Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Killswitch Engage!!! * 1
    #24918261 -

What's up Pub???? :grin::grin::grin:

    Just wanted to post these on here for you guys- "Hate by Design", it's what's wrong with this world!!!  We Can Fix It!!! :heart::thumbup:



        Awesome!!! :rockon:

    Another one, "In Due Time",



        Anyone out there Killswitch fans??  These are a couple of my favorites..... "Let The Shadows Give Way To Light!"- Love the message behind these jams!!!

              :alphabrain:

                      Thanks!!! :heart:.


--------------------
Admirer of Bushido....... Seeker of Truth, and Knowledge.

    I Will Keep the Fire going,  and the Good Wolf fed.......

                    ( We Are All Threads from God.)

                 
                             

Edited by Threads from God89 (01/16/18 01:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Killswitch Engage!!! [Re: Threads from God89]
    #24918279 -

I only listen to psychedelic shrooms toons

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Killswitch Engage!!! [Re: plasma]
    #24918287 -

I thought they had an alright cover on the Dio tribute album but I don't think I'd go listen to any other music by them.


--------------------
:mjk::peyote::tmckenna::potleaf::kratom::growshrooms:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Killswitch Engage!!! [Re: Adammotherfucker]
    #24918319 -

"All that we suffer through, leads to DETERMINATION, the trials we all go through, gives us the STRENGTH TO CARRY ON, something within us burns!!! DESIRE FEEDS THE WILL TO LIVE!"


      "All in due time, I see THE WORLD through DIFFERENT EYES"-

      "ALL in Due Time, Shadows will Give Way to LIGHT!!!"

          "ALL IN DUE TIME!!!" ....... :heart: :rockon:


--------------------
Admirer of Bushido....... Seeker of Truth, and Knowledge.

    I Will Keep the Fire going,  and the Good Wolf fed.......

                    ( We Are All Threads from God.)

                 
                             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Killswitch Engage!!! [Re: Adammotherfucker]
    #24918460 -

Adammotherfucker said:
I thought they had an alright cover on the Dio tribute album but I don't think I'd go listen to any other music by them.



Yea not that great a band

No offense to fans, just sounds subpar to these ears as conpared to what i assume theyre trying to achieve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Killswitch Engage!!! [Re: stzacrack]
    #24918491 -

I definitely dig their instrumentals..... Listen to the words and the message of "All in due time" or "Hate by Design". 

        Songs about overcoming adversity, and perservering in the face of darkness and despair!!!!!! Love it!!!  Coming together and making the world a better place??  Damn right, I'd be in!!! :thumbup:


--------------------
Admirer of Bushido....... Seeker of Truth, and Knowledge.

    I Will Keep the Fire going,  and the Good Wolf fed.......

                    ( We Are All Threads from God.)

                 
                             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Killswitch Engage!!! [Re: Threads from God89]
    #24918524 -

Threads from God89 said:
"All that we suffer through, leads to DETERMINATION, the trials we all go through, gives us the STRENGTH TO CARRY ON, something within us burns!!! DESIRE FEEDS THE WILL TO LIVE!"


      "All in due time, I see THE WORLD through DIFFERENT EYES"-

      "ALL in Due Time, Shadows will Give Way to LIGHT!!!"

          "ALL IN DUE TIME!!!" ....... :heart: :rockon:



The second to last line sounds a ton like Darkness To Light by Sweet Smoke. Probably pretty different overall though.


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Killswitch Engage!!! [Re: Threads from God89]
    #24918693 -

Saw them live at the University in Regina, liked the Venue, saw a number of bands there
they invited everyone in the front rows up onto the stage at the end of their set
think they were opening for From Autumn To Ashes
maybe they were main act and FATA was opening...
and the band that was on before them was As I Lay Dying?
probably still have their setlist tucked away somewhere,
seem to recall asking the drummer for the one off his kit after they played
used to collect the sets from various shows

only knew two songs by them going into the show




Have not listened to them since, was not a big fan
my ex liked them more; seem to recall her picking up a really nice pink-lettered hoodie at the show

As I Lay Dying

only song from my memory -- seem to recall them also doing a show with Deftones in Montréal years later

From Autumn To Ashes

Remember doing concert photography at the time and being discouraged that they 'looked boring' on stage :lol:
remember enjoying this song quite a bit tho
was a bit of a sucker for female vocals in metal and screamo

that's about all Killswitch Engage prompts in my memory :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Killswitch Engage!!! [Re: Tantrika]
    #24918832 -

Awesome man!!!  Thanks!!!  :grin::thumbup:


--------------------
Admirer of Bushido....... Seeker of Truth, and Knowledge.

