

If you provide an argument that convinces me, or adds doubt and uncertainty about my understanding that Monero is the best: I will give you free shit. Sterilized grain, injection ports, spawn bags, wood dowels for spawn, sterile syringes, needles,edible mushroom spawn/cultures, or even cryptocurrency - whatever I can find that you like. I seriously want to change my view and understand why Monero isn't the best. :smile:

Arguements against it can be anything; lack of liquidity, difficulty to use, that fungible currency isn't important, etc.

To give you some ammo against my view, I have very poorly scribbled out some of my ideas here: www.xmrtalk.org/monero/monero-essay.html

If you need help trying to think of arguements against Monero, it might be somewhat useful to review all of the Skepticism Sunday threads: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/search?q=Skepticism+Sunday&restrict_sr=on&sort=relevance&t=all

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me doubt the superiority of Monero & I'll give you free shit. [Re: Burbles]
    #24970567 -

Owning the staggering capital of 0.27 Monero, I'll follow this with interest.

Monero hasnt really done dick for me since early december. Are you anticipating it to rise or remain stable?


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

:nyan: LGBT - Love God Before Tradition :nyan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me doubt the superiority of Monero & I'll give you free shit. [Re: Asante]
    #24970599 -

Asante said:
Owning the staggering capital of 0.27 Monero, I'll follow this with interest.

Monero hasnt really done dick for me since early december. Are you anticipating it to rise or remain stable?



This is what I think will happen:

Short term:
Monero will largely follow the rest of the cryptocurrency market; it may go down to as low as $70, when bitcoin goes down to as low as $3,000 (based on previous bubbles, that's my prediction). The next bubble (years from now) I wouldn't be remotely surprised if Monero hits $10,000+


In the meantime before the next bubble I suspect it will slowly creep up and pass most all other cryptocurrencies in marketcap, while still following the general ups and downs of the over all market - but it will go up more often then down, relative to others due to real adoption which will foster speculation.

This will be caused largely from speculation caused by seeing it's adoption in various places: Darknets, Botnets, Ransomware, VPN and private email providers, Kratom & Spore syringe sellers, etc -- pretty much anything that is illegal or regulated in such a way traditional payment processors will not suffice.

I believe that any real and substantial value transfer with cryptocurrency will be via Monero fairly soon Largely thanks to the next few updates: Next wallet update will give us multisig, and subaddresses. Improving trustlessness and privacy. Monero will undoubtedly take over the darknet marketplaces and also make darknet selling and buying easier and safer - this will in turn have the effect of growing the yearly revenue of the darknet economy. There is really only one reason to use cryptocurrency and that is to be sneaky/subversive/private - to disobey the government.

For the most part: Cryptocurrencies are not as easy to use, they do not scale well, they are more expensive to spend, their prices fluctuate wildly and many are completely public causing security and privacy issues. The only benefit they have is that you don't need permission: you are in complete control.
This is rather asinine though if blockchain analysis can figure out what your doing, which it can with public/transparent blockchains like what Bitcoin has: now you've committed a crime because no one stopped you, and like an idiot announced the evidence to the world on the blockchain. This is why Bitcoin is shit for it's only real use case scenario, and monero is great. It doesn't narc on you like all the other cryptos/blockchains do. 


As the darknet markets grow and use Monero, related businesses that benefit from the darknet will help facilitate this by also using Monero: Gift card sellers will accept Monero to help vendors cash out into USD privately, Postal purchasing services will accept Monero for payment since vendors need to buy stamps, shipping labels, etc.  Headshops will accept Monero, as their customer base will likely be Monero users, The shroomery.org and sterilized grain sellers already accept Monero.

It does not take much of an imagination to see how someone might: grow shrooms, sell them on the darknet for monero, and then use the monero to buy shipping labels and sterilized grain, pay for a shroomery supporter account, and gift cards to garden centers to buy coco coir, etc. No need to really ever convert to USD.

A real economy will start to form around these people and the enthusiasts.

As the monero economy is It's economy is adopted further and further more and more crime will become easier and easier to do: Taxing Monero is insanely difficult as you don't know who owns it or how much of it they own or anything at all. Paying people under the table, having renters pay in it for tax purposes and whatever else will become more prevalent with it.
This will take many years,maybe a dacade or two but it will happen. Also it might not be monero: but it will be a highly scalable, properly fungible, fully private, anonymous cryptocurrency. Currently Monero is the best bet due to it's active development, best tech around, and alligence to being the best currency and it's willingness to hardfork to better technology as needed.

