Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Youth says sold LSD to boy who died after being electrocuted
    #2486577 - 03/31/04 10:21 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/410510.html

Youth says sold LSD to boy who died after being electrocuted

By Roni Singer, Haaretz Correspondent

A 17-year-old Rishon Letzion resident admitted to selling LSD to a boy who was killed two weeks ago in Eilat after climbing a high voltage tower and being electrocuted while under the influence of the drug.

The boy was arrested over the past few days along with five other youths, in connection with drug dealing. The boy's testimony was sent to the Eilat police station, which has been investigating the death for the past weeks.

David Akrabi, a 17-year-old high school student from Rishon Letzion, was killed two weeks ago during a class trip to the southern port town of Eilat, after he climbed a high voltage tower while still wet from a swim in the sea. He suffered critical injuries and was taken to the Yoseftal Medical Center in Eilat, where he later died of his wounds.

Witnesses said Akrabi was hurled from the tower into a nearby navy compound by the force of the electric currents.

Police over the past weeks have been investigating drug dealing in clubs in Rishon Letzion. The investigation began after information was received of a group of youths who were supplying Marijuana and LSD to minors and to adults. A police undercover agent purchased drugs from the group on two separate occasions, and four suspects were arrested on Monday.

Police arrested two more suspects on Tuesday morning, and their investigation revealed that they planned to use the money they earned for a trip to Amsterdam.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Youth says sold LSD to boy who died after being electrocuted [Re: Anno]
    #2486709 - 03/31/04 12:01 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

> boy who was killed two weeks ago in Eilat after climbing a high voltage tower and being electrocuted while under the influence of the drug.

Of course, he could have just as easily climbed the tower and been electrocuted while not under the influence of the drug... but it must have been the drug that made him do it...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinesnowspeed1
Psychonaut
Re: Youth says sold LSD to boy who died after being electroc [Re: Anno]
    #2513263 - 04/02/04 12:22 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Drugs dont make people stupid, stupidity does that.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Youth says sold LSD to boy who died after being electroc [Re: Anno]
    #2518169 - 04/02/04 09:27 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

"state store employee arrested after selling somebody booze & then said customer doing some really stupid shit & dying"

~

there's a headline you won't see soon...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

#2520767 - 04/03/04 05:59 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

what? this was during a class trip.

obviously the teachers weren't watching their students properly. how the fuck could they not catch him climbing up the tower BEFORE he got electrocuted.

why are they arresting the kids who sold the lsd? like someone pointed out every day millions of gallons of beer and alcohol are being sold and everyday thousands of deaths occur as a direct result. Even INNOCENT people. I didn't see any innocent people dying here.

this pisses me off  :mad2:

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2524801 - 04/04/04 05:05 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

quote] A 17-year-old Rishon Letzion resident admitted to selling LSD

Thats the only part that pisses me off.....why do they always confess?

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #2574403 - 04/18/04 05:05 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Bigger problem than drugs in the US: The absense of self-responsability.

Why, oh why must we always play the blame game? Thats why we have a horrible cival law problem w/ suing, and a big reason why drugs are still illegal. No one is responsable for there own actions. Ultimately it was the kids fault, sure *in part* it was the teachers fault for not watching, maybe even the kids for selling acid, and probably a ton of other people can be blamed as well. But really it was the kid, he choice to take acid, go on a school trip and climb and electric fence, its clearly his fault. Unfortunately we always want to blame someone in situations like this :frown:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Youth says sold LSD to boy who died after being electrocuted [Re: DailyPot]
    #2576717 - 04/19/04 05:25 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I actually think it's human nature to want to point a finger to blame, especially if there is a tragic loss involved. I don't think that it is a problem with just the US...although I see your point.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Youth says sold LSD to boy who died after being electrocuted [Re: MOTH]
    #2576864 - 04/19/04 08:16 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

> I actually think it's human nature to want to point a finger to blame

I disagree, in a way.  I think we have been taught to point a finger and blame over the last sixty years or so.  It is basically job security for politicians, lawyers, and the media.  Remember the old saying, "Don't make a federal case out of it"?  It isn't used much anymore, 'cause it doesn't make sense.  Everything is now a federal case.

People have been taught to stop thinking.  Get your daily dosage of how you are supposed to feel about something from CNN headline news.  Bush and Gore will tell us how we are supposed to behave and feel about really important stuff.  If something goes wrong, it isn't your fault, but rather somebody elses.  Oh, and you are intitled to a huge sum of money from somebody, somewhere, when something does go wrong; the old lawsuit lottery.  If you feel like thinking, God forbid, quickly stop and turn on the TV.  See, it isn't so hard.  Next week, how to blame others for our own problems.

Edit: Classic example of what I was saying above: http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/04/18/coors.suit.ap/index.html

RENO, Nevada (AP) -- The mother of a 19-year-old killed in a traffic accident is suing Coors Brewing Co., claiming that it promotes underage drinking.

Lawsuit lottery... make me rich!

Jodie Pisco, of Reno, contends Coors has failed in its duty to protect the country's youth from drinking. Her son, Ryan, was killed in 2002 after he drank Coors at a party and drove his girlfriend's car into a light pole at 90 mph, the lawsuit says.

Yep... my son was underage, at a party, drinking, and then driving.  He tried to drive home drunk, at 90 mph, crashed into a light pole and died.  Obviously coors is responsible, 'cause they make beer.  (I wonder what the kid was drinking...)

The lawsuit, filed Wednesday in Washoe County District Court, seeks unspecified damages. It accused Coors of "glorifying a culture of youth, sex and glamour while hiding the dangers of alcohol abuse and addiction."

So why aren't they suing the car manufacturer?  They made a car that would drive too fast and start when a drunk turns the key.  Or why aren't they suing the parents?  They let their kid go out to a party and get drunk and drive home?  Oh wait, they are the parents... not their fault I suppose.  :rolleyes:

Laura Sankey, a spokeswoman for Golden, Colorado-based Coors, said that although she could not comment on pending litigation, the company "doesn't want underage consumers -- period."

They make plenty of money from legal age drinkers.

"Tragedies like this further reinforce why the fight against underage drinking and drunk driving must continue," Sankey told the Reno Gazette-Journal.

Which starts at home, with the parents.  Who let their child watch TV knowing that there are commercials for alcohol.  Who let their child read magazines knowing that there are commercials for alcohol.  Who let their child drive to a party knowing that there would probably be alcohol?

Also named in the suit were Ryan Pisco's girlfriend and her mother. The lawsuit alleges the girlfriend allowed Pisco, who lacked a valid driver's license, to drive off in her car, which had been given to her by her mother.

Who got into the car and drove off?  Oh, I get it... the girlfriend and her mother forced the kid into the car, started it up, put it in gear, and forced him to drive home at 90 mph, or wreck trying.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Edited by Seuss (04/19/04 10:07 AM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Youth says sold LSD to boy who died after being electrocuted [Re: Seuss]
    #2577064 - 04/19/04 10:11 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

That's very true. You're right, it's more "taught" to us. Sad, though.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Youth says sold LSD to boy who died after being electrocuted [Re: Seuss]
    #2583357 - 04/20/04 04:28 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

What you say is so true. I love how you broke that down.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: motaman, karode13, Alan Rockefeller, naum, Mostly_Harmless
1,665 topic views. 0 members, 6 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:

Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2017 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.069 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.