    I Will Keep the Fire going,  and the Good Wolf fed.......

                    ( We Are All Threads from God.)

                 
                             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Killswitch Engage!!! [Re: Tantrika] * 1
    #24919287 -

Tantrika said:
As I Lay Dying





Wasn't too into Killswitch, but I did like these guys. First time I saw them they opened for Killswitch. I was maybe 14 or 15.

The vocalist went to jail for hiring a hitman to kill his wife.  :handth:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Killswitch Engage!!! [Re: Robo]
    #24919471 -

Yeah, no....... That's not a good idea, lol.  Sounds like he's saying " I want to kill.... YOU", Yeah, I can see why he went to jail then, haha.

        I can dig Killswitch cuz I can get on board with the message of their songs for the most part and there is some serious vocal skills with their stuff.... Also I can understand what they are saying and that's always a plus!! Lol.....:rockon:


--------------------
Admirer of Bushido....... Seeker of Truth, and Knowledge.

    I Will Keep the Fire going,  and the Good Wolf fed.......

                    ( We Are All Threads from God.)

                 
                             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Killswitch Engage!!! [Re: Threads from God89]
    #24919618 -

I like their 1st album when I was more into metal music. I seen them a couple times and they actually started out being really fun and got progressively worse. Usually its the opposite.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Killswitch Engage!!! [Re: Threads from God89]
    #24919782 -

Threads from God89 said:
I can understand what they are saying and that's always a plus!! Lol.....:rockon:



That's nothing, I listened to Converge a lot. To this day, I think there's many lines on their album "Jane Doe" nobody knows exactly what's said. Still one of my favorites. :rotfl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Killswitch Engage!!! [Re: Robo]
    #24923512 -

Metal core,I prefer shadows fall or early all that remains
Bodycount has a new album out,met a black band member on Amtrak  a couple years ago,sold him a apple charger,think he was the drummer
Listened to black hand inn,by running wild today,my 80,s thrift store amp was pumping, 180 watts potential,rare model yamaha ,got it for 6 or 8 dollars,can't remember,need some higher end speakers, some klipsh heresy would be nice or some advents or Boston acoustic s


--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Killswitch Engage!!! [Re: Threads from God89]
    #24923597 -

This band is absolutely terrible, oh my god...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Killswitch Engage!!! [Re: 5150]
    #24926248 -

5150 said:
Metal core,I prefer shadows fall or early all that remains
Bodycount has a new album out,met a black band member on Amtrak  a couple years ago,sold him a apple charger,think he was the drummer
Listened to black hand inn,by running wild today,my 80,s thrift store amp was pumping, 180 watts potential,rare model yamaha ,got it for 6 or 8 dollars,can't remember,need some higher end speakers, some klipsh heresy would be nice or some advents or Boston acoustic s



:rockon:........

          I noticed your sig and Musashi Miyamoto quote, I am currently reading "Child of Vengeance" by David Kirk.  "Shogun" by James Clavelle is another one I need to finish!!  Haha. Love me some 16th century Japan!!!


--------------------
Admirer of Bushido....... Seeker of Truth, and Knowledge.

    I Will Keep the Fire going,  and the Good Wolf fed.......

                    ( We Are All Threads from God.)

                 
                             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Killswitch Engage!!! [Re: Threads from God89]
    #24928102 -

Yes shogun is pretty good
Never heard of the kirk one
Angry white pajamas is a good book,some dude from England goes and studies at an intense judo? School in Japan


--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Killswitch Engage. Anyone a fan?
( 1 2 all )
Razzl3Frazzl3 1,502 29 10/06/10 12:24 PM
by Kingofdiamonds
* Killswitch Engage's- Holydiver KillerPicklez 683 8 01/28/08 07:15 PM
by Kid_Orgo
* Guns on AMTRAK! YAY ZippoZM 594 7 09/23/09 10:50 PM
by blewmeanie
* Anyone ever ride Amtrak? Madtowntripper 1,483 10 11/21/05 07:11 PM
by QuantumMeltdown
* amtrak and drugs notapillow 1,521 19 02/15/05 11:11 AM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* Amtrak across the border tito123 689 11 11/13/13 04:59 PM
by koods
* in case anyone is interested amtrak has a special, chicago to SF for under $100 ZippoZM 1,162 9 05/09/07 10:10 PM
by jewunit
* Check out these awesome deals from AMTRAK!!! ZippoZM 953 6 10/22/06 03:12 AM
by domite

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
573 topic views. 7 members, 10 guests and 174 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.