Some good articles on it:
http://cryptoizzy.blogspot.com/2017/11/the-bitcoin-flaw-monero-rising.html
http://cryptoizzy.blogspot.com/2017/12/monero-valuation-musings.html
http://cryptoizzy.blogspot.com/2018/01/monero-valuation-update-and-refocus.html
http://xmrtalk.org/monero/monero-essay.html




Also: if a private currency doesn't succeed, and we don't ever figure out how to be free, end the war on drugs, and wars in general, fuck it. I don't want to be right. I'll be on the side that is wrong but still makes a killing in it's temporary price rise lol

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."

Also was crazy tired/distracted when wrote this... kinda forgot where I was going with this post.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me doubt the superiority of Monero & I'll give you free shit. [Re: Burbles]
    #24970613 -

It doesn't have any cowbell so there for it cant cure the fever

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me doubt the superiority of Monero & I'll give you free shit. [Re: basqueshaman]
    #24970775 -

Quote:
when bitcoin goes down to as low as $3,000 (based on previous bubbles




I agree with that statement. This guy is legit as fuck.


--------------------
I was pessimistic in my youth. Now I can just follow the Toronto Raptors.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me doubt the superiority of Monero & I'll give you free shit. [Re: Burbles]
    #24971066 -

I feel like being assured of any coins certain ascent to greatness is a dangerous game. What is to prevent a more scalable coin that is even more private from being created and taking top spot?

I dont know much about Moneryo - aside from owning one of them. Is its distribution fair, or do like 3 people own 40% of it?


--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me doubt the superiority of Monero & I'll give you free shit. [Re: Burbles]
    #24971073 -

Dash is better than Monero for the simple fact its worth almost 3 times as much as Monero right now. And worth = value.

I rest my case. :chilldog:


--------------------
"A single lifetime in this density can accomplish a refinement of Will that might take far longer in a realm where the truth is always visible" - Zii, Confederation of Planets, GFL Station.

"You will then have national and global contact around 2026." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS (PDF Download) - 312 pages! | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:Canned Computer Duster SAB Tek 👨‍🔬 | Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits | R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me doubt the superiority of Monero & I'll give you free shit. [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #24971444 -

Quote:
Help me doubt the superiority of Monero & I'll give you free shit.




Title is very funny actually in an unintended way.

If you make an otaku doubt the superiority of anime he'll give you free shit too :awesomenod:


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

:nyan: LGBT - Love God Before Tradition :nyan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me doubt the superiority of Monero & I'll give you free shit. [Re: Asante]
    #24971672 -

Bubbles; what are Monero's applications to the legitimate economy?  Is most of its value derived from its anti-government lean?

Tell me why i'd want to buy it if i'm a normal citizen. 



Because adaptability by the mainstream is all that'll get you the growth you seek.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me doubt the superiority of Monero & I'll give you free shit. [Re: memes]
    #24972063 -

memes said:
Bubbles; what are Monero's applications to the legitimate economy?  Is most of its value derived from its anti-government lean?

Tell me why i'd want to buy it if i'm a normal citizen. 



Because adaptability by the mainstream is all that'll get you the growth you seek.



I would argue that the normal citizen IS a criminal on some level, and they do care about their privacy to some extent, but how about this:
If your a normal citizen and you accept bitcoin, and that bitcoin can be linked back to a crime - you might not be able to spend it, or it may be seized. I bet no one wants that issue. If you get Monero - since it is fungible, and every monero is the same as every other monero - you will get to spend it and keep it regardless of it's history.

However, I'd say: most "normal" people don't have a use for cryptocurrencies at all, as they don't seem to kind paypal being able to freeze their funds, banks and everyone else with permission to view their finances, etc.
That's not really an arguement against Monero but rather cryptocurrencies as a whole, and still allows Monero to be the best cryptocurrency.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me doubt the superiority of Monero & I'll give you free shit. [Re: basqueshaman]
    #24972079 -

basqueshaman said:
It doesn't have any cowbell so there for it cant cure the fever




I stand by my statment find a better argument for anything.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me doubt the superiority of Monero & I'll give you free shit. [Re: basqueshaman] * 1
    #24972088 -

Oh and sheekle wants to invest in it, sheekle taking intrest automatically makes it bootyhole and wieners. Sad but true........

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me doubt the superiority of Monero & I'll give you free shit. [Re: basqueshaman]
    #24972174 -

The only way it will become a dominant currency is if it does somehow merge with LTC. Maybe they will become part of Litepay.

I don't think it will go away, but I don't think it is that important to keep 99.999% of transactions hidden and when you do need that, then you can buy as much Monero as you need. It doesn't seem to have a huge following either, not like other coins and it hardly moves.

The good thing is that it is actually used for something unlike most of these coins.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me doubt the superiority of Monero & I'll give you free shit. [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #24972363 -

Lophosaurus said:
The only way it will become a dominant currency is if it does somehow merge with LTC. Maybe they will become part of Litepay..
I don't think it will go away, but I don't think it is that important to keep 99.999% of transactions hidden and when you do need that, then you can buy as much Monero as you need. It doesn't seem to have a huge following either, not like other coins and it hardly moves.

The good thing is that it is actually used for something unlike most of these coins.



Litecoin doesn't matter.
Privacy is important. You don't realize how much you can be tracked on bitcoin, it is far far worse then even PayPal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me doubt the superiority of Monero & I'll give you free shit. [Re: basqueshaman]
    #24972542 -

basqueshaman said:
Oh and sheekle wants to invest in it, sheekle taking intrest automatically makes it bootyhole and wieners. Sad but true........



When Sheek recommended it was like 45$. Isn't it up to 180-ish now?

That's a solid, solid return.


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me doubt the superiority of Monero & I'll give you free shit. [Re: Nifflerz]
    #24972572 -

Niffla said:
basqueshaman said:
Oh and sheekle wants to invest in it, sheekle taking intrest automatically makes it bootyhole and wieners. Sad but true........



When Sheek recommended it was like 45$. Isn't it up to 180-ish now?

That's a solid, solid return.



It got up to $508. I started to recommend it at $1.89ish :wink:
Didn't get in until later though.
Still need more.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me doubt the superiority of Monero & I'll give you free shit. [Re: Burbles]
    #24972578 -

Burbles said:
Lophosaurus said:
The only way it will become a dominant currency is if it does somehow merge with LTC. Maybe they will become part of Litepay..
I don't think it will go away, but I don't think it is that important to keep 99.999% of transactions hidden and when you do need that, then you can buy as much Monero as you need. It doesn't seem to have a huge following either, not like other coins and it hardly moves.

The good thing is that it is actually used for something unlike most of these coins.



Litecoin doesn't matter.
Privacy is important. You don't realize how much you can be tracked on bitcoin, it is far far worse then even PayPal.



Like most people I don't care about hiding my purchases. Nobody is trying to track down my purchases anyways. You think that because you need to hide purchases that everybody else does to, but I don't think that is the case. Some do and when they want to they can get Monero

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me doubt the superiority of Monero & I'll give you free shit. [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #24972580 -

LogicaL Chaos said:
Dash is better than Monero for the simple fact its worth almost 3 times as much as Monero right now. And worth = value.

I rest my case. :chilldog:



Dash is completely garbage. Everyone who thinks it has real utility is an idiot and doesn't understand the first thing about crypto. Sure you can make money on its sometimes rising prices, but that doesn't mean anything.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me doubt the superiority of Monero & I'll give you free shit. [Re: Burbles]
    #24972587 -

I dont know enough to make you doubt that. Can i have free shit anyways?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me doubt the superiority of Monero & I'll give you free shit. [Re: Burbles]
    #24972622 -

Maybe the major problem lies in educating the potential user base as to what Monero is and why it could be so useful to them.  What is it going to take to get a lot of people to buy into it?  A big name sponsor?  Banner ads in all the right places?  I'm not sure people are going to see it, and therefore it might lose its potential staying power.  Threads like this are only going to reach so many people and they might not be directed towards all the right people.  How do you think the word will get out?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Does anyone have any Monero for sale? Sheekle 423 14 02/08/18 09:05 PM
by Burbles
* Launching a Monero centric marketplace, want some spore & kratom sellers, anyone interested? BurblesV 268 0 02/18/18 03:49 AM
by Burbles
* Civilization free & multiplayer PjS 934 11 03/05/03 06:54 PM
by PjS
* Why don't we just rename OTD the "Shit Heap"
( 1 2 3 all )
boxtop703 13,391 53 05/07/18 09:20 AM
by Cannabischarlie
* they say if you set something free Lallafa 4,626 19 10/19/02 08:04 PM
by Eightball
* venezuelan bud is the shit! cracker_smacker 1,473 11 12/09/02 11:48 AM
by baraka
* $20 for free!!!.............. Bullfrog1 996 6 01/24/03 01:48 PM
by Anonymous
* Nasty shit to look at while tripping DreaMaTrix 2,624 9 01/22/03 08:01 PM
by Xibalba

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,016 topic views. 4 members, 5 guests and 172 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.